QandC

Avicii: Another example of why personal development is necessary

32 posts in this topic

Sometimes it's good to go back to the roots of personal development. I don't know how much you guys know about the famous, Swedish DJ by the name of Avicii, but he died two days ago (unknown cause so let us not speculate too much, but there might have been drugs/alcohol involved/perhaps even suicide)...

Anyways. I was watching his documentary "True Stories" which is about his career and the reason to why he stopped touring. Now his career kicked off super fast when he was around 20 years old, so obviously he was not mature enough for the fame he received. He resorted to alcohol to cope with his extreme anxiety and stress he felt. All of this might led to diseases and maybe ultimately his death?

What's even more convincing is that I've looked up old Swedish forum posts from him back in 2006 where he started to spread some of his early music, and he also made posts about his anxiety and stress. Now he did nothing really about this core issue for him, and along with the fame and the chase for stardom and all of those things – of course through massive passion and hard work – he wasn't able to handle it. So already here it's a fact that money/fame does not cure your problems.

This shows the extreme importance of setting personal development and the mastering of one's own psychology as a standard in schools/society overall. Instead of the chase of fortune and fame. Not to say those things can't make you happy – anything can, but the core problem can never be solved by masking.

This also lead me to a video from Leo where he talks about this:

A very common issue for artists.

Confusing success for growth/happiness is one of the biggest traps there is. Nearly all mega-successful people fall into it. Which is WHY they're mega-successful. People who realize that success != happiness would never work so hard to accumulate the mega-success that people like Avicii get, because it often comes at a great expense to one's happiness and sense of peace.

Of course this problem is made even worse with the low-consciousness club party culture in which Avicii swam.

We have all the big name DJs here in Vegas. I often wonder how they can keep playing night after the night, the same stuff. After a year or two of that, it must become the lamest job in the world.

Seems like he was at least wise enough to stop touring several years ago.

The problem is that most such people don't even know there is any other dimension to life besides the material and the creative one. The spiritual dimension is not considered seriously because religion and science have made such a mockery of spirituality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

it is so unfortunate. I love Avicii music so much... R.I.P. 

Edited by egoless

@Leo Gura Well, Leo, I guess you have internet fame, but doesnt it get unberable?

I suppose not, not that many people know you, right? So, you can cope with it better?

Not judging.

damn I am so sorry about AVICII he was a genius!!!

Edited by egoless

1 hour ago, Ether said:

@Leo Gura Well, Leo, I guess you have internet fame, but doesnt it get unberable?

I suppose not, not that many people know you, right? So, you can cope with it better?

Not judging.

A) My fame level is tiny compared to his.

B) It has been challenging managing even my tiny level of fame. Fame is like jet fuel for the ego-mind. It worsens all of your basest proclivities. I have to be very mindful not to get the fame go to my head, and still, sometimes it does.

C) I have been doing lots of personal development work unlike most successful people, so I can do a self-diagnosis much better and I know what all the solutions and traps are, so I know what to do if things get really bad.

D) Low to moderate levels of fame are actually quite nice, as long as you are spiritually mature and you aren't chasing after it. It's the mega-levels of fame where things can start to get ugly. Tom Cruise levels of fame are toxic, I think. You don't want everyone in the world to recognize you.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course this problem is made even worse with the low-consciousness club party culture in which Avicii swam.

We have all the big name DJs here in Vegas. I often wonder how they can keep playing night after the night, the same stuff. After a year or two of that, it must become the lamest job in the world.

I was part of the SF Bay Area Underground Rave culture and honestly, @Leo Gura‘s video on a culture really says it all to me. I don’t know avicii but I have friends who are at or close to Avicii in the edm music production (I took Sam Vogel AKA the dubstep provider “Jauz” to his first rave) and I think it’s just the culture. 

I mean even just from a listener’s perspective, I was sneaking into edc in Vegas before EDM got big, and I can really say that the producers and DJs are actually hardcore Stage Orange people moreso than a lot of the listeners.

Everyone is discussing this or that... people the talanted young guy has just died. Show some sorrow. 

@QandC

Yes unfortunately many people aren't ready for the pressure of fame. That's partially why star childs go crazy when they grow up.

This is a good time to show some appreciation for your fears and limiting beliefs. They're keeping you from pressure that you aren't yet prepared to handle.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Seems like he was at least wise enough to stop touring several years ago.

He stopped touring because he got acute pancreatitis from excessive drinking.

25 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

He stopped touring because he got acute pancreatitis from excessive drinking.

That's how we get wise.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How many people go into work and do the same thing for 8 hours everyday? I'd rather play music 2 hours a night for a few years and be well off than waste day after day in an office just to live month-to-month. Not because I chase money but because I want it off my mind and rather work on my art and myself.

you talk as if avicii failed his life, he "couldn't" handle it

avicii came here and did what he had to do, sharing beautiful music with people all over the world bringing joy and positive vibes all over the world, clubs might be what some refer to as 'low-consciousness' but its places where people gather to have fun, to dance, to have a good time, this is a million times better then people killing and exploiting each other

music is so transformative, so personal for so many people, it might not look like it but avicii is a modern day shaman.

it might not fit a traditional image of a shaman, but you make music, you make people dance, bring them to other vibrations, you're a shaman

not to idolize him by no means, he had his own issues yes, just like everyone else on this rock and this forum right now,

he did what he had to do and then he left the earth to continue other ventures,  its not because he died earlier that he failed.

people die early, by accidents, sickness, suicide, murder, some souls dont want to stay on earth growing old, they might just want to experience what its like being a child then leave, there's no failure in that.

if you don't get that life on earth is a magical virtual reality simulator pretty much that our souls are playing right now you'll see death as failure

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Funny how the ego takes superficial information about someone's life and assumes there must have been something wrong. What if there is and was nothing wrong?

If you read my post again I'm never saying he "Failed"? He lived an extraordinary life. Rather watch the documentary instead and his posts and you can clearly see that there was an unnecessary pain within him that didn't have to be there. As a domino effect the alcohol and everything else killed him. And the point is not to say he failed or it was "bad" or "shouldn't have happened" but rather that personal development IS A PREVENTION for these sort of things. 

Funny how the ego puts projections without even trying to understand what I'm talking about?

4 minutes ago, QandC said:

If you read my post again I'm never saying he "Failed"? He lived an extraordinary life. Rather watch the documentary instead and his posts and you can clearly see that there was an unnecessary pain within him that didn't have to be there. As a domino effect the alcohol and everything else killed him. And the point is not to say he failed or it was "bad" or "shouldn't have happened" but rather that personal development IS A PREVENTION for these sort of things. 

Funny how the ego puts projections without even trying to understand what I'm talking about?

a prevention of what? 

why would you prevent anything?

if there is no failure why should something be prevented?

so his unnecessary pain is the failure? 

I think you are projecting onto avicii, your understanding of pain

if he's your idol you can make an effort to understand his life and not judge it, not judge his 'unnecessary' pain, his alcohol and gambling, you may think these are bad things, but thats what avicii did,he did those things, they were a part of his life so they had a meaningful place,so don't judge him.

the death of an idol is life giving you a chance to fully accept life as it it, the 'extroardinary' and the seemingly 'unnecessary pain' and gambling and alcohol, they are one life, you cannot dissect life, you judge one part you judge everything

it may be hard to love our own lives as they are, this is a chance because we are willing to go so much further for others then ourselves, accept avicii's life as it is fully, no "unnecessary pain' no 'prevention', accept his life as it is and you will definitely grow from that

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

@Arkandeus Alright so I guess we shouldn't strive to better ourselves at all then? If I'm an alcoholic I'm just gonna let myself be an alcoholic?

If I have anxiety issues there is nothing I'm gonna do to try and change that? I know by the existential nature blablabla there is "NOTHING WRONG OR RIGHT", but that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to make ourselves better people right? I accept it BUT what I am talking about is the PREVENTION of OTHER people's same mistakes in life. Perhaps even if one person might have woken up and said 'wow... alright maybe this constant drinking and partying won't lead me to a good place' then that is enough. Isn't it? Or you just don't want anyone to strive for anything better for themselves? To become a better person? To master one's own psychology? 

The thing is, different people have a different disposition. So it's not possible to prevent all kinds of things. For example, Eckhart Tolle is still stressed and exhausted after giving talks or spending time with people. That is just his personality structure. Nothing wrong with it though.