BobbyLowell

Converstion skills?

7 posts in this topic

how do i become an AMAZING conversationalist tips? also i want to not judge others for worse conversational skills when i have these, so any advice on that would be appreciated!! thank you!

I am told constantly that I am a social butterfly, but I personally don't know if I'd agree lol.

But I guess what I do is just get people to talk about themselves. Once they mention something I am able to expand on, I just go with that and it leads us deeper and deeper into conversation. 

Just keep it simple. Not everyone you meet is gonna get deep with you. But if you keep it simple and start from the basics, I don't see why you can't "fake it till you make it" ;) 

@BobbyLowell Here is one way I like to spice conversions up.

Start by don't seeing conversations as exchange of information.  Some are of course, but if you're trying to enjoy yourself or meet new people, emotion is the way to go. By realizing which questions are serious and which are not you can change your response based upon it, by unserious I mean if it's intended as small talk. If it's a unserious feel free to make a joke out of it, or answer ironically, that creates a playful vibe.

Example: Someone asks you what you do for a living and you sense that they are simply making small talk, you can in a flirtatious and jokingly manner tell them you're a astronaut(bonus points if you tell a ridiculous story). This creates emotional tension, if you ask them back they'll probably not tell you the honest answer, and so the games begin. Being flirtatious is fun regardless if you attracted to the other person, but try to make it clear that you're not seriously flirting. Don't overdo this, it will make people unable to trust you. 

@BobbyLowell  Become a teacher. You will be amazed how different people percive the very same message.

Also, you will be quite good at sizing up peoples mentalcapabilities.

It is also a gggggRRReaat opertunity to excercise selfrestraint. It is illegal to do bodily harm to people.