Nahm

Have You Worked On Your “Alone”?

31 posts in this topic

With so much forum coverage of finding social harmony, routes to success in life, practices (and ‘non practice’ paths) alignment with being, realizations, detaching from thought, etc, I  wanted to mention something that I don’t see mentioned much...

The idea of ‘working on your alone’. This is the main staple, or most fundamental back bone imo, the bottom line to all consciousness work, to all self actualization.

Maybe a way to frame it up, might be “What is the quality of your Alone”?

There is so much in life to get our time and attention; the “rat race”, development, financial security, relationships, obligations - just “real life” stuff.

But have you realized you’ve always been One? Have you dove into the obviousness that you are indeed, alone in this thing? 

Get away, be alone. It truly is curative, and consciousness wise - it’s expansive. It’s a Joy-mine, and it’s bottomless.

In loa terms, there is a point where one becomes magnetic, through the simplicity of wholeness, with nothing more than the joy found in being alone. Resistant thoughts fall away, clarity & mindfulness arise. 

(And watch out for the trap of the thought of getting away and being alone for a while)

So take a trip, and maybe even a trip within that trip...and please consider writing a Trip Report for the alone, alone.

Nonduality & Meditations          Have You Worked On Your Alone?

Empty your head, fill your heart.            

@Nahm  Not always, I mean You need to be alone sometimes but not all the time ...

This goes to the heart of everything 

I am a deluded fool                                                               I want women, gold, fame

I am                                                                                          I want    

I                                                                                                 I

@Star Net Yes, I agree. On the people level, I’m not suggesting isolation. I’m pointing to the inner truth, that each of us are alone in this. My intention is to inspire more discovery of this, of the Joy within, and then perhaps paradoxically seeing things we’ve been missing in other people, in our relationships. The peace in nonduality.

@Nahm

indeed

For me I was totally alone in nature when time as I knew ended. Observing nature in relation to myself was my portal to nothingness. 

Being alone is a necessity. For me my spending extended periods of time in nature alone allowed for timelessness to manifest. 

Some people relate being alone or seclusion to feeling empty. Once this fades there is actually the opposite effect...instead of feeling empty One actually feels full. You see that emptiness is fullness and fullness is emptiness. 

Thats one thing I have noticed:)

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Faceless ❤️❣️🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Amen brother. Loneliness could not be farther from being Alone. Emptiness could not be farther from empty. 

🙏🏿

I crave being alone, literally crave it. To sit in nature alone is the only place I feel truly 'home' ♥️

I ended up completely alone, broke up with my gf about a couple of weeks ago, no friends, cut ties with family, so it's all just me in this house surrounded by beautiful nature. I'm having to process and deal with a lot of negative emotions and I realized this is what I've been distracting myself from most of my life. Besides these emotions my body also feels stiff and it feels like there are tension knots/pain spots at places around my neck and back and my diaphragm feels really tight and constricted, I'm pretty sure they are related to energy not flowing properly and emotional blockages, I'm gonna test out this massage/reiki therapy in a few days.

Anyway, to me this time alone is probably the most difficult time I've ever had to endure, but I think this is exactly what I need. Listening to Leo's videos on emotional mastery and audio books helps a lot.

Wombed - From the immaculate divine fountain of the womb, this creature is reborn. From the womb font a celestial child emerges anew.

@Nahm This topic came just in the right time,

I was thinking about isolating Myself from everything ( Literally everything except books ) and everyone for a month and staying in one place for 99% of the time if not 100% with dry fasting loop of 2 days fasting 1 day without fast then the loop run again.

and by the way during that period I am not going to go to gym there will be just light excersices in the room.

Is it helpful or harmful ?

Any recommendations ?, Anyone did some thing like that before  for the same amount of time ?, If You did What was the results ?

@Vladimir @Charlotte @Faceless @Preetom @moon777light

Thanks everyone ...

Edited by Star Net

@Nahm  Thanks for responding

What do You meant by the trip in the middle ?

What were the benefits of something similar to what I am thinking about doing can You Count them please ? I mean helpful on which fields exactly ?

@Star Net 🍄

Not sure what you mean by ‘fields’

But, my retreats were helpful (on top of a daily foundation of practices) in the sense I got to realize, by directly experiencing, first hand, that I am the infinite Being, and this Nahm stint is an illusion, and the point is just to have fun. Very similar to watching Anchorman, while having one of those cheese & crackers, the one with the little red stick in it, to put the cheese on. 

@Nahm What I meant by fields is does it help Health, sex, Psychology or creating business plans .....etc ?

You explained that You saw benefits on the mindsets and understanding Level ( Field ), But what about the other levels ( Fields ) ?

By the way from Now on I am going to call You ( Mr. illusion ) by the way it can be a good nickname :)

I have spent a lot of time outdoors. Most my life has been spent outdoors and for the most part all alone. I think it’s very valuable to spend time by oneself. I didn’t have books or anything like that. I only would self reflect and explore the relationship between myself and nature. What the differences were at the time and what kind of similarities there were. 

For me self reflection and reflecting on nature was responsible for the ending of psychological time. In that came the creativity of timelessness. 

Edited by Faceless

I'm definitely one of those people who hates to be alone lol

But I have been reading up on a lot of things you guys have shared with me, and I noticed the other day when my husband took my daughter to his parents house, I was home alone for about 2 hours and just spent the whole time cleaning in silence. I recall thinking about a lot of different things, but as time went on, I stopped thinking about anything and just started noticing little things, like how good the air felt in the apartment, and how calm everything felt. 

When I was all done cleaning I felt so weird (sorry, best way I can describe it). I wasn't stressed about anything, I wasn't even thinking about anything really. I think I actually felt content for a while there. It was nice :) 

On 5/6/2018 at 10:58 PM, Nahm said:

With so much forum coverage of finding social harmony, routes to success in life, practices (and ‘non practice’ paths) alignment with being, realizations, detaching from thought, etc, I  wanted to mention something that I don’t see mentioned much...

The idea of ‘working on your alone’. This is the main staple, or most fundamental back bone imo, the bottom line to all consciousness work, to all self actualization.

Maybe a way to frame it up, might be “What is the quality of your Alone”?

There is so much in life to get our time and attention; the “rat race”, development, financial security, relationships, obligations - just “real life” stuff.

But have you realized you’ve always been One? Have you dove into the obviousness that you are indeed, alone in this thing? 

Get away, be alone. It truly is curative, and consciousness wise - it’s expansive. It’s a Joy-mine, and it’s bottomless.

In loa terms, there is a point where one becomes magnetic, through the simplicity of wholeness, with nothing more than the joy found in being alone. Resistant thoughts fall away, clarity & mindfulness arise. 

I'm working out, being alone.. :D Thanks for the reminder