Amilaer---

Meditation technique for long no-thought state

23 posts in this topic

Hey,

I would like to deepen my meditation, however, still only a few minutes without thought seems possible for me. 

I played with Do Nothing, Feel-Hear-See, Breathing techniques, Deep concentration

Any recommendations for techniques which will prolong the no-thought meditation state?

You are addicted to alcohol? Yhym... Try quitting coffee.

Cinder block over the head would work.  

I would think this is one of those things that falls apart when you try to force it or be too goal-oriented. My longest no-thought state while meditating is typically only 8-10 full respirations. To get that, I focus entirely on feeling as much action and detail as the air comes through my nostrils as possible. I become my nostrils. When that's my world, nothing else is going on. LOL, toward the end of that timeframe, I can feel ego getting restless and coming up with an image to throw at me, just to break the no-thought state. It's like a restless, prankster of a child; harmless, but intent on getting attention. When it happens, I just acknowledge the image or thought without judgment or bitterness....and get back to the sit. I've found that forgiving and accepting my ego's antics while meditating has spilled over into waking life. I forgive myself and others a lot more effortlessly than I used to. 

Anyway, that was a long way of saying "I don't really know how to help you."  :D

https://www.peterrussell.com/HMWET/index.php

this is a pretty good newbie meditation course. It´s guided, it´s easy.

there are also tons of good guided meditations on youtube.

Do not try to get any "states" in meditation, any effort will just fuck up the meditation. It´s should be effortless and acceptance/allowance/surrendering, just let youre mind settle down. 15min is usually too little for that, try 30-60min meditations

Wanting to end thought is a movement of thought. To end thought time must cease. But if you the thinker is moving in the movement of time this only leads to more time/thought. 

Understanding the whole movement of thought would be a much better way to go into this. 

Time=Thought 

Time=Thinker 

CHECK INTO THE NATURE OF THOUGHT/TIME?

Edited by Faceless

3 hours ago, Richard Alpert said:

this is a pretty good newbie meditation course. It´s guided, it´s easy.

I've checked out literally hundreds of guided courses and meditations, most of them are very similar and I am not able to learn more there. But thanks for your reply :)

3 hours ago, Faceless said:

CHECK INTO THE NATURE OF THOUGHT/TIME?

Hmmmm nice, I will ponder that, no doubt. 

How to strip away the illusion of time? By removing the thoughts about time, about existence of past and future. However this seems not enough, I will dig deeper. Thanks for the advice. 

Edited by Amilaer---

54 minutes ago, Amilaer--- said:

How to strip away the illusion of time? By removing the thoughts about time, about existence of past and future.

Still a movement of time?

think of it like neither accepting or rejecting thought/time, as this a movement of time. 

But simply understand the whole of thought time. In that one can be aware of such movement as it arises . But don’t apply time to end itself. To attend to the whole movement in movement without choice “time” time/thought will dissolve. 

You will see:)

Edited by Faceless

What helped me a lot was going the opposite and looking what thoughts truly are. Seeing what i can do with them and where they arise. What tone do they have and what are the patterns? At which particular time in wich moment wich thoughts arise? Are there any noises from other voices? In wich connection do they stand with my senses? What happens with thought when feelings arise and how are they connected? What is the different of unconscious thinking and conscious thinking, when you fall into concocting thinking or when you are able to have a clear focus mind.

16 hours ago, PsiloPutty said:

Cinder block over the head would work.  

?

@Faceless faceless you should start a whole in-depth thread on this (time). I vote yes ☝️:ph34r:

Vipassana is great for no mind. I've mixed Osho's Active Meditation like Kundalini Meditation and Dynamic Meditation with a daily Vipassana sits.

3 hours of daily work for 90 days - Dynamic after waking up, Kundalini in the evening and Vipassana inbetween. 1 hour each. 

Your growth will radically supercharge and during the 90 days you can continue your path with vipassana or explore other techniques. 

The active meditations are like seasonal techniques, if done all the time it would make ur body weak (unless you got your diet on point then youre the master of your body) however they're the most powerful techniques i've pursued so far and it is very intuitive to understand whats going on and you'll access levels of joy, authenticity and surrendering than most of the conventional techniques. 

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

@Faceless faceless you should start a whole in-depth thread on this (time). I vote yes ☝️:ph34r:

Now that would be very unfair towards @Faceless.
He may understand his own concept of time as a movement of measure and would be back to square one with his ability to communicate enlightenment.

;) 

Edited by tsuki
as a movement of time -> as a movement of measure 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

19 hours ago, Amilaer--- said:

Any recommendations for techniques which will prolong the no-thought meditation state?

Read post by @Vipassana

see progress in the diminished frequency of thought

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

7 hours ago, Charlotte said:

?

Maybe i will in another now. ?

7 hours ago, tsuki said:

Now that would be very unfair towards @Faceless.
He may understand his own concept of time as a movement of measure and would be back to square one with his ability to communicate enlightenment.

;) 

Hehe

It’s ok. 

I reset back to square one ever minute?

That’s the beauty of being aware of time in all its subtle forms. 

Every minute is anew. 

Plus I have no interest is communicating enlightenment as that cannot be done. I like to communicate the necessity/significance of awareness to the movement of thought. ?

Edited by Faceless

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

Maybe i will in another now. ?

?

14 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

Listening

Sure

That point of Total attention when the observer doesn’t interfere with what is being communicated. 

Nice??

If your mind is very noisy, meditating on a mantra can often be a great way to quiet your inner dialoge.

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

On 07/05/2018 at 10:40 AM, Erlend K said:

If your mind is very noisy, meditating on a mantra can often be a great way to quiet your inner dialoge.

Never experimented with mantra, thanks for suggestion