Xin

Your Morning Rituals

23 posts in this topic

Obviously morning rituals are important for any person seeking success. Im just wondering what your morning rituals look like

mine goes like this :

- Wake up to sleep cycle app

-chug down a load of water whilst reviewing my goals

-brush my teeth & wash my face whilst listening to music as it gets me pumped up

-visualise goals for 5 minutes

-meditation for 20 minutes 

-then i have a healthy breakfast (usually a smoothie or oats with fruit)

-then i read for 30+ minutes (at the moment I'm re-reading the 7 habits of highly effective people)

- if i have time ill do some revision and on weekends I visualise for longer 

share your morning rituals and ideas below :D

wake up same time every day

all the basic stuff like eating etc.

begin and end work same time every day (early in the morning 5 am so it's easier to concentrate)

drink 1 cop of coffee to begin work to tell the brain its time to focus

a shutdown complet ritual to say that you are done with work and can relax afterwards 

Sounds more routine, but with ritualistic elements (visualisation, meditation, music (depends)). Ritual would be like saying a morning prayer, performing a blood sacrifice, flashdance etc

lol. Cold water on my face, chocolate almond milk latte / do nothing 30 mins, earbuds, run 5 miles, weights, meditate, send texts and emails while running, update manifestations on chalk paint walls, go for a walk, write. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@sarapr Yeah. I get a lot of stuff done via the ipad while running and working out. Then I meditate, write some stuff on the walls. Then the walk is nice before doing some writing. 

(I’m running on an elliptical, with an ipad and laptop in front of me)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm oh that explains it. I kept going through all the scenarios of how you could possibly use your iPad while running when all your body is going up and down :D 

1. I wake up at 8 a.m. every day.

2. I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, wash my face, brush my hair.

3. I go to the weight scale (after going to the toilet of course). I take my weight and waist measurement (and I do a weekly average) to track my cutting progress.

3. I make a cup of coffee (with some milk, cocoa, vanilla extract and cinnamon) and I also drink a cup of sparkling water (I also take vitamins if I hadn't been eating that manny veggies that week).

4. I intermittent fast until about 12 p.m. I use only the caffeine from the coffee and sparkling water stave off my hunger and push my first meal later into the day.

5. I sit on the sofa and do a 10 minute mindfulness meditation.

6. I do my brain training (how I do it is confidential though) :P

-

That's about it. Might seem complicated but it's really not once it's on auto-pilot.

I might not be able to check all the items every single day. Of course, life happens. But as they say, consistency beats perfection. That's what I strive for.

Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Every day is different for me hahaha, but don't forget to shake and stretch and use a yoga ball to do a bridge at least ;) 

@Xin

My morning ritual is pretty long right now. I don't think everyone needs to do what I'm doing, but since I've committed to being a teacher of this work I want to really understand it. So here it is:

1) I take a quick trip to the beach with my yoga mat. Dip in the ocean, and then do some yoga in the morning sun. Stole this from Russell Simmons.

2) Come home and meditate for an hour

3) I do what Tony Robbin's calls priming. It's basically a set of visualizations and breathing techniques used to put you in a high vibration state and set your subconscious mind on your goals. Just YouTube "Tony Robbins priming" to see what I'm talking about.

4) I'm now about 3 hours in. Now I'll finally eat something, usually just some raw vegetables. 

Obviously I don't do this verbatim every single day. But I definitely do some version of this on an average day. I always want to end with the priming because I feel like that's what puts me in a high vibration state the most.

Attend to singing birds to the point where my head falls off.

There is a listening, seeing, and non being. There is only THE HAPPENING.

Other than that i fear consistency:)

Edited by Faceless

Now,.

every morning 

i am practicing yoga in my app .. yoga of Sadhguru...Before i only do smbhavi mahamudra.after waking up.. .

Then others are random

Sit do nothing, learning (read books, watch videos, now I am active to what sadhguru is saying, I am updating..) then do nothing meditation, concentration meditation.. and the lasting I will do is positive affirmation.. 1. I am successful and 2. I am a millionaire.. that's it.. of course I do chat any person I want to talk to.. there it is..sometimes i use tinder HAHAHAHAHAH..  all practices is consistently practiced 

Edited by John Iverson

I have a confession to make. I have a bad habit of watching TV until 3 am nearly every day while drinking green tea or ginger tea and eating cookies and chocolate. Therefore, I usually wake up at 10 am the earliest.

1. I wake up and drink as much water as my full stomach can bear.

2. I brush my teeth.

3. I remove my pyjamas and only leave my boxers on.

4. I do surya namastar (sun salutation) at least once for my right and left body to awaken my concentration and body.

If I have energy and I am not in a rush to university,

I do a utkatasana (chair pose) sequence, trikonasana (triangle pose) / natarajasana (dancer pose) and/or a bunch of chaturanga poses. Usually my morning yoga is from 20 minutes to an hour.

5. I wipe my sweat and leave for university. If I have a day off, I do my 30-minute morning meditation.

6. If I have a day off, I eat breakfast after my meditation session.

7. Doing something I reckon as productive.

thanks to all for submitting your morning rituals B|B|

• get up and make some green tea
  • drinking two cups of green tea whilst reading, studying or browsing on the forum
  • Kriya Yoga
  • 30 min of Hatha Yoga 
  • having my super yummy oats with fruits and nuts
  • 30 min of meditation

I love it, but it takes so much time.. I don't know for how long I will be able to keep that up in future when I'm done with uni and will be thrown into work schedule..:/

whatever arises, love that

On 5/8/2018 at 1:15 AM, sarapr said:

@aurum when do you wake up?

I don't have a set time, really just depends what I have going on that day. Usually somewhere between 8AM - 10AM

1. Wake up early (optimally 5 am, im usually failing on that)
  2. Roll up my floor bed, brush teeth, splash face with cold water.
  3. Drink loads of water
  4. Sit down and do concentration (5 mins)
  5. Proceed to do meditate (40 mins)
  6. Visualization (10 mins)
  7. Go out and jog while listening to Leo's audio files
  8. Come home and take a cold shower
  9. Eat breakfast (100% banana smoothie).

14 hours ago, Igor82 said:

Eat breakfast (100% banana smoothie).

100% banana? Not too much sugar? Consider more veggies

You are addicted to alcohol? Yhym... Try quitting coffee.