kadsuy

Tattoo in Sanskrit

5 posts in this topic

Hello dear forum members,

I am working on designing a tattoo at the moment and I would like to include the statement of "be aware of this very moment" or "be present" within its framework.

Does anyone in the forum know how "be aware of this very moment" or "be present" is written in Sanskrit?

Your help is appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by kadsuy

@kadsuy

Not so sure of translation for the entire phrase that you asked, but below are some ideas which can help you find the correct words for your tattoo design.

present (time) literally translates to वर्तमान = varthamana in sanskrit. But its a very plain word such as using word "now" or "existing". You can search for synonyms further.

Being present roughly translates to a word सहस्थ  pronounced as "sa-ha-stha" in sanskrit. Please note that sanskrit words can have more than one meaning. It can also mean being together.

I read sanskrit in school, sorry I'm not really qualified to give an answer. I tried to reply something Just out of curiosity.

Please keep us posted on how your design turns out at the end. All the best :) I will let you know if I find any more ideas on this.

1 hour ago, Pauleena said:

@kadsuy

Not so sure of translation for the entire phrase that you asked, but below are some ideas which can help you find the correct words for your tattoo design.

present (time) literally translates to वर्तमान = varthamana in sanskrit. But its a very plain word such as using word "now" or "existing". You can search for synonyms further.

Being present roughly translates to a word सहस्थ  pronounced as "sa-ha-stha" in sanskrit. Please note that sanskrit words can have more than one meaning. It can also mean being together.

I read sanskrit in school, sorry I'm not really qualified to give an answer. I tried to reply something Just out of curiosity.

Please keep us posted on how your design turns out at the end. All the best :) I will let you know if I find any more ideas on this.

Thank you very much for your comments Pauleena.

"sa-ha-stha" is actually closer to the meaning that I am looking for. I may use that.

Also, after some search I found the answers below but I am no so sure about their accuracy.

1- astu (अस्तु) which just says exist. Existence is always in the present moment. what is future is non-existence and what is past is already dead. 

2- Asmin kshanE bhava- Be in this moment.

अस्मिन् क्षणे भव।

3- VartamAnE bhava- Be in the present.

वर्तमाने भव।

I will share the design once I decide on one of those :)

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Shroomdoctor said:

@kadsuy Are you doing the art yourself? :)

No, I am working with a tattoo artist. :)