Sweetest

No brain

34 posts in this topic

Just now, Nahm said:

Kind of an oxymoron..? 

Yeah, it is... I think the oxymoron begins when someone believes that there's something called matter, Lol...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Just now, Nahm said:

@abrakamowse Ya. Whoever named it was clever af, as it doesn’t matter. ?

hahaha... 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

"[Reality] is a hallucination hallucinated by a hallucination."

-- Douglas Hofstadter

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

abrakamowse  thank you... brilliant...absolutely brilliant.

i was trying to express my thoughts...in as humblly of a way possible.

haven't see vid for a while... spectacular

peace and love brother

abrakamowse spectacular... saw video a long time ago.. has very new meaning thank you so much for sharing.

peace and love to you brother

This is kind of a naive way to put it but imagine consciousness being this invisible barrier of "nothingness" spread infinitely wide across all directions and dimensions, where ever there is interaction that "nothingness" is the witness. The brain/mind is where separation happens because the mind is the thing that keeps account of memory and uses logic such as "past, present and future".

So in theory you can say that the human body is a biological robot and consciousness is stealing all the witnessed perceptions, IT is the interaction of the two objects.

Awareness is aware in of itself, just like how the sun emits light by itself. The body will die but consciousness won't, it's there forever stealing interactions from all forms.

But you need to be careful with interpreting Leo's words because him saying "no brain, nothing exists" can come across as extremely nihilistic.

Nothing is real, but everything is real at the same time, define real? what is real?

Sciences already says that the foundation of everything is nothingness, the more you zoom into a particle or atom the more its "nothingness" there isn't anything there!

And Yet here we are.... experiencing a human experience, so again, define what is real?

We are in a dream, as a dream character we pointing at the sun and saying the sun is real because its there, forgetting it’s all a dream, and yet there is such a thing as the dream taking place in the first place.

So when this body dies and consciousness re-joins itself there is no "this world", "this time", "this history" or "these people". To consider this reality as "real" is to consider all other possible realities as "real", it's only real because you're experiencing it right now... for now...

As for saying there is no brain it doesn't make much sense to me, the brain is the receptor to consciousness, once the brain shuts down during sleep you lose all conscious experience of this body even tho the body is doing it's own thing, such as breathing, healing, disgesting etc.

If you cut a receptor in the brain such as a pain nervous system then neither the body or consciousness can experience pain and therefore you can cut your limbs off and dissect your own body without a care in the world, and as Sadhguru if people didn't have pain in the body they would start to pull out their intestines and swing it around for fun :D

Edited by blazed

10 hours ago, Sweetest said:

abrakamowse spectacular... saw video a long time ago.. has very new meaning thank you so much for sharing.

You are very welcome. If it is hard for you (as it still is for me) to deconstruct the belief about matter being real, watch more stuff about quantum physics, Leo's videos about that are really good. And read about Niels Bohr.

He actually said (and he was a hardcore scientist) in fact, he had to admit about matter this: "Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real."

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/niels_bohr 

Edited by abrakamowse

On 4/29/2018 at 3:38 PM, Sweetest said:

The issue I have with "No brain " and pure self is if I drink a beer it should have no effect on anything. But it does. And so do drugs. 

Ram Dass reflects on conscientiously dosing 'Neem Karoli Baba' with LSD

In 1967 when I first came to India, I brought with me a supply of LSD, hoping to find someone who might understand more about these substances than we did in the West.

When I had met Maharajji (Neem Karoli Baba), after some days the thought had crossed my mind that he would be a perfect person to ask. The next day after having that thought, I was called to him and he asked me immediately, “Do you have a question?”

Of course, being before him was such a powerful experience that I had completely forgotten the question I had had in my mind the night before. So I looked stupid and said, “No, Maharajji, I have no question.”He appeared irritated and said, “Where is the medicine?”

I was confused but Bhagavan Dass suggested, ” Maybe he means the LSD.” I asked and Maharajji nodded. The bottle of LSD was in the car and I was sent to fetch it. When I returned I emptied the vial of pills into my hand. In addition to the LSD there were a number of other pills for this and that–diarrhea, fever, a sleeping pill, and so forth. He asked about each of these.

He asked if they gave powers. I didn’t understand at the time and thought that by “powers” perhaps he meant physical strength. I said, “No.” Later, of course, I came to understand that the word he had used, “siddhis,” means psychic powers. Then he held out his hand for the LSD. I put one pill on his palm. Each of these pills was about three hundred micrograms of very pure LSD–a solid dose for an adult. He beckoned for more, so I put a second pill in his hand–six hundred micrograms. Again he beckoned and I added yet another, making the total dosage nine hundred micrograms–certainly not a dose for beginners. Then he threw all the pills into his mouth. My reaction was one of shock mixed with fascination of a social scientist eager to see what would happen.

He allowed me to stay for an hour– and nothing happened. Nothing whatsoever.

He just laughed at me.

The whole thing had happened very fast and unexpectedly. When I returned to the United States in 1968 I told many people about this acid feat. But there had remained in me a gnawing doubt that perhaps he had been putting me on and had thrown the pills over his shoulder or palmed them, because I hadn’t actually seen them go into his mouth.

Three years later, when I was back in India, he asked me one day, “Did you give me medicine when you were in India last time?”

“Yes.”

“Did I take it?” he asked. (Ah, there was my doubt made manifest!)

“I think you did.”

“What happened?

“Nothing.”

“Oh! Jao!” and he sent me off for the evening.

The next morning I was called over to the porch in front of his room, where he sat in the mornings on a tucket. He asked, “Have you got any more of that medicine?”

It just so happened that I was carrying a small supply of LSD for “just in case,” and this was obviously it. “Yes.”

“Get it,” he said.

So I did. In the bottle were five pills of three hundred micrograms each. One of the pills was broken. I placed them on my palm and held them out to him. He took the four unbroken pills. Then, one by one, very obviously and very deliberately, he placed each one in his mouth and swallowed it– another unspoken thought of mine now answered.

As soon as he had swallowed the last one, he asked, “Can I take water?”

“Yes.”

“Hot or cold?”

“It doesn’t matter.”

He started yelling for water and drank a cup when it was brought.

Then he asked, “How long will it take to act?”

“Anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour.”

He called for an older man, a long -time devotee who had a watch, and Maharajji held the man’s wrist, often pulling it up to him to peer at the watch.

Then he asked,” Will it make me crazy?”

That seemed so bizarre to me that I could only go along with what seemed to be a gag.

So I said, “Probably.”

And then we waited. After some time he pulled the blanket over his face, and when he came out after a moment his eyes were rolling and his mouth was ajar and he looked totally mad. I got upset. What was happening? Had I misjudged his powers? After all, he was an old man (though how old I had no idea), and I had let him take twelve hundred micrograms. Maybe last time he had thrown them away and then he read my mind and was trying to prove to me he could do it, not realizing how strong the “medicine” really was. Guilt and anxiety poured through me. But when I looked at him again he was perfectly normal and looking at the watch.

At the end of an hour it was obvious nothing had happened. His reactions had been a total put-on. And then he asked, “Have you got anything stronger?” I didn’t. Then he said, “These medicines were used in Kullu Valley long ago. But yogis have lost that knowledge. They were used with fasting. Nobody knows now. To take them with no effect, your mind must be firmly fixed on God.

On 5/1/2018 at 2:22 AM, Sweetest said:

You are welcome! Glad to be of help!

:-)

Note: I didn't see that I already responded to you hehehe... here it is my response again.

:-P

Edited by abrakamowse

@Sweetest As Leo said in his video all this proves is that an appearance is is changing another appearance inside experience 

4 minutes ago, metwinn said:

@Sweetest As Leo said in his video all this proves is that an appearance is is changing another appearance inside experience 

It doesn't even prove that much.

Technically all it proves is that two appearances are changing in sync with one another.

Cause & effect is a total illusion. Nothing causes anything else. There is an infinite tangle of co-arising phenomena. It's nonlinear, so the logical mind can never fully untangle it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Someone's answer depends on what "perspective" they are answering from, in the moment they give their answer.  From the perspective of awareness, all this is illusion/dream, but from the "apparent" persons perspective, it's all very "real", even if "ultimately" illusion.

You can say all day long that there is no brain, but if you're kid is diagnosed with brain cancer and needs brain surgery and radiation, it may become more real for you, as you have to toggle back and forth between "both" perspectives.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?