zunnyman

“There is a chance that my body might drop dead” Wut?

29 posts in this topic

In leo’s latest video, Hawaii Late Night Insights, he said that this awakening might make his body drop dead. Like can this work take you to that point, where you don’t even become awakened and die on the spot? I get physical and literal death as a part of the awakening process, but I didn’t know that your body can just drop dead. I’m not sure I heard leo correctly, but it sounds like he was making a distinction between phsyical/literal death and also that this work might make your body not continue by surrendering your life like a mahasamadhi. 

Was leo saying this as just something you have to accept, or are there actually cases where people do consciousness work and just drop dead on the floor? I know it is kind of ironic and paradoxical for me to say “I am willing to physically and literally die, but not willing to drop dead on the floor where my heart stops beating” but on a practical level I am doing this consciousness work for some payoff, not to drop dead. 

@zunnyman That is the payoff, but nobody gets it. Really gotta hear how the words are not the experience on this. Turn around and start taking a really good look at the snake. It might only be a stick. It might be a fuckin snake though! ?       You might have an epistemological foundation that you are alive without having inquired.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I see what your trying to say, which is the magnitude of what we are doing here. Literal and physical death. Even just now I was looking in the mirror and was like wow, what am I even building a life for right now. It really is just a house of cards. 

But Im also wondering that is there a possibility that consciousness work literally kills you to the point where even your body doesn’t go on living after ur death? 

40 minutes ago, zunnyman said:

But Im also wondering that is there a possibility that consciousness work literally kills you to the point where even your body doesn’t go on living after ur death? 

@zunnyman Fear of death is a powerful driving force of change.
If it is an important part of your life, expect it to surface regardless of whether you pursue enlightenment or not.
You may decide to stay clear of psychedelics because you may die 'because of' them and pursue meditation instead.
After doing it for 5 years you may decide that it is not going anywhere and take 30 day meditation challenge just to realize that it may physically kill you.

If fear of death is what stops you - it will always stop you from you stopping it.
It is, after all, what stops ordinary people from asking what am I even doing this for?
I will die, after all!

Try asking yourself: who is going to be there to witness my death? Me?
Physical death is the ultimate stop. If your life is so miserable now that you want to become enlightened, why do you fear it?
It is what stops everything, including suffering. Try to find solace in it.
Why don't you use it to propel yourself towards enlightenment?
What if you die before you get enlightened? Did that question occur to you?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

8 hours ago, zunnyman said:

I am doing this consciousness work for some payoff, not to drop dead

then enlightenment is not for you. the payoff here is knowing truth, which comes with dropping dead. you cant get truth without being willing to drop dead. erase the distinction of egodeath and physical death because from your perspective its the exact same thing. you will literally die after awakening, there will be no you to enjoy the fruits of awakening, just a walking body.

Sadhguru talks about this too (Around 3:30)

4 hours ago, zunnyman said:

kills you to the point where even your body doesn’t go on living after ur death? 

No just the illusion of yourself as a body mind its not physical death but you are not attached to your body as a someone who needs to protect it...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Viking thats not true you will enjoy it because what comes out of you is peace and bliss thats the point of doing it removing suffering

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

Just now, NoSelfSelf said:

@Viking thats not true you will enjoy it because what comes out of you is peace and bliss thats the point of doing it removing suffering

what im saying is that there will be no you to enjoy

@Viking end of you is not end of pleasure pain (enjoyment) they will still happen...there is no you to enjoy something or not in the first place..

It's you.

Now fight.

Well, I am still “alive”. But who is this me? Where is it? Nowhere

19 hours ago, zunnyman said:

@Nahm I see what your trying to say, which is the magnitude of what we are doing here. Literal and physical death. Even just now I was looking in the mirror and was like wow, what am I even building a life for right now. It really is just a house of cards. 

2E4783F1-3594-498D-9CB7-4BE4C521C9DE.gif

It’s not your body, (brain too) in the sense you think it is, that’s a thought. It’s not alive or dead.   The body & brain are like goggles that make you forget who you are, and make one thing (no-thing, for the type A’s) appear as a shload of two-things. If it changes, if it’s relative, it’s an illusion in appearance, until it’s no longer illusory. You’ve done all of this, your brain and body, the earth, the Milky Way, etc, by yourself, without a single resource or any help from anyone or anything, and yet, nothing has been done.  That’s no house of cards dude.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You're not going to die.

This is a test of your gullibility.

Do you fall for image and charisma or can you recognize truth?

There are tons of enlightened Western guys out there: Gangaji, Peter Brown, Francis Lucille, Rupert Spira, etc.

None of them claim this.  They are no less enlightened than Sadhguru.

But because he looks cool in traditional Indian guru garb everybody's like "he's the most enlightened! he knows! *glazed look*"

This does not pass the basic reality test.  Find another enlightened master alive who claims this.  (I'd be glad to reconsider this in light of new information.)

So who's wrong, the guy with the magnificent beard and Indian garb or the many enlightened masters?

Edit: from the Wikipedia entry:

Enlightened yogis take their mahāsamādhi during their final practice of samādhi: and they expire during this final sādhanā practice. 

This is absolutely ridiculous.  If you're an "enlightened yogi", why do you still have a sadhana?

Sadhana is for seekers.

Entirely absurd.

There's no point to sadhana if you're self-realized.  The whole point is that you wouldn't still be doing something to "accomplish something", "get somewhere" in a spiritual sense.

Also, what if you self-realize spontaneously, without a formal or conscious sadhana practice?

I went to 1000 in my sleep.  I was at 845 when I went to sleep. Woke up the next morning and realized I was at 1000.

Woops! I guess I missed my big shot at choosing death.

This is the spiritual equivalent of campfire ghost stories.

Ooga booga! Enlightenment will kill ya!!!

Edited by Haumea

I can say from my first awakening:

The pumping heart will have kind of a "heart attack", but only 1-3 seconds, and will reroute with the great River that is your body/mind to an optimized pathway. 

7 hours ago, Haumea said:

You're not going to die.

This is a test of your gullibility.

Do you fall for image and charisma or can you recognize truth?

In a recent video of Leo’s he mentions this.  I don’t recall what vid or his exact words but he says something to the effect

“if you were the ego trying to hide the greatest treasure, what door would you put it behind that no one would ever go behind?  Physical death.”

an that you have to 

“trick the ego into killing itself.  If you understood what it truly meant, you would never do it.  But, you tell it about all the great things you’ll get along the way and eventually after the years, you’re almost there so you might as well go through with it.”

He’s also described there being many levels of enlightenment and that it is a pursuit with an unbelievable amount of depth.  It’s not, “ok, I’m enlightened, my work’s done”

In the self deception videos, Leo also talks about the need to be physically alive as one of the foundational deceptions.

So what is true vs what do you want to be true?  Wtf do any of us ACTUALLY know about enlightenment?  These are all just beliefs.

"It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness"

Presence.  Acceptance.  Purpose.

36 minutes ago, Quanty said:

I can say from my first awakening:

The pumping heart will have kind of a "heart attack", but only 1-3 seconds, and will reroute with the great River that is your body/mind to an optimized pathway. 

what is great River?

In a recent video of Leo’s he mentions this.  I don’t recall what vid or his exact words but he says something to the effect

“if you were the ego trying to hide the greatest treasure, what door would you put it behind that no one would ever go behind?  Physical death.”

an that you have to 

“trick the ego into killing itself.  If you understood what it truly meant, you would never do it.  But, you tell it about all the great things you’ll get along the way and eventually after the years, you’re almost there so you might as well go through with it.”

He’s also described there being many levels of enlightenment and that it is a pursuit with an unbelievable amount of depth.  It’s not, “ok, I’m enlightened, my work’s done”

Yeah, I agree - as Quanty testified, fake heart attacks are fairly common at point of ego death.  I didn't experience any symptoms like that because at some point I realized that the ego was causing me major suffering, so there wasn't anything to lose.

In the self deception videos, Leo also talks about the need to be physically alive as one of the foundational deceptions.

So what is true vs what do you want to be true?  Wtf do any of us ACTUALLY know about enlightenment?  These are all just beliefs.

I experienced Sahaja briefly this week, and it hit me that there's no freakin' way you can describe this state to someone who hasn't experienced it.  You can describe the various parts of the elephant but it's a holistic experience and the person you're describing it to won't be able to synthesize what it's like.  It is absolutely glorious, amazing.  One of the descriptions I've seen is "Only Don't Know" mind and that's exactly what it felt like: I knew nothing but could have anything I wanted.  (If you know nothing, you are completely free, you don't get stuck in any thoughts that arise.)

I understand how it sounds (because I'm out of that state as I write this) but it is genuine liberation.

(When I say "I knew nothing", I meant what anything means.  There was no usual "good-bad" interpretation of anything.  It was all just a cool 3D movie for my enjoyment.)

Edited by Haumea

IMO this is just nonsense, this pursue for enlightenment is just a big spiritual ego there, to reach Truth you gotta first transcend all dualities, included

enlightenment vs unenlightenment  or conscious vs unconcious

Well, of course it's all concepts including "Truth" and "transcending dualities."

Once you start using words to talk about it, you've lost the plot already, no matter how few words you use.