tsuki

One simple question

35 posts in this topic

What is thought?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Thought = language = meaning = reason = word = logos

We don't need thought or language for physical survival, we can survive greatly without ever thinking or knowing any languages.

We don't really need thought or language for communication (just like animals can communicate without language and thought)

So what is thought/language is really a mystery

I don't think it has purpose in life of material world because all that exists for humans in material world only exists for self-survival purposes, I think its purpose is for human-being to know how to move beyond this world because frankly this world does not need thought at all. Thought is rather alien to this world.

According to theological interpretations, human-beings v1.0 were living in infantile unconscious blissful state on Earth, and communicated by telepathy (also without thoughts), sounds, nonverbal signs, so communication was totally situational and not language-based. There was no language and no thoughts. And once upon a time there was creation of Adam (human-being v2.0) and Adam differed because he had language/thought and he spread it across unconscious blissful humans. Once humans received language their lives turned into suffering, they started to feel cold, hot etc. Theology says that language/thought is instrument of thinking (and not of communication), which was given to Adam by God so humans can use language to live accordingly to God's providential plan/idea (Logos). However, throughout time language became used for communication and the whole point of language is lost because thinking is opposite of communication. Internal dialogue within one's mind is still a communication and not thinking. Actual thinking occurs without dialogue as far as I understand. Also in theology, in apocalypse day human-beings will forget language and will forget that they ever knew any language, so world will be perceived as totally chaotic field of undefinable objects and this will induce sense of horror.

I actually had this experience once, having deconstruction session I realised that language is not real, and after a while of this realisation I couldn't speak and think, I was speechless and had sense of horror and shock for several hours, I looked at my room and it was not a room anymore but bunch of meaningless objects, I looked at my hand and it was not a hand but something which I had no idea and no thought of what it is. U can't think without language. I had cold shower and hot shower but experienced no difference between them, discomfort couldn't enter mind and stayed somewhere in the body.

Therefore, the actual matrix is not an ego, not rules, not sense of lack, but language. Others are secondary. In the movie the Matrix, this was greatly articulated - bunch of numbers and letters symbolised matrix. So language is the matrix, when person is an infant baby he receives the matrix with his mother's speech. If baby does not hear language he is out of matrix. Once he is absorbed by language completely, he is stuck in the matrix, once he is stuck - language is eating his inner time, matrix steals your time coz without thought/language there is no psychological time.

Therefore, thought/language has created matrix, hence sufferings, but also thought/language is instrument of breaking out of the physical world into divine world according to God's providential logos. So matrix = culture = inevitable drawback of leading unconscious nature into consciousness.

I've noticed that these days many lil kids are very late in learning how to speak comparing to previous generations, today many can't speak even being 6 years old. I guess it means that humans become more resistant to matrix/culture, in other words they have more time to develop some consciousness before they are enslaved. I guess it is the sign of progress coz it will be easier for them to break through the matrix.

@Monkey-man wow :) 

From what I have heard, "Thought is movement" and now I will refer you to my good friend, @Faceless to explain what that actually means :P 

5 minutes ago, Monkey-man said:

Thought = language = meaning = reason = word = logos

We don't need thought or language for physical survival, we can survive greatly without ever thinking or knowing any languages.

We don't really need thought or language for communication (just like animals can communicate without language and thought)

So what is thought/language is really a mystery

I don't think it has purpose in life of material world because all that exists for humans in material world only exists for self-survival purposes, I think its purpose is for human-being to know how to move beyond this world because frankly this world does not need thought at all. Thought is rather alien to this world.

According to theological interpretations, human-beings v1.0 were living in infantile unconscious blissful state on Earth, and communicated by telepathy (also without thoughts), sounds, nonverbal signs, so communication was totally situational and not language-based. There was no language and no thoughts. And once upon a time there was creation of Adam (human-being v2.0) and Adam differed because he had language/thought and he spread it across unconscious blissful humans. Once humans received language their lives turned into suffering, they started to feel cold, hot etc. Theology says that language/thought is instrument of thinking (and not of communication), which was given to Adam by God so humans can use language to live accordingly to God's providential plan/idea (Logos). However, throughout time language became used for communication and the whole point of language is lost because thinking is opposite of communication. Internal dialogue within one's mind is still a communication and not thinking. Actual thinking occurs without dialogue as far as I understand. Also in theology, in apocalypse day human-beings will forget language and will forget that they ever knew any language, so world will be perceived as totally chaotic field of undefinable objects and this will induce sense of horror.

I actually had this experience once, having deconstruction session I realised that language is not real, and after a while of this realisation I couldn't speak and think, I was speechless and had sense of horror and shock for several hours, I looked at my room and it was not a room anymore but bunch of meaningless objects, I looked at my hand and it was not a hand but something which I had no idea and no thought of what it is. U can't think without language. I had cold shower and hot shower but experienced no difference between them, discomfort couldn't enter mind and stayed somewhere in the body.

Therefore, the actual matrix is not an ego, not rules, not sense of lack, but language. Others are secondary. In the movie the Matrix, this was greatly articulated - bunch of numbers and letters symbolised matrix. So language is the matrix, when person is an infant baby he receives the matrix with his mother's speech. If baby does not hear language he is out of matrix. Once he is absorbed by language completely, he is stuck in the matrix, once he is stuck - language is eating his inner time, matrix steals your time coz without thought/language there is no psychological time.

Therefore, thought/language has created matrix, hence sufferings, but also thought/language is instrument of breaking out of the physical world into divine world according to God's providential logos. So matrix = culture = inevitable drawback of leading unconscious nature into consciousness.

I've noticed that these days many lil kids are very late in learning how to speak comparing to previous generations, today many can't speak even being 6 years old. I guess it means that humans become more resistant to matrix/culture, in other words they have more time to develop some consciousness before they are enslaved. I guess it is the sign of progress coz it will be easier for them to break through the matrix.

Don't use language too much my friend, you are lost in concepts and stories, you are lost in the trap that you created, plus you belive the shit that you are talking, if you want to understand something don't talk and listen, go educate yourself for ten years about language and then try to give out your theory to someone who is asking. Thank you 

@tsukia Knife cannot cut itself, fire can't burn itself, if you wanna know thought stop thinking about thought 

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

What is thought?

isn't this the kind of question that you need to discover by yourself?

It's the subconscious flow of energy, that arose from your heart as emotions to take form as a thought. Here is a question that I can't answer: Is everything I just wrote down just a thought?

Anyone have some ideas on this?

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

It's funny how in a year from now I'll probably be in such a state of love, and see how innocent I was in asking this. I really only want to give advice on this forum from that place, the higher self. So I'm probably better off working on my heart than being here, it's hard to let the need to share knowledge go, one of my last addictions aside from thought itself.

It's all a balance. I'm committed to love wholeheartedly, forever and ever. Nothing can stop me :)

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

3 hours ago, tsuki said:

What is thought?

@tsuki The mother of Maya.

What makes a thought more special than a stone? The question would be as good if you asked "What is a stone?" 

We don't know really but we can find out where it comes from ??❤️

Alex, I'll take "whatever that can be said is wrong" for $2000, please!

Formation of a concept... o.O               200w.gif

a thing

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

one could say thought = ego = mind = time

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

451CE7D3-FF72-4D3C-B010-9E625B721197.gif

3 hours ago, who chit said:

h2F8061B6

2 hours ago, who chit said:

Formation of a concept... o.O               200w.gif

Omg!!! You guys are killing me ??? 

I love it!

Thoughts are subtle objects having 2 distinct parts.

1) The actual 'feel/existence' of a thought. Either a sight or a sound. Just a neutral object only existing/being.

2) The story/meaning aspect of that thought. The part which only points towards another groundless meaning, which points towards another groundless meaning...ad infinitum. This part can be the mother of all delusion/maya

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

It’s a categorization, an interpretation, and a sense of meaning of something you’re trying to understand.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates