iluminado

Letting Go by David Hawkins

42 posts in this topic

Seriously, this is the only thing you need. Literally, nothing else. His shit transformed my life in ways I can't even explain. Don't distract yourself with crazy techniques and ultra-complex concepts, it's a huge waste of time. 

Second this... I'm just 1/4 of the way through but this is my new before sleep book and loving it.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

@InfinitePotential nice, man... it's kinda scary to think how many people live their entire lifes with a huge amount of suppressed/repressed emotions and, consequently, not being able to find true happiness... personally, it got me rid of social anxiety, many worries and past traumas. It takes time to process everything, and I haven't yet, but the journey is amazing. Everyday you feel better and better, calmer, way more confident and you get to understand why people are doing what they're doing, why they think what they think... I'm 100% certain I don't need any self-actualization content for the rest of my life. This book is Truth or, at least, the most practical Truth you'll find.

I found zazen to be infinite times more effective than David Dawkins techniques.

Everyone is different, don't forget that.

I also suffer from social anxiety. 

May I ask you:

1. How long did it take to overcome social anxiety with letting go?

2. How long were the sessions of letting go? How many a day did you do? Like in the morning and before going to sleep? During the day?

3. How did you go about surrendering the feeling about social anxiety? Did you go back to memories when you were anxious to get the feeling and surrendered to these feelings or how did you do that? 

4. How did your sessions of letting go look like? Did you sit in your room, went for a walk etc. ?

Thanks 

20 hours ago, jacoo said:

I also suffer from social anxiety. 

May I ask you:

1. How long did it take to overcome social anxiety with letting go?

2. How long were the sessions of letting go? How many a day did you do? Like in the morning and before going to sleep? During the day?

3. How did you go about surrendering the feeling about social anxiety? Did you go back to memories when you were anxious to get the feeling and surrendered to these feelings or how did you do that? 

4. How did your sessions of letting go look like? Did you sit in your room, went for a walk etc. ?

Thanks 

1. After one month of daily practice I was already feeling way lighter in social situations. I had some REALLY serious anxiety problems in the past, and today, with almost 6 months of intense practice, I can confidently say I have close to zero anxiety in my daily life. 

2. Usually 20-40 minutes, one session a day. Usually in the night one hour before sleep. If a specific situation triggered your anxiety, accept let go of the feeling when you get home.

3. I actually try to work on what I'm feeling in the moment or in the day. Most of your trauma will manifest itself in your daily life, so by now I would recommend you to just to let go of what comes to you. Be aware of situations that trigger your anxiety/fear and work on that in the end of the day. If you want to go deeper, try to understand the root cause of the feeling. Recognize the patterns and fix them.

4. I just sit in my bed, close my eyes and zone on what I'm feeling. Nothing special :)

Good luck bro!

Thanks man ! :) 

I will do this before going to sleep, will write how much it affects my life :)

Also could you please tell me, after doing the letting go, did you always end it with the feeling of relief, disappearance of of the feeling that you wanted to let go of ,or did you just finish after one hour, with the feeling still being in you? Thanks 

On 07/06/2018 at 4:30 PM, jacoo said:

Also could you please tell me, after doing the letting go, did you always end it with the feeling of relief, disappearance of of the feeling that you wanted to let go of ,or did you just finish after one hour, with the feeling still being in you? Thanks 

In the end I have total or almost complete relief. There are days which you'll have more resistance and sometimes you won't be able to let go of it all. Don't beat yourself up for that, it's normal. Remember that when you let go of wanting to let go, you can let go of everything :)

@iluminado I'm going to be emotionally triggered from this post and wage a non-dual jihad on the disbelievers. Everyone knows "The Book of Not Knowing" is the ultimate book. All those who show even the slightest deviation from my opinion shall feel the wrath of my keyboard. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Yep :) letting go works :D I have been doing it for the past like 5-6 months and my social anxiety is like 90% gone :D :D And this journey is amazing itself :) 

It is very powerful and indeed can help you deal with your issues, but it is really nothing more then coping mechanic to rewire your personality, it has very little to do with further work you decide to do , or not decide to do , you just merge with reality and if living happy life is all you want , you can stop there, nothing wrong with it. 

I read the book once but i miss the part where he explains how to actually do it, i mean, just saying "let it go" isn't much helpful, but let me see if i get it:

Let's say i am feeling some anxiety/resistance toward something (usually i feel those when i have to study something), i just focus on that feeling and try to let it go, relaxing in that feeling (usually is a tight feeling n my belly and chest) over and over until it goes away? And this is cumulative, meaning that if i repeat this process over days, weeks or months those feelings tend to disappear completely? 

26 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

@purerogue I think it is more than just a coping mechanic. Emotional mastery, love, and acceptance of what is, is a big part of overall development as well as transcendence. It can certainly be a catapult into deeper enlightenment work.

Also helps to prevent becoming a Zen Devil!

Sorry, did not mean coping mechanic in lateral sense, anyway , it is good thing to try and I would highly suggest it. 

On 15.1.2019 at 8:34 PM, Recursoinominado said:

I read the book once but i miss the part where he explains how to actually do it, i mean, just saying "let it go" isn't much helpful, but let me see if i get it:

Let's say i am feeling some anxiety/resistance toward something (usually i feel those when i have to study something), i just focus on that feeling and try to let it go, relaxing in that feeling (usually is a tight feeling n my belly and chest) over and over until it goes away? And this is cumulative, meaning that if i repeat this process over days, weeks or months those feelings tend to disappear completely? 

Could someone kindly elaborate on this? I'm facing the exact same question

Thanks guys!

@JerseyHoopz Well he doesn't say how to do it, because there is no actual doing involved. It is the opposite. It is the letting go. It is realizing that you are hanging onto something and deciding to surrender it.

Maybe think of a problem you have had for some time. You are struggling with it, trying to deal with it on the physical level, or trying to hold your awareness on it in the hopes of healing it this way etc. Now realize, that you do not need to deal with it. Just let it go. Decide that you will not engage with it anymore. You will not try to fix it, you will not reinforce it, you will not observe it, nothing. Just let it go. It's none of your business any more.

Like this. The whole book is just one big reminder that you have the power to let go of anything instantly. Just like that. Just by willing it. Just by knowing that you can.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@okulele Wow, thanks so much for your answer. Upon first read, this was almost like a little mini-awakening to me. Then I read 3-4 times to fully grasp it and the first effect was gone already 9_9

Anyway, I think this cleared it up quite a bit for me. I was tripping over passages in the book where he says e.g. "Ask yourself, what kind of emotions am I suppressing" or "Go into a situation mentally and see what emotions come up" which both sounded to me like more on the "doing" side. Perhaps the "not-doing" can follow after those exercise by letting go of whatever comes up, just as you described