Joseph Maynor

How do we take the Forum to the next level? Any ideas

47 posts in this topic

On 05/05/2018 at 2:51 PM, Lynnel said:

It's so full of mental masturbation it's nauseating. I mean look at Joseph's journal. From the history of the pyramids, how salt is made, such a interesting process, best albums of the last 15 centuries, Abstract ideas about more abstract ideas and even more abstract ideas from this or that perspective ! With abstract quotes !

I mean if people would realize everything you have no direct experience of IS a conceptualization and it's a intellectual defense the whole forum would crumble :P

Abstraction is killing us.

Yup. People believe whathever scientists say because it "seems" true but it's not always the case.

I'd like to request more caviar in the super secret forum section. 

3 minutes ago, Arman said:

I'd like to request more caviar in the super secret forum section. 

I like that too!! ? ahahahahahha

On 5/7/2018 at 3:01 AM, Colin said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but my theory is that the human brain is smart enough to subconsciously track the passage of second and minutes and then look at the clock when it arrives at the time a person has designated as significant.

You indeed are right. You can test it for yourself. Example: looking for coins on the street. The first few times you might not find any, then your brain slowly starts picking up on shiny things, not coins per se, but it will catch you off gaurd, like nails, metal things etc, then after a longer time, your brain starts picking up only on coins, and so everytime you go out youll find coins on the ground. Same thing with the "angel numbers". Thats why id say to not concentrate on them too much, because youll brain just search for them automatically. What i consider to be a sign is when i see the same repeated numbers in several different places within a few hours or even an hour. Then im like..hmm.....(maybe its just the brain being extra extra good at picking up patterns within that hour, who knows :P) 

@moon777light I just confirmed this with a book I am reading at the moment, called Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker. He explained that sleep researchers know that the human brain has an uncanny ability to track the passage of time even while asleep.

In my own life, several times I have set a timer while something is cooking, walked away to a completely different task, not looking at any clocks, then got up and arrived at the kitchen with just two or three seconds left on the timer.

I have also seen 11:11 several times after hearing it was significant. I thought it was pretty auspicious and cool, but now I am convinced that It was just the wonderful human brain tracking the passage of time.

Contrary to how I have been presenting my self on here I am not against the magical and the mystical, I am just against delusion. If not against delusion, then at least for being aware of it.  

The kingdom of heaven is within.

1 hour ago, moon777light said:

What i consider to be a sign is when i see the same repeated numbers in several different places within a few hours or even an hour. Then im like..hmm.....(maybe its just the brain being extra extra good at picking up patterns within that hour, who knows :P) 

you are right, but then again, is there really any difference between the universe sending you signs vs.  yourself sending (picking up on) signs? The problem comes with putting meaning to them, when they are mostly just synchronicities/dream signs. If you study lucid dreaming, you'd know what I mean by dream signs ;) 

@starsofclay oohoo ive only succesfully lucid dreamt once in highschool when we had an assignment to journal our dreams for 5 days. My sleep schedule is so crappy now a days that i rarely dream :( I was love to get acquainted with a dream sign!

@Colin Ive had the timer thing happen too!! Our brains are such masters at tricking "us" :( 

Edited by moon777light