B_Naz

Is Meditation Egoistic

28 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, B_Naz said:

We need to stay clear minded, be aware of ourselves, and become one with the Truth

Sounds a lot like meditation. 

1 hour ago, veqsms said:

B_naz.  THe best quote I ever seen is " I know only one thing, that I don't know anything" Socratis

I really do not understand what the hell is this world nor wher did I come from or where I am going to be after death. These questions really scary me. Poor me haha o.O

They all have the same one answer, so you got that goin for ya.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@B_Naz if "me" is what comes to the mind during meditation, it just means that there's still illusion.

I've learned an important lesson. Because I've just noticed how easily the practice can be manipulated to benefit the "me". If it benefits the "me", then it's the illusion, just like you said.

You're not human, you're the universe

1 minute ago, B_Naz said:

I've learned an important lesson. Because I've just noticed how easily the practice can be manipulated to benefit the "me". If it benefits the "me", then it's the illusion, just like you said.

sit down and realize that there's nothing to do. there's nothing to improve and nobody to be healed.

contentment is the key.

unborn Truth

39 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

contentment is the key.

?But first there is contentment with discontentment

not escaping discontentment is key ?

@B_Naz Is sleep egoistic because you feel tired?

Is eating egoistic because you feel hungry?

That's it, you're right. In my pursuit of no-ego, I will no longer sleep, eat or meditate. That would be selfish. ^_^^_^

17 minutes ago, Staples said:

@B_Naz Is sleep egoistic because you feel tired?

Is eating egoistic because you feel hungry?

That's it, you're right. In my pursuit of no-ego, I will no longer sleep, eat or meditate. That would be selfish. ^_^^_^

Haha, it does seem a bit silly when you phase it like that but it's something to think about. I, by all means, do not want to stop meditating or any personal work. But the reason is so I can be, and not to benefit or expect a return :P. It's what I learned from this post, to be even more aware of manipulation 

Edited by B_Naz
Extra info

You're not human, you're the universe

On 5/9/2018 at 1:12 AM, Preetom said:

The whole ultimate point of meditation (if used for Truth seeking/Enlightenment, not for relaxation or lifestyle choice etc) is to go deeper and deeper and actually inquire and banish the shit out of the fictional story that you are repeating called 'me me me'. Then the true self will reveal itself.

So yeah..in this sense meditation is THE MOST SELFISH and EGOTISTICAL action you can undertake because you are solely observing and unraveling the very self (ego) around which every moment of your life revolves and you are focusing on nothing else. And yet paradoxically true meditation is not regarded as an action in the first place.

Yes but it is very difficult as when practicing you are constantly aware of the ego wrapping more stories around meditation like "I'm meditating now, getting my shit together." So there still is this egoic presence. One thing that i feel that is helping me with this is understanding the difference between "belief" and "faith" which Allan Watts so eloquently pointed out that belief is the act of holding on to your assertions and views where are faith is the act of letting go. Until i read that i had kind of lumped belief and faith in the same category where now they are polar opposites reactions to life. 

So at this point i gather I am finding more and more value in denouncing a lot of my past crutches that was an act of "holding onto" whilst continuously practicing letting go of the vices and reactions that has made up my life. 

Helping me on this path is understanding that regardless of what we do, we are a result of conditioning which happens through reactive repetition, and that we must cultivate a new set of conditions for us to be present with. It's all circular and I'm guessing this is where Karma comes into the picture. 

Understanding the levels to just how undeniably dependant you are of your conditioning and vice versa gives me a better understanding of the nature of being which i am then able to apply a more nuanced approach to changing the things that cause me suffering. As i understand exactly how dependant we are on the world of concepts and that the symbology that we use to translate real world things will always fall short as we are applying a permanent idea onto a constantly changing reality. Never mind that people use "demons" and "angels" OR "thoughts" and "emotions" to describe the very same process of existence. It helps to see language as a glass prism where reality shines into and then gets reflected and altered depending on the language used. So the end result is caused by reality but takes on a different form that we become accustomed to. 
This shows just how utterly dependant we have become on language to define our realities. Becoming aware of this can help.

And then there is letting go of it all. Seeing as I am bound by the structures of belief i have chosen in the past understanding the process of being helps, to a point. You still need to let go

That's kind of how i look at it, and in doing so you learn a lot about yourself, the ego's attachment to things such as pride plays such a huge part in me keeping my cool or not. There is work to do. But what gets me the most is the illusion that there is someone behind the emotion feeling it.

I will feel anger but then I will think of me thinking about anger. Then I will think about me thinking about thinking about anger and how i should stop thinking which is again another thought. Never once am i able to find the "self" that this whole charade is built upon. Even right now this post is becoming increasingly paradoxical as i begin to question what are the intentions that i assume this "self" has? If it's just another thought of another thought from another thought then this helps you to think another thought. But then again at the end there is the act of letting go of it all and how long can this last this time? Oops another thought. Fuck.

Rinse and repeat

Edited by MisterMan

The self is false, thus the ego is false. There is only existence. There is no one being existence, existence simply is. Identification arises, ''I am existence, I am, etc'', but all of it is false. Identity is itself false.