brugluiz

The truth about psychiatric drugs

31 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure that using these kind of drugs in medical way is still too dangerous. By the way,sometimes I use cannabis in medical way ( this strain  http://www.ncsm.nl/strain/skywalker-og helps me to sleep better, reduces headache and stress). Honestly speaking, Idk whether it will have negative  influence on my health in future or not ( cause I have lack of knowledge in this field ) Any thoughts?

I can understand how someone's experience in a psych hospital could really shape their view of psychiatric treatment in a very negative way. This comes down to the attitudes and behaviors of the PEOPLE administering the treatments to the patient. Hospital employees can create an environment where they want to silence you with the medications. They can also come off as very intimidating in their approach. It may even seem like some don't even consider or care to know about any alternatives. Also, the financial motivation can play a part in this environment.

That being said, the medication and the research that goes into it, are just honest attempts at being able to treat these still relatively mysterious psychiatric conditions. Nothing evil about research itself. Also, there are instances, when psychiatric medication is absolutely necessary, especially in cases where a patient is at risk of killing themselves or others.

I don't know if psych meds are the best option for treating a person's respective condition or not. It may be the case that it just turns someone into a docile zombie that isn't going give other members of society problems. It may or may not slow down a person's progress to self-realization, but it's important to know that it's an option to try for many people out there who need to function now. I would encourage people to have a balanced view until we can find out what the best course of action is to curing psychiatric illnesses.

On 01/06/2018 at 0:33 PM, yellowschnee said:

@ original poster, I stopped them cold Turkey. You can do that, don´t expect it to be easy tho.

´I could have a Problem if a Problem was a Problem for me, this less than perfect life is exactly what I Need´Adam out of the movie ´Crazywise´

I think there is alot of Research to be done on the corelationship between mental illness and enlightenment.

It lies in the eyes of the perciever whether or whether not one is mentally ill. It´s partly dependent on beliefs and cultural norms. That can lead to complications. If Leo was to sit in front of a psychiatrist... Good luck! My guess would be that he would pretty certainly be diagnosed with schizophrenia and psychosis.

To all of you who aré labeled as mentally ill I can just say:

Don´t take stuff so seriously, do whatever you want. Be brave.

Keyword: Spiritual emergency(e),

Books/Authors: Stanislav Grof, Catherine G Lucas, Sean Blackwell - Bipolar or waking up?

Thank you!

I just watched some Sean Blackwell's videos. I even contacted him. Maybe I'll do a retreat with him here in Brazil (if he accepts me).

3 hours ago, daniel695 said:

@brugluiz thank you for posting the video

You're welcome :)

@brugluiz that sounds very good!!! 

if you do it, can you tell about the outcome? 

i’m very interested in healing stuff and new methods, especially if „psychology“ wins over „psychiatry“ -  would be amazing to hear first hand.

7 hours ago, now is forever said:

@brugluiz that sounds very good!!! 

if you do it, can you tell about the outcome? 

i’m very interested in healing stuff and new methods, especially if „psychology“ wins over „psychiatry“ -  would be amazing to hear first hand.

Of course I can :). Sean is travelling at the moment and I will contact him again on October.

He works with holotropic breathing (Stanislav Grof) and says it's not necessary to stop medicines to start the process.

In the meantime, I'm doing self-knowledge work. I need to dig deeper in order to understand my soul and my true life purpose.

If you want to take a look at Sean's videos, here's one of them:

https://youtu.be/B3OQ2_u-dbU

@brugluiz thank you! i‘ll also send that to my family member. sounds like you found a good balanced path! are you also experimenting with adaptogenes? i‘m a big fan of rhodiola (to stabilize my minor blues, but it should also work with higher emotional waves) and i also start  being interested in ashwagandha. for bipolar could be interesting to try schüssler salt with lithium - it’s just a random hint (was not really convinced by the salts in general, but this one „could“ actually work, small possibility, because it also works in high dosage). maybe you can safe that for later if you then even need some minor stabilization ;)

the video is really funny! love his humor.

Edited by now is forever

I use them like cokaïne  ( ritalin pills )for big music event, they hit hard as coke to me. especially if you don't do any stimulant like me for months. ( really rare a coffee or thea ) I still have 20 of them.

It's my rare drug when weed isn't enough ( depend ) as I don't drink alcohol at all ( I drinked 1 year in my life 4 years ago ) if I need to keep awake until 7 AM and met people it's really nice to have this drug, but there is a crash and a comedown, and I believe it stay in the mind for several days.

so it's really a stupid tool, mindfulness is over this shit, but sometimes you need to be as stupid as everyone and enjoy like a mindless zomby. ( some will not agree, but to me life is about BALANCE )

but I treat it exactly like you would take MDMA, 1 every 3 months. ( and like 20 mg, the psych wanted me on 70mg per day LOL )

( things I don't take anymore ) ritalin is "poison" but a controled one that I know how it affect my mind.

it's not super funny alone, but with weed, it's really alright.

better don't do drug at all if you can, but me I love mindless music. Life is meaningless, I know what I love and what I want to do, creates ENERGY and share it uploading it directly into your mind and body !

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

On 08/05/2018 at 4:18 PM, moon777light said:

I am sorry you had to experience those drugs :(...they truly are horrible..i am studying medicine right now and i feel torn because i know so many drugs tear your system down.  One student at my university got diagnosed with schizophrenia and he started taking drugs as well, he started getting severe acne all over his face and neck (his face was clean before) and his social behaviors/motivation has changed as well. The way they prescribe them where i live is similar, the doctor doesnt even consider your overall well-being, just says "here take this"

Clean your diet, start from the absolute base. Then build by addressing emotional issues, i suggest looking into emotional healing. Meditation practice is VERY important. Best of luck to you <3 

@Nahm when taking colloidal silver be careful that its not ionic silver. Many people sell ionic silver under the name "colloidal silver" but its not the same. Ionic doesnt really have any health benefits and its very cheap to make. I am also looking for a reliable source @Quanty that makes true colloidal :D 

this is when I lost every faith I had in science and society lol, I go to the doc to see how society help.

she just tell me how you're adhd, take a pill it cure it ! then I asked how, etc.. I talked meta to the psych, she didn't get it :laugh: 

I asked more, I get more EASY. I even had to make her lower on the dosage or I couldn't take it. ( the pills are so fat I cutted them in half because of the dose I get ) ( I tryed to sold it in the street for weed, my real cure, problem was, no one in my country know about stimulant drug, they just know coke, fucking "ignorant douchbag"  > /joke * lol ! )

I go for the pills to enlight things, I wanted COKAINE free at this time. ( really it was my idea ) and I got exactly it.

I wasn't going to the psych 2 years ago to cure, only to have the free cokaïne ( ritaline ) ( I know I corresponded to "adhd" model )

completely stoped it, for obvious reason. side effect was overpowering the "good effect", I reduced my drug intake at 10% ( only a tiny joint or two per day, good diet, full water, break time ( "méditation" ) ) I m musician not a monk :> ! ... work for me, no side effect besides the price

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

On 5/8/2018 at 8:28 AM, Guest Quanty said:

Worst thing you can do in life is taking doctor medication. 

Switch to Haritaki and Colloidal Silver/Gold. 

This seems like an extremely naive generalization.

@Strikr wow, thank you for showing that side, too. 

did you ever try aswaghanda? it’s supposed to help with adhd and can also stimulate memory etc. it’s an adaptogene so not working psychoactive - so if you just went for the drug... maybe not it?

Edited by now is forever