QandC

Avicii: Another example of why personal development is necessary

32 posts in this topic

Of course there is nothing wrong with it. But we can always grow. We can ALWAYS grow in every aspect of life.

There is just one simple question we have to ask ourselves:

"Is this thing making me suffer?" 

If it isn't (you're enlightened or some shit): Accept it. 

If it is: Accept it. Become aware of it. Separate yourself from it –> THEN battle it. 

Not doing anything is foolish. And speakin of Eckhart Tolle, he once answered a question in an interview "So if you experience suffering you just accept it and don't do anything?" He responded "No that would be foolish. It would be as if sitting on the train and not changing seats when you have an annoying drunk man sitting next to you screaming".

:P

- Enter your fear and you are free -

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

!=

Working on more oblivion mods?

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

C) I have been doing lots of personal development work unlike most successful people, so I can do a self-diagnosis much better and I know what all the solutions and traps are, so I know what to do if things get really bad.

Why do you think you havent awakened then? I realize I dont really control how I feel.

It's very interesting.  For one thing, I know quite a few people that have drank obsessively when they were you & are still in middle-age drinking heavily. 

I read a few articles about his health & one thing that I found particularly striking is that he ignored going into surgery to get his gall bladder removed.  Reason: so he could continue his gigs!   So then it had to rupture & then be forcefully removed & when it ruptures, it can leave behind all kinds of complications...leaks & so on, or surgeons having to go back in to fix something.

When my Doc told me that mine would soon rupture, I asked some older folks about it & they explained that a ruptured gall bladder is one of the worst pains imaginable.  I didn't even think twice about getting it removed right away.  Do it now or suffer terribly later.  Seemed an easy choice.  And I'd also heard about ruptures causing complications.  If a Doctor tells you they have to operate, you can't just ignore that.

So I did find that part of Avicii's story very perplexing.  I haven't seen the documentary yet but will check it out.  I'm sure it's fascinating.

Personal Development is more advanced than Enlightenment is.  Enlightenment is merely a prerequisite to doing advanced Personal Development work.  Not many people grok this.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

So, after watching the documentary my impression is that he intentionally slowed down later and that he had a personality structure that made the shows uncomfortable for him and/or had social anxiety with panic attacks. I also guess he had at least some spiritual interest, like many musicians have and like many of the musicians he worked with have (for a long time), e.g. Mike Einziger or Chris Martin.

On 4/23/2018 at 4:10 AM, Leo Gura said:

It worsens all of your basest proclivities.

How?

On 4/23/2018 at 4:10 AM, Leo Gura said:

You don't want everyone in the world to recognize you.

Why?

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Update:

He comitted suicide. Said he couldn't take it any longer.

Some people are just not meant for success and being in the spotlight. He hated the fame, but always loved making music. 

- Enter your fear and you are free -

Yup, sad.

That's what happens when materialism goes to its fullest conclusion. It is totally hollow, and the more successful you become, the more you start to see the truth of that.

Most poor people are lucky because they will never get successful enough to realize just how pointless success is.

It's very hard to believe unless you actually start to experience this phenomena for yourself. After you get all of the material stuff you most-wanted, the very next day will be the worse day of your life. So be ready for that. Have an escape plan.

Materialism corrupts creativity because creativity is a spiritual pursuit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That reminds of christmas mornings as a child. Every year, I would be the happiest ever on christmas day, and then the next several days i was super cranky and aggressive and wanted more stuff, even though i usually got everything from my wish list. Sad. Stuff will simply never satisfy you. 

3 hours ago, moon777light said:

That reminds of christmas mornings as a child. Every year, I would be the happiest ever on christmas day, and then the next several days i was super cranky and aggressive and wanted more stuff, even though i usually got everything from my wish list. Sad. Stuff will simply never satisfy you. 

oh yeah! christmas is a very gross example. but I even notice it in small achievements ..very subtle and easily overlooked by most people. it happened after getting good grades, passing big exams with flying colors, winning a race or even after eating my favorite comfort foods. I always felt that emptiness and disappointment of being unfulfilled afterwards. even worse because some people noticed my crankiness and just didn't understand me. the 'I don't get it, aren't you happy? you should be satisfied' comments made the whole thing even worse because I felt guilt and shame for being such a ungrateful, spoiled brat xD

whatever arises, love that