Applejuice

Anyone here tried to hold in their breath until they fall unconcious?

12 posts in this topic

So I have a fear of death of not breathing for extended periods of time, but I rationally know that I cannot die from holding my breath because my body will take over and start breathing for me. I want to try this just to see what happens. Anyone done it? 

I've tried it a few times but bail everytime. Closest I've got to being dangerously low on breathe is due to being underwater.

Why would you do that? If you wanna face your fear of death go play with a poison snake or something xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Applejuice @Nathan You guys really are idiots, I don't know why no one is doing you the favor of telling you this.

Then again, natural selection, hmmm....

Grace

17 hours ago, Applejuice said:

Anyone done it? 

@Applejuice I don't do it as a game just to scare myself. No I have sleep apnea. It's the real deal. If I think about it too much before I sleep i have a hard time falling asleep just thinking about it happening. It started when I was about 40 and has only gotten worse over time. I wake up suddenly in the middle of the night gasping for air and only than do I realize that I had stopped breathing during deep sleep. For how long I wasn't breathing I have no idea. Sometimes it even causes me to have dreams that I am suffocating because, well I really am. I do have that awful cpap machine with the air pump/hoses and mask that forces air down the throat. But having that thing over my face at night makes me feel claustrophobic and also makes my ears 'pop' like when flying in a jet liner. Also I have to lay flat on my back in a corpse position and not move all night. I just can't sleep that way. The bottom line here, I hope you never develop the real thing or else it could become a reality and not just a mind game to play on yourself.

3 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Applejuice I don't do it as a game just to scare myself. No I have sleep apnea. It's the real deal. If I think about it too much before I sleep i have a hard time falling asleep just thinking about it happening. It started when I was about 40 and has only gotten worse over time. I wake up suddenly in the middle of the night gasping for air and only than do I realize that I had stopped breathing during deep sleep. For how long I wasn't breathing I have no idea. Sometimes it even causes me to have dreams that I am suffocating because, well I really am. I do have that awful cpap machine with the air pump/hoses and mask that forces air down the throat. But having that thing over my face at night makes me feel claustrophobic and also makes my ears 'pop' like when flying in a jet liner. Also I have to lay flat on my back in a corpse position and not move all night. I just can't sleep that way. The bottom line here, I hope you never develop the real thing or else it could become a reality and not just a mind game to play on yourself.

I’m sorry my friend?

You hold IT. You lose IT.

(''IT'' being the unspeakable).

It is a very efficient method to go in the lower mind / survival mode stress, mind bending overthinking gate to paranoia. 

I did it unconsciously in high school. Held my hands on the throat and had no idea what i was doing. I just passed out randomly lol but i woke up after 10 sec quickly

5 hours ago, MarinM said:

I did it unconsciously in high school. Held my hands on the throat and had no idea what i was doing. I just passed out randomly lol but i woke up after 10 sec quickly

thats lack of blood i think

17 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

really effective

lmao

Just now, Mikael89 said:

What? Hehe. Why do you think it's so funny? :)

lol, its like we're discussing whats the most effective way to kill yourself, its kinda funny, i dunno