Followers 0
Faceless

Awareness and compassion

13 posts in this topic

David Bohm

⭕️

??

Edited by Faceless

Another problem of fragmentation is that thought divides itself from feeling and from the body. Thought is said to be the mind; we have the notion that it is something abstract or spiritual or immaterial. Then there is the body, which is very physical. And we have emotions, which are perhaps somewhere in between. The idea is that they are all different. That is, we think of them as different. And we experience them as different because we think of them as different.

David Bohm

I don't know if I just need to empty my cup but at this point in my development this stuff feels like a record player on repeat, especially over the last year.

Memento Mori

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

I don't know if I just need to empty my cup but at this point in my development this stuff feels like a record player on repeat, especially over the last year.

Lol 

It’s not really a personal development type a deal. It’s more about a development of the whole. But their are many forms of fragmentation.?

Edited by Faceless

21 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Lol 

It’s not really a personal development type a deal. It’s more about a development of the whole. But their are many forms of fragmentation.?

That's true. 

Still love that quote though "thought is always saying that thought didn't do it."

Memento Mori

@Truth Damn, what does your daily practice look like when it comes to consciousness work? Must suck feeling like you plateaued.

13 minutes ago, Sukhpaal said:

@Truth Damn, what does your daily practice look like when it comes to consciousness work? Must suck feeling like you plateaued.

Yeah, it just feels like it's all preaching to the choir at this point, beating a dead horse. I still do my daily meditation and contemplation/self inquiry, I'd just really like to get a hold of some psychedelics, which I'm working on.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

Hmm, how long do you do self inquiry and meditation for? Trying Yoga might help. Yea psychadelics I feel would help you a ton! They really blow your mind up, literally lmao

8 minutes ago, Truth said:

Yeah, it just feels like it's all preaching to the choir at this point, beating a dead horse

?Thats interesting that you say that. Why do you feel that? 

Edited by Faceless

If there is no order in your relationship with your wife, with your husband, with your children, with your neighbour - whether that neighbour is near or very far away - forget about meditation.

Jiddu Krishnamurti?

Compassion is the awareness of a deep bond between yourself and all creatures.

Eckhart Tolle

10 minutes ago, Sukhpaal said:

Hmm, how long do you do self inquiry and meditation for? Trying Yoga might help. Yea psychadelics I feel would help you a ton! They really blow your mind up, literally lmao

I do my usual daily hour meditation, and to be honest I'm not 100% focused on self inquiry, I'm still honing in on my top 10 values, following my purpose and building skills, everything has it's place in due time ;) I'm happy with what I'm doing for sure but I always know there's more improvement to be made :)

16 minutes ago, Faceless said:

?Thats interesting that you say that. Why do you feel that? 

3 minutes ago, Faceless said:

If there is no order in your relationship with your wife, with your husband, with your children, with your neighbour - whether that neighbour is near or very far away - forget about meditation.

Jiddu Krishnamurti?

chimp-gif.gif

feels like this lol

Memento Mori

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

I do my usual daily hour meditation, and to be honest I'm not 100% focused on self inquiry, I'm still honing in on my top 10 values, following my purpose and building skills, everything has it's place in due time ;) I'm happy with what I'm doing for sure but I always know there's more improvement to be made :)

chimp-gif.gif

feels like this lol

??