stressson20

My parents are always fighting

4 posts in this topic

Things are not going really good with my family now. My parents are always fighting, with the same problem. I thought they are already done with this nonsense. But they’re not! They are busy with fighting, how about me? I need their attention more than what they’re into now! I know I should be grateful for them, for loving me, but at least, they should give enough time in nurturing me. I have problems also and I can’t share it to them since they’re always left into quarrels. What should I do?

Well,it's quite hard for you at this moment,i believe you.I've had similar problems,where my parents had arguments but would usually end in a day or two.My advice is to sit down with them when they don't have an argument and say to them everything that you said in your post above(that you need their love,you have problems etc).If your parents start blaming one another for what you said(eg. your mother blames your father and says that he is in fault for all of this and vice versa),then automatically say that they are both in fault and should stop arguing.Try to be as serious as possible.If they are caring parents,they will probably stop arguing and help you out.Hopefully thats good advice.If you have a question,ask.

23 hours ago, Ali123 said:

Well,it's quite hard for you at this moment,i believe you.I've had similar problems,where my parents had arguments but would usually end in a day or two.My advice is to sit down with them when they don't have an argument and say to them everything that you said in your post above(that you need their love,you have problems etc).If your parents start blaming one another for what you said(eg. your mother blames your father and says that he is in fault for all of this and vice versa),then automatically say that they are both in fault and should stop arguing.Try to be as serious as possible.If they are caring parents,they will probably stop arguing and help you out.Hopefully thats good advice.If you have a question,ask.

Agreed. It's hard being an adult and I know sometimes, for me, I can lose track of things around me when I am so focused on whatever. Just tell them and be blunt and honest about it. Don't let them try to make it about them, it's about YOU so just keep the focus there.

Try to keep in mind that parents aren't mind-readers (no matter how much we try to be) :/ if you keep quiet and avoid the issues, you can't be surprised if they think everything is fine with you...