Taking a walk, thinking

Dont tell me this is normal

I feel you.

I don't know how to change it either...

10 minutes ago, Annica said:

I feel you.

I don't know how to change it either...

At least we are trapped together

Unless it's more ruminating, in which case it's more of an unconscious process, perhaps.

In my case:

About Self-Actualization, how I am doing the opposite of it, how I am wasting my privileges and how I am too weak to change it. Simultaneously, how this is a ridiculous thought to think and that I should just act. But all this mental noise makes it impossible to get clearity and focus on one thing.

I feel like I have thought through the issue 100 times and I also have great ideas about how to change it. The action aspect is lacking though.

I am working my way out slowly though.

I will now do some university work.

7 minutes ago, Annica said:

I feel like I have thought through the issue 100 times and I also have great ideas about how to change it. The action aspect is lacking though.

I have done more action than thinking and I still havent reached the place I want to be

I am thinking all the time as well. But, I realized that it's not the thinking that's the problem, but the identification with thoughts. As Byron Katie once said: I try to stop my thoughts and here they come, and here they come, and here they come... I do not know if it is possible (for me) to stop thinking whatsoever, but I am becoming more and more detached from the thoughts. I keep a distance so they do not influence me that much any more. 

Try listening to this video tape:

Have a great night Ether!

Edited by LiakosN

You've slept a hundred nights, And what has it brought you? For your self, for your God, Wake up! Wake up! Sleep no more.

if you don't want to see, pluck out the eyes

if you don't want to hear, destroy your tympanum

if you don't want to smell, take your nose away

if you don't want to feel, rip off your skin

if you don't want to taste, cut your tongue off

if you don't want to think, crush your brain

unborn Truth

Keep doing things that put you in a meditative/mindfulness state. Focus on one thing at a time, practice being in the moment, just looking around as if its the first time you see the world. Soon as you catch yourself thinking, breath and go back to looking and just being.

The book the power of now can help a lot with this. The more you practice just being the less thoughts will arise.

If you spend most of your day watching tv or social media or doing more modern social activities then self work/solitude activities then its quite obvious why. We need to completely shift to where we want to be to actually be there more permanently.

Doing 20% good and 80% bad will not help, at least try 50/50 to notice something then once you notice it will give you passion to do more.

B R E A T H E

remember:

if you can kill yourself, that means that you can change what 4th dimensional line (time) in a 5th dimensional field (all possible futures for you)

So if you can do that, means you can change to other lines too, chose the one you want and go for it, you will probably never reach 100%, but I guarantee, if you hit anything above 60% of it, you will start thinking more positive.

Think about your mind a pool that you are in, half of your body is inside, and half is outside where you can breathe, when you can breathe without any great effort, you can enjoy the calmness that floating in water creates, right now I see you inside the water and time to time you go up to breathe, this means you are not going where you want to, your 4th dimensional line is not where you are, you need to change something in your life that is making you that way

Sit down for 5 minutes each day, preferably first thing in the morning as it'll be easiest to do it and it'll impact the rest of your day, and make it your intention to write about something from a completely positive perspective. Whether it's coming up with positive reasons for why writing positively will help you, or writing about a recent or not-so-recent accomplishment, or even literally about why the colour of your walls is so good. Even if it seems silly, do it, in fact that might help because being silly will put you in a good mood and make it easier to think more positively. Even if in your head you're coming up with reasons for why what you're writing is false, just continue doing it. Start exercising your positivity muscle.

Do this every single day for the next 6 months and I'll be very surprised if you haven't seen improvement. If you want you can also extend the time you do this for as time goes on. But start small, just do the bare minimum until it's easy, then jump up a level. This may take a long time so don't get discouraged, like I said the entire time you may be saying in your head how bullshit this is. Just keep moving forward. 

Beyond that, continue meditating, eating healthy, going to the gym, etc, etc. All those things will make it far easier to think positively. Also check out Leo's video, "How to Stop Being a Victim - Part 1." It'll help a lot.

Hi Ether. Build a solid meditation foundation. It will change-your-life. I've seen benefits in many other areas apart from this one. You can take a virtual class (hackself.org) or in person (tm.org)

@Ether thoughts will always be present. You just have to take the view that most thoughts are bullshit with no substance to them. Seen that way you become dispassionate about them when they arise and they will not bother you the way the bothered you in the past 

43 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Ether It’s typical. Thank God. 

Are you the thoughts, or are you what’s aware of the thoughts?

Humn, how can I be a piece of a fragment of an area of my imaginary imagination?

@Ether

From the book "The Tools"

Paraphrased: "Gratitude is the solution to out of control negative thinking, it will reframe all of your thoughts. It works better than you may think".

Try listening to this daily. 

The kingdom of heaven is within.

52 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Ether So you understand it.   When you realize it, there will be no more monkey mind. 

Sike.

@Nahm I did meditation consistently but I wasnt completly focused and giving my all.

I changed that. Plus im doing it consistently.