Ether

Why Doesnt God Exist?

169 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Ether said:

Go ahead

@EtherFirst, you need to define "god". 

Are you referring to a large primate-like, petty, angry deity that obsesses about potential genital misuse of a specific species of apes on a nondescript planet or do you mean more of a god of spinoza/consciousness of the universe type?

8 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Wrong...

It's not possible for something finite to be inside of something infinite. Because the space that the finite object is occupying in the infinite space will make the infinite finite. Now there's two finite elements, one bigger than the other and the bigger one containing the smaller one.

It's not possible, something infinite must contain everything. 

One thing I will tell you is that the God that most religion talk, is not true. 

Yes, what i meant is that the finite is apart of the infinite.

8 minutes ago, egoless said:

Maybe there is no real distinction between red and green? What if you already have “found” it? 

You can believe a pen is a chair all your life ^_^

Because god is nothing.

*mind explodes*

"Move and the way will open."
– Zen Proverb

Just now, Ether said:

Yes, what i meant is that the finite is apart of the infinite.

But who makes the separation between parts?

:P

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

That's what happens in real life to most of us "human beings"

O.o

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse "But who makes the separation between parts?"

Sorry?

"That's what happens in real life to most of us "human beings""

In different contexts, yes.

We can believe we are successful people all our lives.

2 minutes ago, zenjen said:

Because god is nothing.

*mind explodes*

It's nothing and everything ... you have the key @zenjen  God exists and doesn't exist at the same time!!!!!

Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

1 minute ago, Ether said:

@abrakamowse "But who makes the separation between parts?"

Sorry?

I meant, if something finite is inside something infinite... who says what part is finite? Where the finite ends and the infinite begins? 

Who says that this part (a chair for example) is separated from the rest of the world?

5 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I meant, if something finite is inside something infinite... who says what part is finite? Where the finite ends and the infinite begins? 

Who says that this part (a chair for example) is separated from the rest of the world?

I havent completly understood infinity, so, my knowledge is not that high.

The way I see it. There is gravity, so even if you threw a chair in the air, it still would be in this world, because gravity is apart of this world.

When the chair touches the ground, it is still apart of the world.

But is it the world? I dont know.

1 hour ago, Ether said:

But is pen one thing or is it many different parts of the pen? Yet again you don't think about it that way and you just perceive it as one object... What if the whole reality is the same? ;) 

6 minutes ago, egoless said:

What if the whole reality is the same? ;) 

Prove it

10 minutes ago, Ether said:

Prove it

Why would I bother even if I could :D  

What if prove are you yourself?

2 hours ago, Ether said:

I havent completly understood infinity, so, my knowledge is not that high.

The way I see it. There is gravity, so even if you threw a chair in the air, it still would be in this world, because gravity is apart of this world.

When the chair touches the ground, it is still apart of the world.

But is it the world? I dont know.

Everything depends on how you view the world. We have different points of view about the world, that's why there's so many beliefs, different and that's why we fight each other in wars, etc... but there's something that is true that not depends on us to interpret it.

I think what @Matt8800 said about the God of Espinoza is interesting to study here:

"The following is a bit of philosophy inspired by the Dutch philospher Spinoza, modified by my own interpretation and experience:

NATURE is everything. There is mass, energy, atoms, molecules, life, thought, people, societies, galaxies and perhaps even multiple universes (pure speculation). But there is nothing outside nature, including spiritual visions and other phenomena we don't yet understand. If they exist, they are part of nature.

Spinoza asserted that for a concept of god to make any sense at all, it must simply be nature. That is, god cannot be something outside nature that controls it, but must necessarily be part of it. According to Spinoza, God IS nature. While Spinoza was excommunicated from his Jewish community in Amsterdam and condemned by Christians as well for being an atheist, he was very devoutly religious. He saw the traditional anthropomorphic (man-like) god as an abomination, completely rejecting the wonder of nature, from which life comes. To Spinoza, nature is the true expression of God. And each of us is part of it. Unfortunately, his highly technical, mathematical style of writing limited widespread appreciation of his work."

http://www.waterwind.com/spinoza.html

11 hours ago, Ether said:

Why Doesn't God Exist?

A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

God is dead, therefore man is free. Everybody is doing whatever he likes, either God is dead or he has lost control over us.

The OP is asking the wrong question. Why? Not because (non)existence isn't relative to absolute, but because there is no creator.

Oterwise, the OP is an insane postulate. Why there is (non)existence cannot be conceived.

Ether doesn't even know what isn't knowable isn't known.

Sad.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

this whole existence, including yourself, is God. 

11 hours ago, Nahm said:

God’s asking God if God exists cause God doesn’t know, cause God’s to good to be true to God. Yet God knows deep down that God knows, so God asks, and God answers with silence -

Is the silence heard yet?

If not, no problem, just keep asking. 

loving such mindfucks <3 xD

whatever arises, love that

1 hour ago, deci belle said:

The OP is asking the wrong question. Why? Not because (non)existence isn't relative to absolute, but because there is no creator.

Oterwise, the OP is an insane postulate. Why there is (non)existence cannot be conceived.

Ether doesn't even know what isn't knowable isn't known.

Sad.

You guys so say a lot of stuff with proving no evidence. *Chews imaginary popcorn*

I could say: WE ARE LIVING IN THE MATRIX!

And some of you could believe it but there is no evidence, is there?

Why Doesnt God Exist?

Why Doesn't God God?
Why Doesn't Existence Exist?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

35 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Why Doesn't God God?
Why Doesn't Existence Exist?

I see that nobody has the answers.