Source_Mystic

The Cult of Leo , The Exit of Source_Mystic

39 posts in this topic

I once respected Leo for his tenacity dedication and nonbias oppinion bit those days are long gone.

In showing the mechnisem of holotropic/shamanic breathing is in fact oxygen deprevation causing the effect. The resistance to this simple fact by Leo his followers as well as a large percentage of this community has shown me the true  nature of this place and what it has become.

When  I came across acuulized.org I saw it as a catalyst for positive change a place where people could come togeather and share information on how their path was progressing and give insight and help  to others.

That may very well be what it was, but that is not what  curently.  Today aculize.org is a cult of Leo. Where facts are dawrfed by his charisma and influence. People spend more time defending him and his pratices than researching them and coming to there own conclusions. This sight has become the status quo of Leo and his point of view which is seen beyond reproach by his followers, that wish to be nothing more than a Leo clone.

The only reason I  have been as pasionate and  relentless in the facts of holotropic/shamanic breathing is I feel based on the very real facts it is  dangerious especially  if done for extended times or on a regular basses.

What I have goten  in return is personal atack and hostility, while people completely ignore the facts. So be it. Ignore the facts and let Leo direct your path instead of you being responsible for it yourself. That is the mentally of a cult follower.

So this is in fact my last post I have shut off all notifications and will have nothing to do with this sight directly anymore. 

If any of you that I have helped with meditation or I have befriended would  like to keep on contact send me a message with your email in mail system here.  I will come back and review it in a weeks time. 

After that I will no longer associate or participate  with aculize.org in anyway.

Even though I do not agree with all that goes on here, I still wish all of you well even Leo. I  truly hope you all find what you are looking for. 

GOODBYE AND FAREWELL 

I no longer advocate, participate, condone, or support  actualized.org or Leo Gura in anyway. The reasons are left in the few post I left behind. 

"The therapeutic benefits of Holotropic Breathwork are remarkable.  The healing of illness, anxiety, depression and conflict, the release and healing of trauma and abuse, the reintegration with family and community, the opening of compassion, forgiveness, courage and love, the reclaiming of purpose, the finding of our lost soul and the higher insights of spiritual understanding all come spontaneously from the unfolding of this powerful process."

– Jack Kornfield, Author of A Path With Heart and 11 other books, world renowned Meditation Teacher, Founder of Spirit Rock Meditation Center

P.S. If this was a cult, I would have kicked you out myself, or not allowed you to leave ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Source_Mystic It appears to me as well that many people on this site do accept what Leo says uncritically, but that doesn't mean that you have to accept everything he says nor does it mean that there is no benefit in this forum. A big issue for you seems to be that you think that Leo and many people here are encouraging a practice which is dangerous to your health. I can't say that I know whether you are right or not. Hyperventilation does indeed decrease oxygen supply to your brain as a whole, but I don't really know the specifics of this and whether it can cause damage. 

Here's a paragraph I found online explaining this:

"What, then, happens if hyperventilation — deliberate over-breathing — is continued? The ‘wash-out’ of carbon dioxide progresses, from the lungs, and hence from the blood, and from the body tissues including, importantly, the brain. Carbon dioxide is a crucial variable in acid–base homeostasis; its reduction shifts the body fluids towards greater alkalinity (increased pH) and this has further knock-on effects. For one thing, it tends to cause constriction of some blood vessels, particularly those in the brain, reducing its blood supply and therefore its oxygen supply. So, in what might seem the midst of plenty when an excess of air is being shifted in and out of the lungs, the brain can actually be short of oxygen. It is for this reason that persistent, vigorous over-breathing soon makes us feel faint and dizzy. Another result of the alkalinization of the blood may be tetany: an uncontrollable twitching (caused by neuromuscular over-excitability consequent upon an increase in the binding of calcium ions to proteins in the plasma)."

From the surface to me, it would appear that holotropic breathing is a gamble. Although I've read people saying that they've never seen someone get any sort of brain damage from the practice e.g. https://www.quora.com/Is-holotropic-breathwork-harmful/answer/Joseph-Moore-36 . There seems to be a massive split in opinion online as to whether voluntary hyperventilation is harmful to your brain. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, Source_Mystic said:

I once respected Leo for his tenacity dedication and nonbias oppinion bit those days are long gone.

In showing the mechnisem of holotropic/shamanic breathing is in fact oxygen deprevation causing the effect. The resistance to this simple fact by Leo his followers as well as a large percentage of this community has shown me the true  nature of this place and what it has become.

When  I came across acuulized.org I saw it as a catalyst for positive change a place where people could come togeather and share information on how their path was progressing and give insight and help  to others.

That may very well be what it was, but that is not what  curently.  Today aculize.org is a cult of Leo. Where facts are dawrfed by his charisma and influence. People spend more time defending him and his pratices than researching them and coming to there own conclusions. This sight has become the status quo of Leo and his point of view which is seen beyond reproach by his followers, that wish to be nothing more than a Leo clone.

The only reason I  have been as pasionate and  relentless in the facts of holotropic/shamanic breathing is I feel based on the very real facts it is  dangerious especially  if done for extended times or on a regular basses.

What I have goten  in return is personal atack and hostility, while people completely ignore the facts. So be it. Ignore the facts and let Leo direct your path instead of you being responsible for it yourself. That is the mentally of a cult follower.

So this is in fact my last post I have shut off all notifications and will have nothing to do with this sight directly anymore. 

If any of you that I have helped with meditation or I have befriended would  like to keep on contact send me a message with your email in mail system here.  I will come back and review it in a weeks time. 

After that I will no longer associate or participate  with aculize.org in anyway.

Even though I do not agree with all that goes on here, I still wish all of you well even Leo. I  truly hope you all find what you are looking for. 

GOODBYE AND FAREWELL 

Sorry to see you leave us @Source_Mystic .  

I understand what you're saying, and I actually read your warning post about the shamanic breathing technique and its risks and decided against it.  I respect Leo a lot because he's a true pioneer and an invaluable resource of experience and knowledge.  I also, however, use discretion in anything Leo or other teachers recommend that I feel is unorthodox and potentially unsafe.  People need to take responsibility for themselves.  I don't think Leo intends for this forum to be a cult at all; but he's accepted to a certain degree that it's human nature for people united under a common goal or interest to form a collective ego at some point.  There are a ton of sweet, encouraging people on this forum dedicated to improving themselves and assisting others along the way; how could we not to take up for each other every once in a while?  

I do wish Leo would warn about the psychological impact his videos may have upon viewers with preexisting psychological disorders; it kind of scares me the number of people on this forum who literally want to commit suicide.  It's flat-out creepy.

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

@egoless yes? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

7 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@egoless yes? 

no exits though. our friend circle is lifetime commitment! 

From my research there are 2 sides to this, those that research it and say it's dangerous and those that have done it long-term and gotten good results 

1 hour ago, egoless said:

@Source_Mystic @Faceless @Leo Gura Chill guys! let's be friends! No? Ok :(  

P.S. good luck mystic on your path! 

We are the same?

I just said farewell. To me lol 

Edited by Faceless

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

– Jack Kornfield, Author of A Path With Heart and 11 other books, world renowned Meditation Teacher, Founder of Spirit Rock Meditation Center

I lived around the corner from there!

Why is this so overblown?

Dude Wim Hoff AKA iceman practices the same techniques this isn't Leo's technique, he's just sharing a shaman technique with you and he even gave full disclaimer that it could be potentially dangerous.

Yeah Leo can come across cocky at times that's perfectly normal, he's human, but he is also very well tolerating unlike a lot of people.

Just chill, if you want to rant about something go find something more worthy to rant about in the world, Leo's content is far from negative...

Edited by blazed

Maybe it is better to exit straight away from the Matrix?

some of what you say is true, but I challenge you to join a real cult, like the ku klux klan, so you can get a sense of what a real cult is.

Someone being dogmatic about your opinions in no way implies this place is a cult, just that some people on here are lazy and would rather listen to leo than do the work themselves, which is to be expected considering the current condition of society.

BTW your fear of the shamanic breathe technique is the exact same fear keeping you from self realization. You've fallen for the trap.

Edited by electroBeam

14 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Be careful with words until you're sure what they mean in a particular context.

Okie dokie :D 

idk what you mean though...

Edited by egoless

1 hour ago, WildeChilde said:

it kind of scares me the number of people on this forum who literally want to commit suicide.  It's flat-out creepy.

this made me laugh but then... yea its pretty creepy actually :(

This whole killing the ego is the biggest mind fuck

@Source_Mystic

Aren't you being a cult for exiting this forum just because of one simple misunderstanding or mistake?! Aren't there any room for error? If that's how it works, then you must kill yourself right away if you are honest enough. We all commit errors, it's in human nature. I agreed with you on the warning post, you were very rational there, but now coming up with all this drama and emotions! Sorry and good luck.