Charlotte

Tell me your tips on studying ?

44 posts in this topic

Studying doesn't have to be hard. It’s true: not all methods work for every person, but, with a little bit of trial-and-error, you can find the methods that work for you and stick with them like your life depends on it. Or, at least, like your grades do.

Here is my 5 study tips:

• Control your focus.
  • Download study apps.
  • Eat.
  • Search online.

And the last one if I didn't meet an essay deadline I use https://www.collegepaperworld.com/ service.

Hope these hacks help you.

Edited by Greys0n

@Charlotte After I'm done reading anything, and I want to make sure that I've understood and remembered it, I'll talk out loud to myself to test my knowledge and understanding. For me this is a very efficient way of learning, and I've been doing this because I'm right in the middle of a massive set of exams. 

I only study math and science subjects (last year of high school right now), so much of what I have to learn is conceptual. If I'm ever in the position where I just have to "memorize facts", I always try to find a way to tie down these facts to some sort of underlying visual concept or to some sort of underlying logic. This gives me the motivation to study things. I think I'm mildly dyslexic, but I have still found ways to slog through 70 pages in a textbook to do last minute revision the day before a big exam.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

• I like to take notes in oneNote, make em all nice and organized.
  • I have java program that spits out random questions I make in advance. 

study what you enjoy and challenge yourself.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya what if you have to study something you absolutely detest but it's compulsory?

As long as your out of high school you are free to study anything, only fear of looking silly or different holds us back :) 

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

48 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@ajasatya what if you have to study something you absolutely detest but it's compulsory?

Ask yourself why you hate it and then see if there is any point in hating\validity

5 hours ago, Charlotte said:

then realize that you're doing it for a higher purpose, like investing in your career. or at least you should be.

unborn Truth

On 15/06/2018 at 7:36 AM, Ether said:

Ask yourself why you hate it and then see if there is any point in hating\validity

Because I'm thick as f at math ?

@ajasatya your absolutely right thank you and I am indeed ?

10 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Because I'm thick as f at math ?

@ajasatya your absolutely right thank you and I am indeed ?

You say you thick, uh

On 15/06/2018 at 7:36 AM, Ether said:

Your right here ether. This changed my perspective. Thank you ?

I notice when I look at a math problem and I have absolutely no idea what it even means by mind tends to just shut down and say "fuck this" ? I'm working on this. 

I drop studying altogether and focus on learning :)

The more passionate you are, the more efficient you will learn.

B R E A T H E

@pluto I didn't even know they were two different things studying & learning ??

10 hours ago, Charlotte said:

I notice when I look at a math problem and I have absolutely no idea what it even means by mind tends to just shut down and say "fuck this" ? I'm working on this. 

wow this used to be me 

You have to break it down simpler and simpler. When you look at a concept that is too advanced to your current understanding you get overwhelmed and quit (that was me) 

It needs to be doable but challenging,

So break down the problem into smaller parts and break those down too. If need be, you will have to go back to rudimentary concepts and work your way up 

If you're in Calc II and you're trying to solve series questions on chapter 8 but you don't know what the Sigma symbol even is, how are you supposed to do the problem! First figure out what sigma means and the other basic stuff and then do the simplest questions. 

You need to also develop true understanding. Just knowing a concept on the surface level can get you by, but if you understand the problem in its entirety it will be much much easier and you'll see why everything works the way it does instead of just memorizing stuff 

Contemplation works wonders here 

Start from a top -down approach to see what you have to deal with 

But then when developing knowledge, skill and understanding, do a bottom - up approach until you get all the way up 

Edited by d0ornokey

In a nutshell lol

Studying_vs._Learning_750x480.png

hehehe

B R E A T H E

@d0ornokey excellent advice dude thanks so much! 

@pluto Yes Pluto I see the difference. To be honest I think learning comes with age wouldn't you say?? I used to study (as example shows) but as I've gotten older the subject becomes gun and exciting etc. 

Thank you 

?

@Charlotte hello again! From what I have found, different brains, different studying techniques. For example, if I am trying to learn or memorise something, I cannot do so while reading it online, it has to be written down on paper for the information to go into my mind, also I have a photographic memory which only works when something I need to study in front of me on paper, I can memorise entire pages for example word by word.

So the key to your question in my opinion is to try and figure out how your mind works, how does YOUR mind process information? Because it won't be the same as mine no doubt, not being able to revise or absorb information from reading it online and having to write it down is very exclusive to my brain, you will probably be able to revise from both internet and paper but you may not have a photographic memory! Also, I wouldn't study with music as it is too distracting for me personally and my mind, even it was something like a 432hz healing mantra in the background, I have to be able to focus on one thing at a time, again, you may be able to do both, just experiment with it all, and you will soon find out how your brain processes info! :)  Also I don't know any foods that would help brain power except for banana honestly...