Charlotte

Tell me your tips on studying ?

44 posts in this topic

there is also a theory about learning with the material and in the surrounding  you have to perform in. could also be a scent. if you think of it as a space you open inside of you. the trick though is to have the scent with you while performing.

Edited by now is forever

I like to listen to audio rather than reading.  So, audiobooks, YouTube , audio courses, etc. are best for me.  I still read, but not nearly as much as I used to.  I listen to a lot of audio instead.  I listen to a lot of my own freewriting materials, which were recorded on cassette tapes.  I listen to a lot of YouTube and read a lot of Wikipedia and other Internet sources.  But I've already paid my dues reading so much in my 20's and 30's.  I have Audible with a ton of audiobooks on it, but I don't even use that right now because it's kinda at cross-purposes to my Life Purpose.  I actually created and developed my own Course of Study that I'm executing on a little bit everyday.  I talk about creating and developing your own Course of Study in my Journal Vol. 3.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The quickest way I have learned to learn:

F - Focus (25 minutes at a time with NO distractions).

A - Ask yourself questions to see if you can answer them (do this over and over like homework or quizzes).

R - Recall (after reading a page or learning new material, look away and see what you can recall. This helps form the memory).

T - Teach (teach others or pretend to if you don't have someone to teach. This will help cement the knowledge you have and will expose any knowledge gaps).

Trying to focus for hours on end has been proven to be ineffective. The brain must be focused, attentive, in a decent mood, and free from distractions.

I have been doing this method of learning for a while now, which I combined from a few sources, and it's made a huge difference with my retention and interest. Good luck!

@now is forever my sister in law said exactly the same thing to me just the other day. 

@Joseph Maynor Awesome man! Whatever works for you :) keep up the good work ?

@katykat Thank you! I can see how this can be very effective. What I have noticed over the past few months or so is my mind is one lazy little sob when it comes to reading and learning.