Shakazulu

Healthy F R I E N D S

30 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is how you make a thread. But can y'all post quotes on HEALTHY friendships/insights?

@Nahm they say some people enter our lives for lessons and some for blessings. The.           " friends " who gossip about you then call you to hang out, do they have more lessons to teach? 

As Nahm said: "Know thy Self"

If we look in a deeper perspective of the word "Friends" and we give it a holistic twist it will sound: "Fried Ends". xD

Friends come and go.

@Shakazulu  Of course they do, evidenced  by you holding the question.❤️

You don’t see they are you, and you don’t see they are showing you how to see that they are you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You gotta be the type of friend to others that you want for yourself... and then I think you start feeling people out, you start getting a sense of what they are about.

After a while you can tell how egoic someone is and if they will vibe with you.  

I try and stay away from drama and people that are too critical in general.  Its just hard to deal with.

The less of an image is imposed onto the relationship the more genuine it is. Imposed images lead to confusion, contradiction, conflict. 

Acceptance is a key word.

If two ppl don't agree with something, that's fine. Two ppl can't be exactly the same. Genuine friends can talk it out or share different things without fingerpointing, misunderstandings, or judging/categorization.

Here's another quote that I posted already:

hqdefault (1).jpg

22 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Acceptance is a key word.

If two ppl don't agree with something, that's fine. Two ppl can't be exactly the same. Genuine friends can talk it out or share different things without fingerpointing, misunderstandings, or judging/categorization.

Here's another quote that I posted already:

hqdefault (1).jpg

Well then you have imitated/conformed to an image. Then you will inevitably conflict with a different point of view/standpoint/position with someone else.

In this there is the invitation to division/conflict?

thought in relationship implies division and conflict.:)

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless I forgot to mention that there are different levels of friendships. I'm talking about the BFF type of friendship--"highest" level.

In a family, it's unconditional love. Many flaws but you learn to accept and show love through actions.

54 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

@Faceless I forgot to mention that there are different levels of friendships. I'm talking about the BFF type of friendship--"highest" level.

In a family, it's unconditional love. Many flaws but you learn to accept and show love through actions.

I see what you are saying?

although it’s good to ask the question...if there is an image at all, being an image of yourself which projects onto the other can there actully be a relationship “communion”???

This is a really great one to go into.

You will find that your own self image inevitably projects onto the other. For example, if you stick a pin in my self image “disagree or resist my self imposed image” , to me it’s as if your were attacking that very image. I then become defensive and cling to self preservation. Then I defend and attack back. “Division/Conflict”  

So I have set an image for myself which allowed for an image to be attacked in the first place. 

Do you see what I am getting at? 

Edited by Faceless

13 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

@Faceless this makes a lot of sense lol

Cool. 

This kind of understanding leads to actual embodiment in relationship. 

Edited by Faceless

To impose an image implies that the self becomes all important. And if that is the case there is no communion or meeting one another mutually. 

@Nexeternity thank you and not everyone is conscious, it's in our lower selves to talk about others. At times I understand this and at time I don't want to be involved whatsoever. It has me on a swing. Going from rejecting to accepting 

13 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

@Faceless ???????

Do you see it clearly? 

Everything I share can be observed in oneself. 

Edited by Faceless

43 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

Going from rejecting to accepting 

Based off a self imposed image. Self preservation. 

An example of thought/self in relationship. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless I don't mind self-preservation at all, if that's what you're going to call it. We don't know what's really going on in someone else's relationship unless we know them. If I see two ppl with very lovely friendships with strong communication and unconditional love, I can't label that. I've seen a friend who ended up in the hospital in another country, and the other friend just dropped everything, including work/job and flew off to visit/help the other friend in the other country as soon as possible. I've seen a husband who took care of a mentally ill wife till death. They were young when she fell ill. He didn't divorce her. That's in real life, in practical life. It's not hard to understand. 

If you want to be "free" of self-preservation and live the no-self, looks like a monk's life is the way to go -- detached / stoic relationship with other monks yet you live as oneness.

How the monk in this clip protested against the Vietnam War is not self-preservation. There is a monk somewhere in the middle of this clip, not the monk talking to Oprah.

@Key Elements

Sure I do understand...

I’m not for running off to a monistary either. It’s not about choosing no self or self preservation as that is setting the very image im talking about. That is still within the field of choice... I am not for or against either direction. I am simply observant of  the whole movement thought/self. 

That’s the point. It’s all about attention without mechanical reaction from thought/self.

In this there is no point of view, standpoint, or overall movement of psychological time which likes to choose between the opposites. 

This is what I call being whole. Intelligent action that is complete. 

Make sense??

Edited by Faceless