DMM710

Any good sources for original Christianity?

16 posts in this topic

Leo talks a lot about how Christianity was originally about enlightenment. Google is completely filled with other nonsense about spiritual awakening and other stuff. I’m having a hard time finding any sources on this.

Bill Donahue on Youtube

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@DMM710 Read the Bible and become a Christian full on for a while. Then scrap it and read the Koran and become a full on Muslim for a while.  Then scrap that and practice Buddhism.  Then scrap that and practice psychedelics.

Then you’ll experience the origin of all of that. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 hours ago, DMM710 said:

Leo talks a lot about how Christianity was originally about enlightenment. Google is completely filled with other nonsense about spiritual awakening and other stuff. I’m having a hard time finding any sources on this.

Good luck. The New Testament was written almost 100 years after Jesus died so everything that was written is hearsay from hearsay. 

I agree with Leo on a lot but I disagree on this. I dont think Christianity is any more about enlightenment than Mormonism is. Christians that became enlightened became enlightened despite Christianity, not because of. There is no reason to think otherwise.

There might be some morals to be learned from the stories but thats just as true with three little pigs and humpty dumpty.

I was raised as a Christian. Ive read the bible 7 or 8 times, almost everything by CS Lewis, etc, etc, etc in hopes of trying to substantiate why Christianity is not a fabrication. I could find nothing in over a decade of searching.

Gospel of Thomas - is the most raw version of biblical parables I know of. The most non-duality oriented from all the gospels for sure.

There is also a brilliant book by OSHO with his commentaries on this gospel called "The Mustard Seed".

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Search for the Christian Mystics. Meister Eckhart, Saint John of the Cross, St. Teresa of Avila, Saint Ignatius of Loyola... etc...

Here there's a list of some books about true Christianity

http://www.christianmystics.com/Ebooks/Christian_Mystics.html

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

3 hours ago, Ether said:

@abrakamowse Listen to this dude. He has a Jesus avatar :o

Lol... "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life"

Amen! B|

Edited by abrakamowse

In your search be humble and respect opinions of others. Learn about that thing called projection. When you read scriptures, religions or speak to people for that matter, be careful not to put your inner psychological problems on them like ancients populated the sky with constellations with meaning for them. When thing is complex, like Bible, people find lots and lots of thing in it, and many don't agree. But may be it is useful for them, hard to tell. Just keep that in mind in your research. Also keep in mind, for many people it is a dear thing.

Edited by Akim

1 hour ago, Akim said:

In your search be humble and respect opinions of others. Learn about that thing called projection. When you read scriptures, religions or speak to people for that matter, be careful not to put your inner psychological problems on them like ancients populated the sky with constellations with meaning for them. When thing is complex, like Bible, people find lots and lots of thing in it, and many don't agree. But may be it is useful for them, hard to tell. Just keep that in mind in your research. Also keep in mind, for many people it is a dear thing.

So beautifully put!

I was personally raised in the church and thought I knew everything there was to know about the Bible and the stories, until I got hit with some realities. I feel really humbled by those experiences and feel I am a better Christian for them, even though those moments were the furthest from God I hopefully ever will be. I feel the most important thing I took away from it all was to be open minded and accepting of others view points and beliefs. Just because I don't agree, doesn't mean we can't have a deep spiritual conversation and learn from each other :)

It's a tough subject to really master, but it is such a fun and enlightening ride :) (I hope I am using the word "enlightening" in the same context as you guys are)

I though this was interesting  (at 2:21)

Edited by Soulbass

The origin of Christianity have their roots into the Thracian/Geto-Dacian culture and Zalmoxianism. The Greeks, Egyptians, Romans, South American, Asian, Jews, the all have their roots into the Carpathian/Danubian/Black Sea mythology. The oldest written language also have the roots there, thousands of years before the Phoenicians.