moon777light

What is the Hero's Journey?

9 posts in this topic

The Hero is meant to die, every time. 

1 hour ago, Greatnestwithin said:

Google it 

i meant to see your guy's perspective but ok ¬¬

Edited by moon777light

Leo has a video on it. Joseph Campbell came up with the concept after studying all sorts of mythology from around the world. He found a common theme in all of these stories of a hero setting off on an adventure to find himself. George Lucas used the hero’s journey concept for creating Star Wars. So if you’ve seen those movies it’s a great depiction of it. The first part of the journey is when the hero gets his call to action and he denys it. Until he’s backed into a corner and he has no choice but to accept the call. I took Leo’s life purpose course and my “call” showed up as stand up comedy and what do ya know, I rejected the idea of doing it. Until about a month ago I went to a comedy show and realized that this may be my one thing, my life purpose. Now I’m reading books on it and I’m sort of being forced to either try standup comedy or live a shitty life. My journey has just begun. Once you understand how the journey relates to your life it helps you surrender to it and stay on the path. Watch Leo’s video and read some of joseph Campbell’s work. 

i didnt know he has a video, ill watch it thanks :) 

Goodluck on your stand up journey Slade

What is the Hero's Journey?

It is a template for spiritual development unconsciously conveyed through literature and art throughout the ages.
It is not a method to self-actualize, but to self-reflect upon your self-actualization.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2