tsuki

One simple question

35 posts in this topic

Guys you are trying to taste your tongue right here... ?I laugh 

hmm thought = a perception we experience through our senses just like seeing, hearing, tasting.. ? but it's the king of perceptions. the Bowser at the end of each Level Mario has to kill (or in this case transcend)

super_mario_bros_nes_classic_03.jpg

(oh, this pic makes me a huge nostalgic sap. I'm such a 90ies kid) xD :$

whatever arises, love that

11 hours ago, Malelekakis said:

a Knife cannot cut itself

Sure it can. Just look at all of the answers in this thread.
They all are different shapes that can be cut out of a knife. They are all true.
Even your answer is a knife cutting itself by not cutting itself.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

11 hours ago, Pernani said:

isn't this the kind of question that you need to discover by yourself?

I'm not looking for my answer in your answers.
I'm looking at my answer in your answers.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@cirkussmile I can relate to this.
Thoughts are not an esoteric otherworldly, immaterial phenomena. A material, physical stone is a thought.
You can silence the chatter of the mind and it is still obvious that a stone is a stone.
There is no need for a thought-word 'stone' so that you can recognize the stone.

@Maycol Damn, aren't you a quick learner? :D 

Edited by tsuki

Cosmic consciousness that floats around the universe? Completely undetectable.

8 hours ago, Preetom said:

Thoughts are subtle objects having 2 distinct parts.

1) The actual 'feel/existence' of a thought. Either a sight or a sound. Just a neutral object only existing/being.

2) The story/meaning aspect of that thought. The part which only points towards another groundless meaning, which points towards another groundless meaning...ad infinitum. This part can be the mother of all delusion/maya

That is only through the contemplative perspective.
As you go through your daily life, these are mixed and intertwined with each other.
A physical pen relates to a physical piece of paper. You don't even have to notice the pen and think of a piece of paper.
All you can think of is the text you want to write, and yet - these things come together without your attention.
You don't even have to think about the answer, but about the question and the answer comes to you by itself.

These references are not meaningless in the sense of being unimportant.
They are meaningless in the sense of being arbitrary. That you can link them in various configurations.
They are however most of the time emotional in the sense that they 'suck you in' - just like a good movie.
Is this Maya?

Edited by tsuki

@Monkey-manYour post is very interesting and I will address it later on today.

3 hours ago, tsuki said:

Is this Maya?

Yup. Thats the very function on Maya. Creating an infinite chain of meaning, name and form out of absolute nothingness.

It's very function is to turn the impossible into possible (creating something out of nothing)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

All of the above very interesting expressions by the responding of memory?

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless What is the relationship between thought and memory?
I was counting on your explanation, as you always seem to be talking about thought ;).

Sure mr @tsuki??

When I inquire into it I see that thought is an immediate response of the senses to a sensation, or it is psychological, the response of memory. There is the immediate response of the nerves to a sensation, and there is the psychological response of memory.

The center “i” manifestation of thought attributes to itself being independent of thought “fragmentation” and identifies with thought to formulate an experience. That’s where this separation comes in between thought and the thinker. On a very simple and obvious level that most can observe in themselves thought is the response of knowledge and past experience responding from memory. Without memory “recognition” there can be no thought. I would say thought is psychological/neurological. A material process. This is something that can be observed in ones self. 

This is how I would explain thought on a basic  level though. Our very mechanism to answer that is limited by its very limit?

Edited by Faceless

You said to be simple 

Thought is the response of knowledge and experience, from memory. 

The word "thought" keeps deferring its meaning to something else ad infinitum... 

39 minutes ago, Maycol said:

The word "thought" keeps deferring its meaning to something else ad infinitum... 

I adore how you go through the thread and read everything, and then imagine this is Leo's reaction to it all lmao!!! :D:D