Shroomdoctor

Success Stories Mega Thread

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys and girls!

Sometimes what really helps me is to read about what other people have accomplished in their life. A rundown of their journey from the pits of darkness to success and happiness. No matter if in business, sexuality and dating, spirituality etc. It opens my mind and helps with my nagging thoughts of "this ain't possible" or "I cant do this".

So I thought maybe some of you folks would care to share your story, or parts of it, to motivate and help others. :)

p.s.
I would be especially interested in your stories: @Nahm @aurum @cetus56 @Faceless (of course only if you feel like it :))

@Shroomdoctor Thanks for the help on the Notebook IOS / PC issue btw. We got that figured out ??

Yeah. You can do anything. I think you’re right on, that it is the nagging, resistant thoughts which we must practice being without. 2 sides of the coin sort of. Can’t just sweep em under the rug, and pretend they aren’t there.  You really gotta look in the mirror and say that ain’t me. Those are eyes to see, and hands to do, but it ain’t me. I’m a little reluctant to like, list the events of “my” life. It’d surely appear as one big humble-brag. I respect the place you’re going with a mega thread on this. “Success” gets a bad wrap. IMO, there is nothing at all wrong with wanting to be massively successful, and expecting happiness to come from it. How else can one go full circle, and know the deeper truth than from direct experience? We’re ‘here’ for such a short ‘time’. Do it all, have it all, be it all, see it all, imo. 

It honestly is weird to me that you’re mentioning me in this way, because I don’t feel like ‘that guy’ in terms of success. To think that I have, or could inspire someone is what really keeps me going, keeps me focused. And I really really appreciate it right now. I’ve been working on a book for a very long time and I’m making great progress lately, and working on it now. So again, thanks a lot for mentioning me this way. Super nice of you. Having a nice nonduality moment, as I checked into the forum to zoom out from the writing for a few and saw your post..this was the last paragraph I wrote. It’s really two in the same I think, and I hope it’s taken as reciprocating the love...

“Allow the realization to begin, that this illusion is not being done to you, it is being done by you, for you. If it is still hard to understand that indeed you are behind the whole thing, the earth, the sky, your person, the entire universe, all of it - this is simply because you are still identifying with beliefs. In your own experience, you were not born, you do not die, you are not “alive”, you are not separate from “God”, you are not, in actuality, separate from anything. There is only the perception of separation. There is a personal definition, a meaning you have assigned, to the word “God”. That connotation, that meaning and idea, is the very thing which prevents you from directly knowing “God”. You, through your illusion, present infinite opportunities to your person, limitless potential, endless imagination, unconditional love always- accessible incrementally - the problem - is worry, is doubt, is fear. To be rid of these limiting emotions, you must be rid of your limiting beliefs. To be rid of beliefs, you must make the distinctions between a belief, and your own experience. You must allow yourself to become aware that a belief has never been more than a thought you have been repeating. It is your beliefs, your having identified with “your person” as you, that is the root of your fears & doubts. Of course you would doubt yourself, of course you would create fear. You didn’t know. That was your intention, to veil yourself, and experience yourself as “other” - as separate & individual. As you have identified “you” with your body, you have mistaken your body, and all that is around it, as reality. It is not. You are reality, You are what is real. You are eternal. All your thinking & beliefs are not what you are, they do not define you, that is your illusion.”

Everything we think and do parlays into the next experience so seamlessly, we don’t notice. A play on that old path saying....Consciousness work doesn’t really exist, but only a fool doesn’t do it. One person might work at a job, and sleep through their life, while another with the same job is doing consciousness work, doing the shadow work, doing the practices, taking the trips - they begin to become free and awaken, their mood is lifted, their attitude is lifted, their ego is understood and is being deconstructed. Others gravitate to this liberation, promotions are offered, partnerships with others who are driven are offered and....what dreams may come. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

40 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Yeah. You can do anything. I think you’re right on, that it is the nagging, resistant thoughts which we must practice being without. 2 sides of the coin sort of. Can’t just sweep em under the rug, and pretend they aren’t there.  You really gotta look in the mirror and say that ain’t me. Those are eyes to see, and hands to do, but it ain’t me. I’m a little reluctant to like, list the events of “my” life. It’d surely appear as one big humble-brag. I respect the place you’re going with a mega thread on this. “Success” gets a bad wrap. IMO, there is nothing at all wrong with wanting to be massively successful, and expecting happiness to come from it. How else can one go full circle, and know the deeper truth than from direct experience? We’re ‘here’ for such a short ‘time’. Do it all, have it all, be it all, see it all, imo. 

@Nahm I'll second that!

@Shroomdoctor  Just to add this. Experience is a great teacher too. Keep expanding/growing in all directions inward and outward and you find there are no limitations to anything! It's wide open and you are it- it is you.

I'd like to leave a short but powerful video by Eckhart Tolle that I listen to at least once a day.:) 

"Under the surface all things are interconnected"

Great thread, I've wanted one like this for a while but just never made it. I see people asking questions of problems that they have and it overwhelms me because I feel, "wow everyone has so many problems... is there really a much better life than the one I'm living now?"

But I realize that people don't make threads about their successes. There are much fewer reasons why they would make a thread to talk about their successes and there much more incentives for people to talk about their problems. 

So a thread talking about successes would be helpful because it shows people taking action (which will rub onto you) and gives you hope because others are doing it. 

Here are some gains from personal development:

-Used to be suicidal 5x a week, now suicidal 1x a month

- I have heightened awareness on my problems, and the solutions are more clear than they were before 

- 1-5% increase in feeling self-love for myself (I just started this practice) 

- Anxiety and negative thoughts decreased by at least 50% 

- I have the ability to use resistance as a compass and sit through resistance much more than before. Though not perfect! 

- My self-awareness went up. I realized my love for understanding and knowledge, my love for authenticity, my love for growth, my desire for self-love, my desire to help those in need. I also am more aware of my negative habits 

17 hours ago, Shroomdoctor said:

I would be especially interested in your stories: @Nahm @aurum @cetus56 @Faceless (of course only if you feel like it :))

I'm happy to share a story.

One of the hardest periods of my life was when I launched my blog at AurumReviews.com. I had just finished graduate school and had planned on going into a lucrative career in the financial world. But right towards the tail end of my schooling, I had a deep awakening experience.

The experience was so intense that I had to spend a large part of the next couple months just trying to figure out what the hell had happen to me. Major existential crisis. Taking a more traditional career no longer felt right anymore, and so I started AurumReviews.com as a passion project instead.

Things were okay for awhile. The blog made some money but it wasn't enough to pay the bills even though I was working basically 24/7. I started burning through my savings that I got from previous jobs in order to keep it going.

Then it all went to shit.

One day I go to check my bank account and my stomach drops. Zero dollars. I am completely flat broke and a stack of bills to pay.

For some of you, maybe this isn't a big deal. Bu I never had something like that happen  to me before. And I was triggered bad.

Then the next day, one of the girls I was fucking calls me up crying. She's late on her period and thinks she might be pregnant. And since she isn't fucking anyone else, the kid would have to be mine.

Now I'm basically panicking. But of course, I can't let her know that because I'm the man and I'm supposed to have things under control. I have to go see her and calm her down instead.

The next few days it felt like I was exorcising demons from myself. All these thoughts of what could happen and how my life was over were just replaying over and over. Everything just seemed to be coming at me all at once and I had no idea what to do.

At some point I decided to lay down on my bed and just stare at the ceiling. I think it was about all the energy I had I was so beat down. But something strange happened.

As I stared at the ceiling, I suddenly started to laugh.

The whole situation just seemed absurd. Existential crisis, being broke, the stress of figuring out a new business, pregnancy scare. I mean, could there be anything else?

Was I going to get struck by lightening when I walked outside too?

So I just let it go. And when I did, things started to shift.

I was still pretty depressed and confused. But by some miracle I paid all my bills and got some more money coming in. That girl ended up not being pregnant. And I sorted out a lot of the existential, spiritual questions I had looming.

Things are much better now. My career is on an awesome upward track. I'm networking with higher and higher up people. My game is better than it's ever been. And I'm just way happier.

What's crazy though is that I feel like this is only the start. I've been planting a lot of seeds behind the scenes, so for those of you who follow my content don't be surprised if you see me doing some big things in the next couple years.

Life really is amazing. The fact that I'm sitting here and able to write this at all is a blessing I never want to take for granted.

And if you're traveling through that darkness, I want everyone to see that's a blessing in it's own way. Because you don't know who you're going to be on the other side.

@aurum That made my day. Scrab that. That made my month. xD Thank you so much for sharing.

@cetus56 @Nahm I get that. Thanks for your input. And Nahm I will SOOOOO read your book. :P

2 hours ago, aurum said:

I'm happy to share a story.

One of the hardest periods of my life was when I launched my blog at AurumReviews.com. I had just finished graduate school and had planned on going into a lucrative career in the financial world. But right towards the tail end of my schooling, I had a deep awakening experience.

The experience was so intense that I had to spend a large part of the next couple months just trying to figure out what the hell had happen to me. Major existential crisis. Taking a more traditional career no longer felt right anymore, and so I started AurumReviews.com as a passion project instead.

Things were okay for awhile. The blog made some money but it wasn't enough to pay the bills even though I was working basically 24/7. I started burning through my savings that I got from previous jobs in order to keep it going.

Then it all went to shit.

One day I go to check my bank account and my stomach drops. Zero dollars. I am completely flat broke and a stack of bills to pay.

For some of you, maybe this isn't a big deal. Bu I never had something like that happen  to me before. And I was triggered bad.

Then the next day, one of the girls I was fucking calls me up crying. She's late on her period and thinks she might be pregnant. And since she isn't fucking anyone else, the kid would have to be mine.

Now I'm basically panicking. But of course, I can't let her know that because I'm the man and I'm supposed to have things under control. I have to go see her and calm her down instead.

The next few days it felt like I was exorcising demons from myself. All these thoughts of what could happen and how my life was over were just replaying over and over. Everything just seemed to be coming at me all at once and I had no idea what to do.

At some point I decided to lay down on my bed and just stare at the ceiling. I think it was about all the energy I had I was so beat down. But something strange happened.

As I stared at the ceiling, I suddenly started to laugh.

The whole situation just seemed absurd. Existential crisis, being broke, the stress of figuring out a new business, pregnancy scare. I mean, could there be anything else?

Was I going to get struck by lightening when I walked outside too?

So I just let it go. And when I did, things started to shift.

I was still pretty depressed and confused. But by some miracle I paid all my bills and got some more money coming in. That girl ended up not being pregnant. And I sorted out a lot of the existential, spiritual questions I had looming.

Things are much better now. My career is on an awesome upward track. I'm networking with higher and higher up people. My game is better than it's ever been. And I'm just way happier.

What's crazy though is that I feel like this is only the start. I've been planting a lot of seeds behind the scenes, so for those of you who follow my content don't be surprised if you see me doing some big things in the next couple years.

Life really is amazing. The fact that I'm sitting here and able to write this at all is a blessing I never want to take for granted.

And if you're traveling through that darkness, I want everyone to see that's a blessing in it's own way. Because you don't know who you're going to be on the other side.

I will start to do my resume and i will start to do my plans, reading this makes me inspired! , Magic will happen :D I don't want to be an ordinary guy anymore!

@Shroomdoctor

Thanks, glad it helped.

20 hours ago, John Iverson said:

I will start to do my resume and i will start to do my plans, reading this makes me inspired! , Magic will happen :D I don't want to be an ordinary guy anymore!

Awesome, go for it

For me I haven't really made a huge success story yet, but nevertheless I was depressed for 7 years more or less with the suicidal phases and all and then finally started to feel better and my life started to really show some rewards. It took a long time to get anything started "for real" but nowadays I can take action a lot more comfortably. When it comes to improving myself I've learned to keep going. I often get better at something which allows me to learn something else.

At first when I found actualized.org it started to slowly confirm to me that life can actually be good and things can be better. While learning things from him it also made me the biggest hypocrite as the videos revealed all the "bad" things, but for a long time I mainly looked at other people doing those things. When I did introspect it wasn't done in a healthy way whatsoever but instead I tried to brute force it too much by at least subconsciously thinking "I must know this by now! I know how to do it but there's some inherent fault within me!" The truth is that I really didn't know or else I would have solved those things. I wasn't ready to accept that I needed to learn things and that I needed to change my life to change my life. So now I just learn how to do things, follow up and finish and it's working out.

I would really stress willingness to learn things. If you are really trying to learn things and ready to change then the change will often come to you, even if it wouldn't be some quick ticket somewhere.

On 5.5.2018 at 0:21 PM, aurum said:

What's crazy though is that I feel like this is only the start.

To me things feels fresh and new. Even if I've surpassed many it still is so that there's so much more to learn and do and I'm actually a total novice in so many things despite already getting a good way through.

1 hour ago, YaNanNallari said:

At first when I found actualized.org it started to slowly confirm to me that life can actually be good and things can be better

Great stuff man. That right there is awesome too. 

@Dinesh Karki Bullshit. You’ve got a wake of success behind you. Look at it, realize it; it brings more of it. 

On 5/5/2018 at 5:44 AM, Shroomdoctor said:

@aurum That made my day. Scrab that. That made my month. xD Thank you so much for sharing.

@cetus56 @Nahm I get that. Thanks for your input. And Nahm I will SOOOOO read your book. :P

Right in the deep feels. Thanks for that.