Karin12414

Ready to be ME

8 posts in this topic

It's been only two weeks since I first posted about my family on here.

You all gave me support and advise on the subject, and I was able to build up the courage to tell my brother to basically fuck off. For that I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. He hast been messaging me or coming over to the house, so, so far so good.

I had a really tough time letting go of the shit he felt necessary to add to our talk. He said things like "it's not like anyone else will want you" and "if you change your mind, come find me". He makes me so sick... But I have been trying to take some time and meditate on the things you all told me.

I feel like I'm in a much better place now. I spent a few days alone in my room, completely unplugged from everyone, just repeating to myself that "I am not who he says I am. I didn't do anything to cause this situation, but I did something to stop it."

I don't want to be defined by him anymore... I want to be ME. I realized I can't control what he does or says, but I can control how it effects me. And I don't want it to effect me anymore!

Thank you for your help. I want to be a better me, I know if I just stick with it, put forth my best efforts, and trust myself, I can do it.

Thank you!

awesome. step 1 done. whats step 2 and how do you get there?

@Karin12414 Congratulations! It takes a lot of guts to stand up for yourself, and a lot of strength to push past the pain and allow yourself to be YOU. Keep fighting girl! You can do it!

@d0ornokey I'm not quite sure what the exact next step is. I just want to focus on myself for a bit. I want to work on getting a job and moving out so that I can become more independent. 

I'm done feeling like I'm weak and helpless. I want to be useful now.

@phoenix666 @zoey101 Thank you :) I honestly feel like I wouldn't have found the strength to do any of this, if I didn't find this site.