Arman

Leo's 30 day challenge

112 posts in this topic

I hope you have at least someone to check up on you as a safety net, "lots of 5-meo" and extreme meditation sounds like havoc.

@Leo Gura rewiring brain is a believe

there is only this instant Leo :ph34r:

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

You have to take into account that the people in solitary confinement are already very mentally dysfunction. Many of them are violent offenders and probably have mental illnesses. So solitary for them only makes things worse.

They also do not know how to meditate or self-inquire, or that this is even an option.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My #1 priority will be surrendering of the mind

godspeed

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My #1 priority will be surrendering of the mind and maintaining contentration on the present moment.

Don’t concentrate to hard?

beware of time, it will get ya. Hehe ? 

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I've sort of stopped caring at this point about using formal techniques

??

Good luck my friend?

Dear @Leo Gura,

Best wishes to your retreat! Gonna miss you very much! 

Even though I would love to watch your YT videos and your presence on this forum, your grand undertaking dwarfs everything else. 

See you after you level up again, and share your insights with the community.

Love and hugs to you, fellow traveler.

PS yes, I'm enjoying my life the way it is and lazy to do any more work than I've been doing. So I'm just being opportunistic to wishfully think your next video would get me enlightened.

1 hour ago, Vingger said:

@Leo Gura rewiring brain is a believe

there is only this instant Leo :ph34r:

Nice insight!  Everybody has to find their own way to peace though.  All you know is you don’t yet have it.  And you’re gonna chase until you find it.  When you do find it, you’ll stop chasing.  Sometimes you have to explore a path just to see it doesn’t work the way you thought.  That leads to growth too.  Enlightenment is not linear and each person is gonna need to burn through a different path to obtain it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

And you’re gonna chase until you find it.

Yeah:)

Chase until you see the futility in it?

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

Yeah:)

Chase until you see the futility in it?

Correct.  Reality is right here right now.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Correct.  Reality is right here right now.

We just need to wash away the mud from the window per say:)

23 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Enlightenment is not linear and each person is gonna need to burn through a different path to obtain it.

Although this is not absolutely correct. But to one that had to follow a path it was for them. 

For me I just resisted until I found the futility in that. Saw that escape by means of psychological time was futile. And it was ended. All at once. No process. Unless the process was 32 years of resistance. 

Unless my path was that resistance. Lolol 

Edited by Faceless

20 hours ago, Faceless said:

Although this is not absolutely correct. But to one that had to follow a path it was for them. 

For me I just resisted until I found the futility in that. Saw that escape by means of psychological time was futile. And it was ended. All at once. No process. Unless the process was 32 years of resistance. 

Unless my path was that resistance. Lolol 

Reality hides in plain sight.  The more conceptual you are, the more you have to deprogram from conceptual-truth to find it — and then ultimately be it.  There’s a personal transformation that accompanies this.  It’s like looking all over for a pair of glasses that have been placed backwards on your head.  Reality hides in plain sight.  It’s tricky.  Using psychedelics especially LSD helped me see the obvious, as I’m a pretty conceptual person too.  Sometimes you’re so smart, your brain leaks out of your head — and this definitely applies to Enlightenment!   Leo’s gonna conduct his experiment and tell us his results.  I get it.  Go for it!  Explore!  That’s what I’m all about.  I say go for it Leo! — full tilt!  See what happens.  Until you do it, it’s just speculation.  After you do it, you’ll know something.  And that will be a notch in your belt — an item to be placed in your shore of reference.  Science is all about exploration and seeing and testing stuff for yourself.  Science doesn’t just sit back and rely on complascent and lazy speculation — Science actually goes out here and sees for itself!  I love that approach and attitude to everything, including Enlightenment.  Be an explorer! Then come back and give us a report on your findings.  How could that be a bad thing?  Think about it.  It’s a great thing.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Reality hides in plain sight.

Exactly

The more conceptual you are, the more you have to reprogram from conceptual-truth to find it

Or deprogram?

By a holistic perception of  “seeing the whole” thought/the conceptual, ceases and what remains is truth. 

There’s a personal transformation that accompanies this.

Yeah from the personal to impersonal hehe. A ceasing of time...or a cessation of the center?

Edited by Faceless

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Just to be clear, I will not be sitting still the whole time like the story of the Buddha. In fact, I am sort of over the whole Zen formal sitting thing. I do not care how I sit or if I move.

My #1 priority will be surrendering of the mind and maintaining contentration on the present moment.

I've sort of stopped caring at this point about using formal techniques. I just sit and focus on the immediate present moment and the fact that consciousness is happening.

I will also be doing lots of 5-MeO to definitively demonstrate its permanent enlightenment potential.

My goal is to show that 5-MeO is the best tool for awakening, along with just sitting and surrendering. I want to demonstrate that 5-MeO can permanently rewire the "brain". It was already done so for me, but now we will take it to the next level.

I want to accomplish what the Buddha accomplished, but using 5-MeO. Or to show that it isn't possible.

Good that you stopped caring about formal sitting. It is not about formality but about the presence. I can do it when walking, running and etc. at this point. Careful with trying too hard to achieve smth - even trying to surrender. Your worst enemy is desire to be Enlightened as fk.... That is HUUUUUUUUGE trap! I am amazed how you don't battle that or at least I don't see that you do. 

Edited by egoless

24 minutes ago, egoless said:

Good that you stopped caring about formal sitting. It is not about formality but about the presence. I can do it when walking, running and etc. at this point. Careful with trying too hard to achieve smth - even trying to surrender. Your worst enemy is desire to be Enlightened as fk.... That is HUUUUUUUUGE trap! I am amazed how you don't battle that or at least I don't see that you do. 

I meditate lying in bed.  30 mins each morning of do nothing meditation.  It’s not about all the formal BS.   

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I meditate lying in bed.  30 mins each morning of do nothing meditation.  It’s not about all the formal BS.

careful with that. Meditating while lying may quickly turn into relaxation as it is so easy to fall asleep or half asleep.

15 minutes ago, egoless said:

careful with that. Meditating while lying may quickly turn into relaxation as it is so easy to fall asleep or half asleep.

I agree with that.  My point is that form is just window-dressing in this work.  Can you rest as Awareness? Whether you think in terms of form will not help you there!  I can rest as Awareness all the time!  In a sense, I’m always meditating.  So, form is irrelevant to me.  Form is a distraction frankly.  There is no mechanical way to Enlightenment.  Enlightenment is simply BE-ing reality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor