Xin

No results w/ meditation

35 posts in this topic

@Xin I was more curious about what you do when for example thoughts arise. Many people just sit and think about random things, but that's not it. It's not also trying uber hard to still the mind. It will happen automatically when you "do the right thing".

Possible results? Moments of intense, focused, uniterrupted concentration. Mystical experiences and Samadhis. Clear mind, when you stop and notice the lack of thoughts spontaneusly throughout the day.  Random existential insights. Noticing things beyond thoughts and common senses. Overall more enjoyment from every activity like eating, walking, etc.

If after a year you have none of that, then it's wise to either improve the practice or do it more often and more consistently.

With sitting meditation the thing is to do it as much as you humanly can. If you don't have too much time, then I recommend switching to some kind of yoga or taking holidays and doing a retreat.

Psychedelics are also an option, but I am not sure if they are a path for everyone. I am actually very curious about the results of the current Leo's 30 day retreat. If that doesn't work then I will reevaluate their long-term value for myself. Yoga seems to be the most solid way.

@Xin

Make sure you listen to this piece of advice very carefully.

Why are you meditating? If you have a reason to meditate then you wont get any results with your practice.

If you have a goal or state you're trying to achieve, then the best you are doing is wasting time and fresh air that someone else could use.

If you loose your desire for getting results, for being in a perfect state of mind, yet you still meditate out of instinct, then that is what getting results looks like. (don't make this a goal, god can see right through the games you play)

Only when you are able to meditate for the sake of meditation, without any goal, or reason, you are meditating correctly.

The reason why you aren't getting any results is precisely because you're looking for results.

You meditate out of instinct, like breathing, and when you are fully free from looking for results, that's when you know you are getting results.

If you can't do that, then you are not ready for god to reveal himself to you.

Edited by electroBeam

@eskwire like i said , not much changes , maybe im more in control of my emotions.

thanks for the suggestion but im going to carry on meditating for 20 minutes for about another year or so until im in college and then maybe up it to 60+ mins 

@Girzo thanks , never done yoga before, guess I'll have to watch leos video on it

@electroBeam man that really opened my eyes , i guess i need to let go of results, thanks B|

1 hour ago, Xin said:

@eskwire like i said , not much changes , maybe im more in control of my emotions.

thanks for the suggestion but im going to carry on meditating for 20 minutes for about another year or so until im in college and then maybe up it to 60+ mins 

lmao you must be kidding, you think you will have more free time in college than in highschool?

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Since when are there supposed to be results with meditation?

Since always. How else can you know that you are doing the right thing and not just sitting on a butt from laziness?

The reason for meditation is the Truth, not joyfulness, concentration, peace, etc., I get it. But it doesn't mean that those things can't come up from the practice. Something will come up, you can't know what, but something will. If someone is not getting any results, doesn't notice any change in himself during practice, then I bet my money, 99% chance that person is doing something wrong or not really meditating.

There's a reason why only a few are Enlightened masters.

It might be enough.

Meditation is a process to become one with everything. You can't do that part by part. Infinity is way too vast to consume it that way, you have to swallow it all at once, so in a sense I understand this approach of disregarding every other outcome than pure Enlightenment, but for how many has it worked that way?

Not so many, most people will experience biegger or smaller breakthroughs throughout their practice, if they do it the way it should be done.

11 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Meditation is a process to become one with everything.

Says who?

Me? I am not sure what you are trying to point to.

What is meditation for you, @Toby ?

@Xin sitting meditation is like learning to ride a bike with the training wheels on, you should also try to be mindful of everything you do during the day

every step you take try to be mindful of everything going on be mindful of the contact your feet makes with the ground, your breathing be mindful of sensory inputs coming in. Meditation does not end when you stand up from your sitting meditation session. I believe that every  breath we take is an opportunity to practice our mindfulness

If you practise this way you should see results more quickly

Edited by Buddha Jackson

where did leo talk about strong determination meditation technique ?

can someone link please :)

also i am on the same boat, started meditating consistently last year for about 6-7months, then i stopped because i got lazy and i felt like i wasnt doing it the right way because i felt no difference.

Just now, lostmedstudent said:

where did leo talk about strong determination meditation technique ?

can someone link please :)

also i am on the same boat, started meditating consistently last year for about 6-7months, then i stopped because i got lazy and i felt like i wasnt doing it the right way because i felt no difference.