dharm4

5-meo dmt is not the most direct way to experience reality

18 posts in this topic

I just watched leo's recent (blog) video.

First of all, I do not claim to be some kind of enlightened master (far from it).

I had some deep experiences and I just want to comment on leo's recent insights. Some of them deeply resonate with me, but in the end these are just words...

I think one insight he gets wrong is the idea that any of the circumstances had anything to do with his insights. They did not. Not the 5-meo DMT, technique, nor the location and not the intend.

If you want to experience "direct reality", "what is" or "the absolute" you have to look at what is going on right now. REALLY look. Most people don't look, they just think they see something. The idea that some substance will help you see what is real, is just an illusion. If you allow yourself to see THIS right now, there are no rules. That is all it takes.

It can be magical. You can feel overwhelmed. But it can also feel mundane. Don't be fooled by your feelings. What you are seeing right now is profound!

Yes, most people don't see reality for what is it. And you will probably see this text as something you want to see. Not for what is is.

If you a sincere and truly want to understand reality, there will be nothing that stands between you and this realisation. No retreat, no drug, no video, book or method.

If you have something to comment, feel free and feel loved :-)

@dharm4 I appreciate it that you open up another possibility of experiencing reality directly. Thank you.

3 hours ago, dharm4 said:

If you want to experience "direct reality", "what is" or "the absolute" you have to look at what is going on right now. REALLY look. Most people don't look, they just think they see something. The idea that some substance will help you see what is real, is just an illusion. If you allow yourself to see THIS right now, there are no rules. That is all it takes.

Any advice on how to do this type of really seeing, @dharm4?

yeah but you can't deny the helpful effects psychedelics have. I think Leo is pointing towards the fact that 5-meo is the most helpful tool to directly experience reality. I agree that you don't need psychedelics, but psychedelics will straight up blow your mind and there's no stopping it. 

It can take a year or two just to get good at meditation and experiential understanding of the process; whereas psychedelics will immediately, without a doubt, take you there.

@dharm4 and for the ability to see RIGHT NOW, you first need to have no monkey mind going on, an appreciation and open mindedness to the subtle, a thorough knowledge and experiential understanding of what awareness or the NOW feels like, no neurosis, no attachments to prejudiced or opinions, and a bunch of other things.

You're underestimating the massive influence your state of being plays a role in this.

If it was that simple, everyone would be enlightened. The inability to see reality RIGHT NOW is because of not ingesting dmt, etc. 

@Maycol

End time?

Psychological time that is. For me I had suffered and suffered. Didn’t cultivate time to achieve truth ‘what is’..Just saw the movement that prevented ‘what is’ form being directly experienced. Volition the static movement of time. 

So I suffered so much that I stoped even desiring not to suffer. And just sat out in the forest when all of a sudden I got thisperception that revealed that the whole movement of psychological time was responsible for this barrier between freedom. Once I saw the falseness of this whole movement that was it, I ended it. 

Then once I was free I relaized the truth about self, reality, truth instantly. 

Only later, recently I have been discovering what happened and am still inquiring as this interest me very much. 

So to me this doesn’t depend on time. It can happen at any moment. You just have to see the significance that psychological time plays in escaping what is. 

This may be worth exploring. 

Edited by Faceless

Crazy what can happen when the psychological movement of volition/demand cease 9_9

8 hours ago, Faceless said:

Just saw the movement that prevented ‘what is’ form being directly experienced.

What is that movement? Thoughts?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

The movement of fear determining another movement. 

Lol 

@dharm4 I absolutely agree with you and this is exactly how I became conscious of reality. Without any substances. 

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

The movement of fear determining another movement. 

Lol 

Fear sucks! Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

7 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Fear sucks! Lol

The illusion of fear does suck. Hehe

This is what all the masters say, just be "present" but what should the average western person do with this information? Maybe it looks like that from the perspective of the enlightened, but what should I do now? Substances at least are a straight forward way to do this work, you take it and watch.

21 hours ago, dharm4 said:

I just watched leo's recent (blog) video.

First of all, I do not claim to be some kind of enlightened master (far from it).

I had some deep experiences and I just want to comment on leo's recent insights. Some of them deeply resonate with me, but in the end these are just words...

I think one insight he gets wrong is the idea that any of the circumstances had anything to do with his insights. They did not. Not the 5-meo DMT, technique, nor the location and not the intend.

It can be magical. You can feel overwhelmed. But it can also feel mundane. Don't be fooled by your feelings. What you are seeing right now is profound!

Yes, most people don't see reality for what is it. And you will probably see this text as something you want to see. Not for what is is.

If you a sincere and truly want to understand reality, there will be nothing that stands between you and this realisation. No retreat, no drug, no video, book or method.

If you have something to comment, feel free and feel loved :-)

Thank you for this. 

After smoking a very high dose of actual DMT, I am certain I reached the state of enlightenment. After this experience i researched a lot of Hindu and Buddhist gurus and their version was described exactly as my own experience. I've now started studying about Hinduism and Buddhism trying to find the right path to get to this state through meditation so I can learn how to avoid rebirth

13 hours ago, Faceless said:

@Maycol

End time?

Psychological time that is. For me I had suffered and suffered. Didn’t cultivate time to achieve truth ‘what is’..Just saw the movement that prevented ‘what is’ form being directly experienced. Volition the static movement of time. 

So I suffered so much that I stoped even desiring not to suffer. And just sat out in the forest when all of a sudden I got thisperception that revealed that the whole movement of psychological time was responsible for this barrier between freedom. Once I saw the falseness of this whole movement that was it, I ended it. 

Then once I was free I relaized the truth about self, reality, truth instantly. 

Only later, recently I have been discovering what happened and am still inquiring as this interest me very much. 

So to me this doesn’t depend on time. It can happen at any moment. You just have to see the significance that psychological time plays in escaping what is. 

This may be worth exploring. 

would you say that time was necessary to accumulate suffering so that you could be ripe for the insight?

24 minutes ago, robdl said:

would you say that time was necessary to accumulate suffering so that you could be ripe for the insight?

Psychologically time is suffering so yes, at least thats what I went through. That’s where I seemed to get my passion to face it without running away. I feel that i let go of fighting the suffering as I seen that that was itself the root of suffering. I saw that the movement away from the fact caused suffering. So then their was a holistic action not born of time that ended time. 

Anyway this perception was the action away from that pattern. Not cultivating time to be free of time, but seeing the truth of time brought about an action of intelligence ‘wholeness’ not influenced by the movement of psychological time. The perception and the action all in one. It wasn’t perception and then gradual ‘time’ then action, as that implies thought ‘time’... in order for time to end the action away from time must be whole. All actions influenced by the stream of thought/volition/time remain bound by time. 

At least this is my experience. ?

Edited by Faceless

@dharm4 What was your experience of 5MEO like? Also, “I had some deep experiences” - what kind of experiences? What determinations have you made between the deep experiences you had, and the negation of other expansive experiences like “retreat, no drug, no video, book or method.”

Thanks in advance for your willingness to share, if so.  I haven’t tried it and am curious.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE