DMM710

Should I call off my mushroom trip?

18 posts in this topic

I was going to try mushrooms within the next week or 2. After reading some of Leo’s comments in a different topic, I’m kind of afraid now. Not really trying to get PTSD from mushrooms..

Would it be best to start with something else? (LSD or AL-LAD I’m assuming, but which one in your opinion, and why?) 

Also if you’ve had a bad trip on mushrooms; what was your mood/setting/preparation like?

Current plan:

Be in a good mood

Cut out stimulation a week before hand and increase meditation length

Clean house/food made etc

Have some nostalgic video game music on tap Incase the experience turns dark

1-2 hours of meditation before taking them

start with 1-1.5g

I’m kind of afraid now though. I do have social anxiety and I don’t want another psychological issue from something I’m hoping will help with my current one.

Edited by DMM710
PTSD******

You will be fine, take max 3g if you are really anxious and afraid.

what are you afraid of? the only thing you can be afraid of is truth.

Have a sitter who has experience with it if you're unsure.

Are you an anxious fearful person in general?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

13 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Are you an anxious fearful person in general?

24 minutes ago, Viking said:

what are you afraid of? the only thing you can be afraid of is truth.

Yea like I said I have social anxiety. I’m not afraid of emotions;  I have zero depression or anxiety alone with my thoughts. I’m afraid of “mushrooms having highest potential to cause hairy trips”

As for what exactly I’m afraid of? I have no idea, because I don’t have any experience tripping.

I’m pretty familiar with no self/non duality/beliefs/thoughts. Like if it’s just an emotional thing I think I could deal with it, but if it’s like being stabbed in the neck over and over or something.. Idk. 

I’m gonna do the 1-1.5 but idk if im gonna go for the larger doses 

Edited by DMM710

@DMM710 if you are a person who easily gets fear/anxiety i wouldnt do it get rid of that first 

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

First trips usually be great and positive just take responsibility

6 hours ago, DMM710 said:

I was going to try mushrooms within the next week or 2. After reading some of Leo’s comments in a different topic, I’m kind of afraid now. Not really trying to get PST from mushrooms..

Would it be best to start with something else? (LSD or AL-LAD I’m assuming, but which one in your opinion, and why?) 

Also if you’ve had a bad trip on mushrooms; what was your mood/setting/preparation like?

Current plan:

Be in a good mood

Cut out stimulation a week before hand and increase meditation length

Clean house/food made etc

Have some nostalgic video game music on tap Incase the experience turns dark

1-2 hours of meditation before taking them

start with 1-1.5g

I’m kind of afraid now though. I do have social anxiety and I don’t want another psychological issue from something I’m hoping will help with my current one.

You will be more than fine. You sound like you already know what you are doing.

I did 2 grams for my first trip, could have easily done more, it was a very nice introduction trip. I have never done heavy dose (3.5 grams max) and never had bad trips or bad times. I can see that in larger doses that could happen. 

You will not trip you´re balls of from 1,5-2 grams. Mushrooms have never given me any bad feelings or terror, unlike weed. Many of my friends say the same thing.

By the way i thought i would trip tomorrow also. 

I only trip 1-5 times a year, it has been a long time since the last one.

1g should be fine.

Mushrooms are awesome when you do them right.

Even 1g will be the coolest experience of your life, if this is your first time doing psychedelics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@DMM710 1g is a good amount to start. Make tea, don’t eat them. I’d write “Let go, surrender” on a piece of paper and have it around. You’re not going to feel any “stabbing in the neck” stuff. You might have an intense confusion feeling, and the piece of paper will remind you to breath, relax, and let go. Just sit back and let the medicine show you some truth. ❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

no, you'll be okay dude. you've got a recipe for a good time there.

ps. it's natural to feel a little anxious on the day and/or when you take them and wait for them to kick in - so you don't need to worry about being worried either. There's a tendency to become anxious about the fact that you're anxious... totally normal. 

Edited by Arman

You'll be fine. Have your favourite music ready, I experienced synthesesia my first trip and I could feel the music in my ears, was really cool. Looks like you've prepared for this so you should have nothing to fear. It's always scary when you try something new but if you have good preparation and good intentions you will have a good time. The shrooms amplify what is already inside you, enjoy it and I hope you find some new knowledge (you will).

I have social anxiety too, I much prefer to take shrooms alone. Shrooms intensify your emotions so if you are anxious you will feel very anxious. But don't fear it, they won't kill you and you will definitely get something from the experience

Edited by karmalan

@DMM710 I guess that was in the topic with my trip report. hahaha I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare you ;) I've already had some pretty deep experiences on psychedelics, that was my third ego-death experience. and I never took really high doses. those 3g of shrooms were also extremely dry and a potent strand, so I guess the psilocybin concentration was a little higher than for usual 3g. also, I'm a 1,50 m short girl, so I guess the average person can handle quite a bit more. (even though it mostly depends on different liver enzyme expression and of course the foundation, ground level awareness and such) so long story short: don't be afraid, go for it. 1g will be very pleasant and pretty cool. :)

Nahm's suggestion with the surrender note is gold. I used it this time, I wrote don't worry, you're tripping. all is well. surrender, surrender <3 on different sheets of paper and sticked them on walls/doors. it really helped me! because surrender really is the key to a heavenly trip. it's normal to forget it and to get sucked into all kinds of fears and stuff. those notes which remind you to surrender are pure gold :)

have fun and I'm looking forward to hear about your experience <3

whatever arises, love that

just for clarity, lsd is much more intense and less soft then shrooms, in my experience

don't go taking lsd expecting a softer trip then shroomz

shroomz are good, you can easily dose it, take a tiny tiny amount

and up the dose each time, taking a weebit

its perfect against fear, you can comfortably dose it

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@DMM710

I also read Leo's comment on that and I understand that this frightens you. I personally started my psychedelic journey with shrooms and did it 3x now (1,2 & 4g of dried mushrooms on an empty stomach). The effects of the 1g dosage were mild visual distortions, the body felt a little different and physical sensations were intensified. There also were slight changes in the way thoughts arised in the mind. However, I was perfectly aware that this was due to the mushrooms and at this dose I did not felt like not having "control" as used to. So for me, I could not think of that dose really leading to anxiety.

With the 4g dose you really feel how the mushrooms take control of the "space" that seems so familiarly filled with your internal voice and dialogue, but, as the onset is not that harsh and a punsh in the face like with other substances I felt able to be "pushed" towards letting go. That trip was extremely profound and insightful and being in that state I somehow felt beyond "bad" or "good". I was just being in the flow.

So I really think your plan sounds good and you will be finde starting out with 1g :)

On 4/27/2018 at 6:41 PM, Nahm said:

@DMM710 1g is a good amount to start. Make tea, don’t eat them. I’d write “Let go, surrender” on a piece of paper and have it around. You’re not going to feel any “stabbing in the neck” stuff. You might have an intense confusion feeling, and the piece of paper will remind you to breath, relax, and let go. Just sit back and let the medicine show you some truth. ❤️

Thank you man. That’s some good advice. I was also going to do one to remind myself that I’m tripping and that it’ll pass or something.

16 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

@DMM710 I guess that was in the topic with my trip report. hahaha I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare you ;) I've already had some pretty deep experiences on psychedelics, that was my third ego-death experience. and I never took really high doses. those 3g of shrooms were also extremely dry and a potent strand, so I guess the psilocybin concentration was a little higher than for usual 3g. also, I'm a 1,50 m short girl, so I guess the average person can handle quite a bit more. (even though it mostly depends on different liver enzyme expression and of course the foundation, ground level awareness and such) so long story short: don't be afraid, go for it. 1g will be very pleasant and pretty cool. :)

Nahm's suggestion with the surrender note is gold. I used it this time, I wrote don't worry, you're tripping. all is well. surrender, surrender <3 on different sheets of paper and sticked them on walls/doors. it really helped me! because surrender really is the key to a heavenly trip. it's normal to forget it and to get sucked into all kinds of fears and stuff. those notes which remind you to surrender are pure gold :)

have fun and I'm looking forward to hear about your experience <3

Naaa you’re good. It’s nice to hear the good and the bad side of what can happen. I’ll be sure to share the experience :)

On 4/27/2018 at 7:30 PM, karmalan said:

You'll be fine. Have your favourite music ready, I experienced synthesesia my first trip and I could feel the music in my ears, was really cool. Looks like you've prepared for this so you should have nothing to fear. It's always scary when you try something new but if you have good preparation and good intentions you will have a good time. The shrooms amplify what is already inside you, enjoy it and I hope you find some new knowledge (you will).

I have social anxiety too, I much prefer to take shrooms alone. Shrooms intensify your emotions so if you are anxious you will feel very anxious. But don't fear it, they won't kill you and you will definitely get something from the experience

Thanks dude.

-

And thank you everyone else, tons of good advice in here. I’ll probably check this post out again before my trip if I get nervous, but I’m feeling pretty good about it now.