yasaidasai

What does absolute infinity actually entail

11 posts in this topic

If reality is truly absolutely infinite, is it possible that after I die, my I'll go to a christian heaven and stay there forever? Or is it possible that my consciousness will stay inside of my decaying corpse?

Is it possible that I live in a version of reality where my city gets destroyed by a sea monster tomorrow?

If it's really infinite, how could it be there is no I in it?

In a sense doesn't this notion of an infinite reality make neurosis and anxiety even worse? Because it tells us that all are thoughts and fears actually are real, and there exists a version of reality where these fears are actualized?

Less thinking about it, more pursuing of an direct experience of it. Your mind cant grasp it, yet it will try and that is the source of that "neurosis". Your ideas are not IT. Cat is cat. That is that. 

22 minutes ago, yasaidasai said:

In a sense doesn't this notion of an infinite reality make neurosis and anxiety even worse?

Your trust in your thought-stories about absolute infinity is what makes your neurosis and anxiety worse.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@molosku @tsuki Yeah, but if there is no version of reality where there are sea monsters or christian heaven, how come it's infinite

Edited by yasaidasai

2 minutes ago, yasaidasai said:

Yeah, but if there is no version of reality where there are sea monsters or christian heaven, how come it's infinite

Dream is as real as any other reality. Dream is part of reality. Someone can dream about christian heaven, other can dream about Muslim heaven. When you are in a dream, the dream becomes a reality.

@yasaidasai You have a very rich imagination. Have you ever tried to draw your fears?
You are scaring yourself. What do you need that fear for?

15 minutes ago, yasaidasai said:

Yeah, but if there is no version of reality where there is no sea monsters or christian heaven, how come it's infinite

What do you need that answer for? It is not useful in attaining any goal.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Also if reality is nothing but a dream, why call it a dream? If there's nothing besides the dream, why differentiate? 

55 minutes ago, yasaidasai said:

@molosku @tsuki Yeah, but if there is no version of reality where there are sea monsters or christian heaven, how come it's infinite

There are thee levels of reality according to advaita vetanta

Oneness

Material World

Perception a. k. a thoughts, feeling, emotions 

I guess that reality is real in the head, if someone believe that and their mind accept it, they can witness it even while living

2 hours ago, yasaidasai said:

Also if reality is nothing but a dream, why call it a dream? If there's nothing besides the dream, why differentiate? 

You’re underestimating nothing.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE