Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mohdanas

How can a wise man stop feeding "EGO"

10 posts in this topic

I have noticed, the more wise you become, the more power you have.  More people are willing to listen to you, come to you for solutions. And in the process of providing solutions, I have began taking a "subtle ego boost" or "pride" or "feeling of being better than them" for my learning and knowledge and it takes me away from humility and love.

P.S. - I think this is question for some people here as well. 

Backstory 

I have been suffering for years and dying to feel good about me, I stopped living and spend two years unemployed in a way, just learning about everything while being criticized by everybody, rejected and not loved. 

And now, as I live with what I know, people ask for emotional help, and and when I tell them. I feel good about myself ( that see I wasnt doing absolute shitty thing world ) but deep inside I feel bad because I feel like" I am being better than them" and this isn't humility. 

What would you do if somebody came to you with a question like this?
Would you try to answer him and 'help', so that he would feel better?

Answers serve only one purpose - to forget questions.
It is only possible due to the fact that you answer your own understanding of other people's questions.
You also ask people questions and answer them yourself by understanding what they tell you in response.

You can never be wiser than yourself. You can never be better than others.
Humility and pride in this context are a misunderstanding of what is happening.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

40 minutes ago, tsuki said:

What would you do if somebody came to you with a question like this?
Would you try to answer him and 'help', so that he would feel better?

Yes, I would explain there problem and offer solutions.

48 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Answers serve only one purpose - to forget questions.

Agreed. The whole process involve giving answer to a question and in turn starting a chain reaction of question and answers until the time comes into question. 

52 minutes ago, tsuki said:

You can never be wiser than yourself. You can never be better than others.

Can, you further explain this co relation in more depth? I understand the first part but not the relation to the other.

Generally Stating - People can be better footballer than themselves and in turn so they become better than others that restrict their growth. 

Humility and pride in this context are a misunderstanding of what is happening.

I didn't get the conclusion as the premise isn't clear to me. 

Thank you for your effort to reply <3

11 minutes ago, mohdanas said:

I didn't get the conclusion as the premise isn't clear to me. 

The conclusion is that the premise can necessarily never be clear.
The premise can only be clear by inattention to details. By not looking anymore.

The moment that something is clear is the moment that you start to solve the problem that you created yourself.
Even if a person comes to you for solutions, you can only solve problems of your own mind.
Your understanding of their problem.

The same reasoning applies to the problem of hierarchy of people.
You can only assess worth of your understanding of other person.
By saying that you are better than him, you are saying that you are better than your understanding of him.
Saying that is to say that you are better than yourself, as you are your understanding of others.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Have you ever tried answering questions by asking questions?

Edited by tsuki

being concious

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

@mohdanas Why does reality exist? Where did you come from? What are you? What are other people? What happens when you die? Why is there evil in the world? Is there a heaven & hell? Do paranormal things exist or not? Is suicide ok? Are there really aliens? Are they spiritual, hostile? How does atom and quantum make sense together? Is intuition real? Are there psychic powers? Is infinity self aware? Do you have free will? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1) Correction: The more knowledge you have and more certain you are of that knowledge, makes people who are even remotely interested listen to you.

More knowledge or skill does not make you better or special, just more proficient. If I am good at basketball and my friend is not, it doesnt make my worth better than him or her; That includes life advice as well. All of this stems from the fact that is something is insufficient within you.

Just realise this: self worth doesn't exist, reality is ultimately 'valueless' and 'worthless'. It is completely neutral.

2) There are two types of humility:

a)Internal humility : It means that you know there is always more growth possible so you never say I know it all.

b)Outward humility : Portray yourself as important or not important, it doesnt matter. Ultimately you are existentially unimportant.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

According to Leo, by actually stopping nourrishing yourself.

"Experience is the name we give to our mistakes"

So a person with a lot of experience is also a person who fucked up a lot.