WildeChilde

What is Your Favorite Word For God?

82 posts in this topic

What term for Consciousness, God, Brahman, Being, Nothingness, the Tao, etc., resonates with you and your level of understanding?  

I tend to like Witnessing Presence or what Adyashanti calls Conscious Spirit.  How about you?

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

Higher powers. I don't like the word God and nor do I believe in a god, I believe in higher powers, that resonates with me and my experience. Conscious spirit or awareness is a nice word too, I feel like that's what we truly are.

I

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Lord resonates with me for some reason, benevolent Lord that will take care of you if you adopt his will and give your life to him.

I believe that human beings are very bad in controlling life and in chasing their own desires, own goals, in having own opinions, and having burden of control, none of that is truly satisfying, we are just too limited to even control our own mouth, but they are very good in serving someone, pleasing someone, they are good if they receive a task to do. This is very satisfying. I believe that what we really want in our current immature stage of evolution. And thats how we are designed to be.

Coz at some point you realize there's truly not much to do on this earth, u realize you don't really want anything, you don't really need anything, you realize you are ready to die and not exist at all. But then you see that God (or infinite intelligence) itself wants something from you, and you are designed to serve the God 'him'self, you see that you have your own role to participate in this infinite game, you have some sort of a job to do and that kind of awakes your very essence, its like your very essence or your 'soul' wants that, wants to work towards this 'God's plan'. Even if this plan is just a meaningless game. Just like your hoover is designed to clean your carpet, you are designed to do some small things in this world, like a toy soldier is designed to play particular role on the the board game. You can see human-beings as programs and it can be a beautiful perspective. 

Reality also cares for itself, so God cares for itself, you can feel that sometimes if your faith becomes stronger, as if you are being watched and sort of 'cared' by someone invisible. This are two things that human being truly want I believe. 1) To do something that his soul is designed to do or 'to please and serve the Lord' and 2) to be taken care of so you don't need to have burden of worrying for self-survival.

But to control this infinite game is not really what we want, and its simply impossible but ego of course wants that and if ego becomes too big it can become a dictator who lost his mind because his desire to control is just not what his nature is designed to do.

Edited by Monkey-man

I like Infinite Intelligence, Source and Most High but as I venture further down the road of spirituality I start to care less about the names. God used to leave a very bad taste in my mouth but as I have had real life experiences of the metaphysical, my ego does not get so offended at certain names.

16 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Big Booty

χαχαχαχα you are the true God man xaxa thats funny <3 

I don’t like the word.  I find it unnecessary.  I like the word reality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The Eternal Game Of Hide and Seek

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Big booty is pretty good. Probably my second choice. ?

My first choice is not giving a name at all. 

I like the word 'yes'. It's a strange answer, but hear me out. 

Yes means affirmative, positive. It also is used as an agreement, an acceptance of a statement. It is an acknowledgement directed into the positive.

You could ask god any question, and his answer would be yes. It would also be no, but I like yes more :)

Edited by Staples

43 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Big booty is pretty good. Probably my second choice. ?

My first choice is not giving a name at all. 

I like the first line of the Tao Te Ching.  So instructive here.

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao; the name that can be named is not the eternal name.

The Tao is that which has no name.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The Tao is that which has no name.

?

I don't mind how people call it. I like to call it God.

But there's other names I like, Brahman is nice too. Infinity. I AM that I AM. The I. The Self. Void.

I also like the names the Jewish used to call "it" like Elohim, Jehova or Yaveh, Adonai, YHWH.

Allah is good too. In reality I don't mind the way we call "The Absolute" because any name or concept can not encapsulate IT, or What IS.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Funny how all the names reconcile to nothing, sans a realization. 

@WildeChilde If you haven’t read “Stillness Speaks” by Tolle, you might like it. Very Tao ish. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE