Emne

The most effective meditation technique

31 posts in this topic

Which meditation technique is the most effective?

That is something you will only be able to find out through trial and error, remember to mindful throughout the different techniques!

Its like asking "whats the best way to work out". It depends on what you want to achieve by working out. 

If you look into meditation research you will find that that different methods affects different brainregions, and thereby produce different mental changes 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

@Emne  

If you’re just starting, I’d do 30 minutes of breathe focus / letting thoughts pass, into 15 minutes of self inquiry, every morning, and 30 minutes in the afternoon. There’s no one size fits all though, as we’re all a unique one of a kind. To get the most efficiency out of it, consider the relativity to sleep and diet as well. No one part is in unrelative to the others. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The most effective technique is "Do nothing"  meditation. 

Also: Being aware of breath, being aware of being aware, being aware of the energy field of the body, being aware of gaps between ? thoughts. 

Spiritual working out. Do nothing is equivalent to doing a plank (best workout for body).

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

32 minutes ago, Dodo said:

The most effective technique is "Do nothing"  meditation. 

Also: Being aware of breath, being aware of being aware, being aware of the energy field of the body, being aware of gaps between ? thoughts. 

Spiritual working out. Do nothing is equivalent to doing a plank (best workout for body).

Not a technique at all. 

Yeah as long as it is choicless it qualifies as do nothing. Which implies no movement of thought what so ever. 

No motive/will/effort. 

The question is how do you know if those movements are not taking place. 

Edited by Faceless

6 hours ago, Emne said:

Which meditation technique is the most effective?

the one that makes sense to you

unborn Truth

There is no technique.

One puts all the attention on breath and depending on his/hers blockages, will learn from the breath the accordingly each step of the awakening process. 

4 minutes ago, Quanty said:

There is no technique.

One puts all the attention on breath and depending on his/hers blockages, will learn from the breath the accordingly each step of the awakening process. 

Isn’t that a technique ?

17 hours ago, Faceless said:

Not a technique at all. 

Yeah as long as it is choicless it qualifies as do nothing. Which implies no movement of thought what so ever. 

No motive/will/effort. 

The question is how do you know if those movements are not taking place. 

Let's not complicate simple things

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Let's not complicate simple things

Well :)

It does make a dramatic difference doesn’t it?

@Dodo

how do we know we are not doing nothing? 

I agree do nothing is essential. Although if we are not able to identify a doing we may fail to actually be choicless. 

If you persist in trying to attain what is never attained (It is Tao's gift), if you persist in making effort to obtain what effort cannot get, if you persist in reasoning about what cannot be understood, you will be destroyed by the very thing you seek. To know when to stop, to know when you can get no further by your own action, this is the right beginning!

Zhuangzi

Edited by Faceless

4 hours ago, Faceless said:

@Dodo

how do we know we are not doing nothing? 

I agree do nothing is essential. Although if we are not able to identify a doing we may fail to actually be choicless. 

If you persist in trying to attain what is never attained (It is Tao's gift), if you persist in making effort to obtain what effort cannot get, if you persist in reasoning about what cannot be understood, you will be destroyed by the very thing you seek. To know when to stop, to know when you can get no further by your own action, this is the right beginning!

Zhuangzi

When doing "do nothing" meditation, it doesn't matter what happens. 

If you start thinking, why try stop it? If you start making choices, why stop it? Stopping those things would be an action. If you're doing those things without actually doing them, then you're doing nothing. They're just appearances in awareness. What have you ever done? You just watch. 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

8 minutes ago, Dodo said:

When doing "do nothing" meditation, it doesn't matter what happens. 

Ah but it does. If ‘you’ are “doing something”  that means your not actully doing nothing. 

Haha 

The question is is one aware of all movement of thought. 

If you start thinking, why try stop it? If you start making choices, why stop it? Stopping those things would be an action. If you're doing those things without actually doing them, then you're doing nothing. They're just appearances in awareness. What have you ever done? You just watch. 

The doing goes much deeper than the above. Do you see that? 

Edited by Faceless

7 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Ah but it does. If ‘you’ are “doing something”  that means your not actully doing nothing. 

Haha 

The question is is one aware of all movement of thought. 

The doing goes much deeper than the above. Do you see that? 

If it is happening, but I am not doing it, then I am doing nothing :D 

The very impulse to try to stop it is where the Ego comes in. That is, being associated with the "doer" and think... Well I shouldn't be doing this right now... So I should stop... When if you see you're not doing it in the first place, that there is not even a you to stop it... Then you realize you're the absolute master of do-nothing.

You just can't do anything for the simple reason:   You are not the doer, your identity as the doer is the dream, you are beyond the dream and you've never done anything.

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

10 minutes ago, Dodo said:

If it is happening, but I am not doing it, then I am doing nothing :D 

The very impulse to try to stop it is where the Ego comes in. That is, being associated with the "doer" and think... Well I shouldn't be doing this right now... So I should stop... When if you see you're not doing it in the first place, that there is not even a you to stop it... Then you realize you're the absolute master of do-nothing.

You just can't do anything for the simple reason:   You are not the doer, your identity as the doer is the dream, you are beyond the dream and you've never done anything.

Hehe

I understand.

Do you know what I mean by the deeper movement of “doing” ??

Just want to make sure we are on the same page:)

Why do people get involved with “do nothing method” ??

Edited by Faceless

12 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Hehe

I understand.

Do you know what I mean by the deeper movement of “doing” ??

Just want to make sure we are on the same page:)

Why do people get involved with “do nothing method” ??

A person can't do nothing, only when you identify as awareness and not as person you realize you're always doing do-nothing. Hehehe

Deeper movement of doing? I would guess this is the feeling of "I am doing this" ?  I don't know. The dream is a dream of doing. 

The "practice of do-nothing" is sitting out and challenging that identity by natural noticing, not actually stopping processes. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

20 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Until time “the doer” ends actually you are not beyond the dream. You are the dream telling itself that you are not the dream. This is how the subtle non proprioceptive nature of thought functions....It will attribute to itself an independent existence. This is the center “the self” created by thought, attributing to itself as being separate from the movement of thought. Do you see what Im getting at. 

A person can't do nothing, only when you identify as awareness and not as person you realize you're always doing do-nothing

That is a movement of thought. A doing. That is a movement of the doer through “the knower/knowledge” and volition/will 

This is doing something/action on the part of the center. 

This is very tricky. But once this is seen in its totality only then has time ceased and therefore non doing/non action. 

Edited by Faceless

This is why understanding the conditioned mind is a necessity and absolutely fundamental.