Shakazulu

Masculine darkness

10 posts in this topic

Why is it important for a man to embrace his.   " Dark side " this popped up today, I remember way of the superior man mentioning this also

@Shakazulu If your having dinner with your family and a guy with a chainsaw comes in and tries to kill you all, perhaps it can be useful to defend your family on a more permanent basis. It's also good to get a different perspective and having embraced the dark side makes you more resilient.

If you do not embrace the dark side, it will embrace itself without your conscious attention.
When you identify as 'good', the other is identified as 'evil'.
The good always do evil to combat evil in a way that seems good to them.

Thieves steal to feed their families, policemen shoots to subdue an uncooperative suspect.

The only problem of being good and evil at once is that there is no rule set to 'solve' life.
Some people cannot handle it. It seems to them that it is impossible to make a decision.
It is, and it is the point. You are not making decisions, but self-evaluating and rationalizing your behavior.
You are necessarily ambivalent in nature. Just like a tiger, a monkey, or a blade of grass.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Shakazulu

What is the dark side? I don't ever remember David Deida talking about this.

@aurum I studied it through audible months ago, but maybe it wasn't from the superior man 

Dark Triad personality traits are often found in succesful people. Also in people with succesful careers. 

Narcissism, Machiavellianism, and Psychopathy are the three Dark Triad personality traits. 

Those traits lead to a willingness/need to dominate over others. 

Since we are all just highly advanced Apes the most dominant people will have better mating options. 

29 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

@SFRL how about passion, jealousy and revenge?  

I think jealousy and revenge are emotions, passion is more of a state of mind. They are not personality traits. 

Maybe people with Dark Triad personality traits are more likely to experience such emotions. 

The whole thing to me though it's like this: The word "Dark" already indicates a form of judgement. But maybe it's just better to acknowledge those personality traits for what they are. 

Like I said before in the end a human is just a highly advanced monkey. The more primitive parts of the human brain are still very much monkey like. That's where people 'drives' come from. 

Well what is a monkey? A monkey is a social creature that lives in a social group and within that group there is an established hiearchy. And the monkey tries to fit into that hiearchy. Of course it's more advantageous to be at the top of the hiearchy then at the bottom of the hiearchy. The 'Dark Triad monkey' is more adapt to make that rise to the top of the hiearchy. Survival of the fittest. 

Now if you see a tiger kill a deer, you are not going to say "bad bad tiger", no that's just what a tiger does. The same goes for a monkey. Don't judge a monkey for being power hungry and wanting to sit on top of the monkey rock. That's just what a monkey is/does. 

It's the same for people. If you are able to embrace your 'Dark side' that's just survival of the fittest. 

@Shakazulu You have to integrate the shadow into your psyche.

Its always a possibility that a physical altercation could occur. Are you prepared for something like that?

Like @tsuki said, if you don't address your weaknesses and your insecurities/"Dark Side", it will start to manifest in front of you in often subtle ways and you will stuff it under the rug.

For example, someone is telling you about their accomplishments and instead of thinking in a win-win type of scenario and being happy for that person, you are secretly seething inside with jealousy and trying to suppress it instead of being open with yourself and the other.