Charlotte

WHAT THE FUCKERY!

8 posts in this topic

Last Tuesday I had surgery (was put to sleep), was very positive, very calm, rejected medications because I felt I was able to deal with the physical pain via meditation etc. Prior to surgery I was at a calm, neutral state. My levels of awareness and consciousness where higher than they'd ever been. 

2 days after surgery, my mood rapidly changed, like rapidly, up and down and everywhere, crying, angry, depressed, irritable, paranoid, cravings everything. I didn't want to leave the house. My outlook on everything at the moment has taken a radical shift for the worse. I feel like absolute shit. Total shift overnight. I still feel very emotional, angry, annoyed, depressed and negative. The fact this has come about after surgery has left me scratching my head. 

Not only that but for the first time I'm struggling to meditate.  The fact that I'm feeling resistance to Meditation and Yoga is bringing feelings of confusion. This is usually something I could do effortlessly. 

Anybody shine any light on what's going on please? 

♥️

EDIT: Been 6 days since surgery and still feeling the same. 

Edited by Charlotte

yeah that's pretty crazy. Maybe some old wounds and trauma's surfaced because of the sugery? So could be that you are actually going through a cleansing and that this will be good for you in the long run. But that's just an educated guess ;). Maybe see if you can be mindfull of everything that is happening within you?

1 hour ago, Paulus Amadeus said:

could be that you are actually going through a cleansing and that this will be good for you in the long run

I wish this was the case ??

I just summoned all my strength to get off to my regular yoga class and on returning definitely feel a slight lift in mood. 

Unfortunate I can't go out and exercise with my stitches. 

Trying to remain as mindful as possible ?

Thanks for your reply 

?

@thehero I was thinking the same thing, just because event x occurred after event y, doesn't mean y causes x to happen. Or rather just because you feel these things after surgery, doesn't mean surgery caused it. 

@thehero @Jamie Universe  I've been doing research into anesthetic and apparently it's common for people to suffer with depression/anxiety/paranoid afterwards, news to me ?

How do you usually react when you have to stay at home and recover from illness? I find that the loneliness of it is enough to tip me over into all kinds of trouble. So maybe loneliness + breaking your routine + the pain from the surgery are triggery and wearing you out. Not weird. 

Thanks for your reply.

I'm home alone a lot of the time anyway @Elisabeth I don't mind being alone, I crave it a lot actually ?.

My mood is definitely starting to lift again now ?