Everyday

165 Days Before College

1,161 posts in this topic

On 22/03/2020 at 9:00 PM, Everyday said:

The soil of my seedlings is still drying. Oof. I water them i dont know what's the problem.

I guess they germinated ok and putting roots down? How do you water them? Our TV gardening show (Gardeners World) says seedlings & new plants should be watered heavily but infrequently, not little and often. You want the roots to grow down into the soil looking for water. So when you water, use enough to drench the soil below where the roots will be, then wait till it's dried out on top before watering again. Otherwise if it's damp on top and dry below, the roots won't grow deep down, so more likely to dry out during the summer.

10 hours ago, Everyday said:

I worry that she will get tired of me sooner or later but she thinks the same. 

Man, this is understandable, you're nervous because you're taking a chance getting close to someone and making yourself vulnerable to rejection. Looking at it in a positive way, your fear is a sign of how much this means to you, that it's important to you. Stay open to your feelings, don't try and resist it. 

11 hours ago, Everyday said:

I cant stand my mom lately.  . . . .  She says i should do what she does:

Your mom & dad's relationship reminds me of my mum & stepfather. If you want my advice (and please tell me to stay out of it if you don't), you both seem to disagree with each other's way of handling the situation with your father. Can you find a calm time to talk with her alone (ie not just after a row with dad), and agree to differ and respect each other's personalities and ways of dealing with conflict? Trying to change other people is rarely successful.

15 hours ago, silene said:

I guess they germinated ok and putting roots down? How do you water them? Our TV gardening show (Gardeners World) says seedlings & new plants should be watered heavily but infrequently, not little and often. You want the roots to grow down into the soil looking for water. So when you water, use enough to drench the soil below where the roots will be, then wait till it's dried out on top before watering again. Otherwise if it's damp on top and dry below, the roots won't grow deep down, so more likely to dry out during the summer.

Well, i used a spray bottle and later a syringe. Thank you for your advice. I will put another batch. That's exactly the problem- the soil underneath is dry af. I will ask you more in private about the gardening show- awesome!

Man, this is understandable, you're nervous because you're taking a chance getting close to someone and making yourself vulnerable to rejection. Looking at it in a positive way, your fear is a sign of how much this means to you, that it's important to you. Stay open to your feelings, don't try and resist it. 

Yeah, this is new to me. I guess is a good thing.

Can you find a calm time to talk with her alone (ie not just after a row with dad), and agree to differ and respect each other's personalities and ways of dealing with conflict? Trying to change other people is rarely successful.

I tired before and it leads to nowhere. that's why i was an asshole with her this time. I got tired of ignoring it or trying to reason with her. I will just ignore her in these situations. Is just that i see she's unhappy but is unable to break out of it. Is futile to help her. 

Hey

I need to re-think my schedule. I am wasting too much time every day.

I will write more later. I am waiting to call her now. Lol she and her bro got in trouble.

Update: I made a schedule and i am going to see how it goes. I lay in bed every day until noon because i am tired after speaking on the phone with her each night. I will take care of my seedlings until noon as well as start a project i need to prepare for uni.

There are rumours of frizzing the year at uni. The administration told us to keep taking online classes and to do all labs. Lol, what online classes? Is Friday tomorrow and we still didn't get our PDF courses for this week. Our professors are incompetent. 

The release of the Erasmus list of students who got accepted is delayed for an unknown period of time. I guess mid April? We'll see. I am confident i will get in.

Edited by Everyday

21 hours ago, Everyday said:

I will take care of my seedlings until noon as well as start a project i need to prepare for uni.

Done.

Did pretty much nothing else. Just in bed. Oof.

I will do krav online 3 times a week now- I payed today. If i can manage this for 2-3 weeks i will raise to 4 times.

'' I have to top myself ''

Edited by Everyday

I don’t feel ok. I looked at my old pc keyboard and recalled years of tv series, movies, searching for sites and archiving solutions for my problems. I used this time to oversensationalize how my first relationship would be, to make it the solution of all my problems. I used this time to delude myself into the amazing life I will have in the future, but with no hard work in the present; year after year.

Like the beginning of the year, when I got into dealing with bulling and conflict I got mad for months. All the suppressed memories are/ came back to deal with them now. It was hard to study for uni and to keep myself sane each day for months. I got lost every day into rage and regret. So many scenarios. Like I predicted, same thing happens now, as I am evolving with this relationship. Memories & buried emotions just started to arise.

All the years of hesitation, frustration, envy and regret are coming back from the black box, for me to deal with them. I just had a few tears. I think this wave will hit my harder than the conflict one did. 

Edited by Everyday

Sending compassion :x   Any chance you can forgive yourself and let go, draw a line under the past? 

On 24/03/2020 at 10:17 PM, silene said:

I guess they germinated ok and putting roots down? How do you water them?

BTW i started a new batch. I water them deeply with a spray bottle every other day. Even some of the old seedlings recovered. Thanks for the tip. I will share pics.

13 hours ago, silene said:

Sending compassion :x   Any chance you can forgive yourself and let go, draw a line under the past? 

Thanks. Idk. I will try this approach every time i get triggered. Why not? I will let you know about my results.

Edited by Everyday

My work ethic is so bad now because i don't have any fixed work like uni or work daily. I forgot i react with laziness to this lifestyle. Exactly like i did 2 year ago. But i guess the only thing i can set in place now is krav maga classes. I can raise to 4 classes per week and leverage my routine around it. 

Nobody respects the lockdown in my country. We are going to become like Italy. This quarantine will extend to June.

Had an online meeting with both internship mentors. I felt inspired to work again. I want to spend a few hours regularly improving social media skills.

My father is yelling like usually. I am responding back. All is good. He is taking it down in front of adversity. Interesting. 

If the year frizzes, i will have time to get an internship at a social media company. I really want to do this now, even if i have other goals atm. I observed that i am not very fond of fruits for some time now. I just cant eat them. Too sugary. I only want to eat veggies and meat.

Sleep schedule is shit. But at least my 23:00 - 2:00, is a time well is spent.

I started doing kegel exercises for PE since Wednesday. I will do this for two weeks.

Noticed that she is more like my father. Which is not good in my opinion. She is into arguing and being right. I assume this will be a problem aside of the opportunity of arguing practice. I am worried i am getting into an abusive relationship but i don't know it. If that's the case i will gtfo. Not looking to be miserable again or anything.

The other night i spoke about something that happened in my lab at uni. I involved a fellow colleague, a 37 year old woman and a perv 60 year old professor. She got mad that i said he doesn't like me because i am friends with this woman. She got jealous af even if this happened at the beginning of the year. Next day i told her we can speak about it if she got upset. We agreed to speak about our problems rather than acting like our parents. 

She made it all seem is my fault that i am overreacting. She said she would have told me if she actually had a problem. I got upset, like a child and was amazed to watch my behaviour. All i wanted to do was to take revenge on her for the way i reacted. Man, i am so underdeveloped in this area is insane. It wasn't even a big thing anyways.

Edited by Everyday

15 hours ago, Everyday said:

BTW i started a new batch. I water them deeply with a spray bottle every other day. Even some of the old seedlings recovered. Thanks for the tip. I will share pics.

Cool, I'm starting some tomato seeds, they've just germinated. Let's share pics. Geraniums to go later.  

19 hours ago, silene said:

Let's share pics. Geraniums to go later.  

Sure!

I'm going to donate blood tomorrow. Not many do this because of the virus atm. Also, a reason to go out and find out if i am healthy. 

Im listening to Arnold's autobiography. Is amazing- makes me feel ashamed for not being as ambitious. 

Prepared my plot of land. Sawed some spring flower seeds. I spray bottle my new batch 3 times a day. I think the problem is the soil.

Still lazy to study. I need to do more man.

I had an argument with my father a few days ago and today again. I was very aggressive. I was proud of me but the rest of my family wasnt. They say i should shut up because he's my father and respect doesnt have to be earned. That our job is just to please my father and navigate through his mood swings and yelling. I dont agree with this at all but they are right. I roll my eyes and ignore him until i can live on my own. Is his house. 

My mother told me how smart is she for comping passively with my father behavior. That she has been making progress in these 20 years of marriage of theirs. I called her out that she isnt happy and she said this isnt important. Ok. I cant reason with her either. She is disillusioned beyond my understanding. 

Edited by Everyday

On 30/03/2020 at 3:05 PM, Everyday said:

I'm going to donate blood tomorrow. Not many do this because of the virus atm. Also, a reason to go out and find out if i am healthy. 

So yesterday i went in the morning. The place/hospital wasn't very clean. I went because i wanted to prove myself i am still strong. It seems i developed some type of light anxiety of needles since my last blood check, two years ago. I was stressed but the pain of the needle entering my vain wasn't much nor intense. The sensation of blood dripping out of my body was quite annoying at times. 

After the nurse pulled it out i got drifted into dizziness. I guess it was because of tiredness- i slept less last few weeks and the day before yesterday got 6 hours after talking with her on video chat. It felt like a combination of ketamine and weed. A weird type of high- quite pleasant. It didn't last long. I handled the whole situation quite good. When i was in this head high i thought of her, my life and how i have to improve my own life so i can top my high school colleagues. To overcome those insecurities. Those blockages. The place i donated blood was close to an area i used to hang out with them sometimes.

Once at home i was very tired and hungry. Ate like a pig ate slept for 6-7 hours. I had headaches coming and going and sweating a lot. Woke up at 20:00 and studied for an hour and did some tests for the driver id exam. I do them every day for 15m after one hour of studying for uni. Otherwise i wont want to do it at all. Didn't listen to Arnold's autobiography. Called her and we spoke again late at night. 

Woke up today and felt tired and a strong headache. I checked and i have no fever. My father is freaking me out how i got corona. Man, i am reacting like this because of having almost 500ml of blood out of my system.

Edited by Everyday

Brilliant that you give blood - do they make you drink water beforehand?  That's supposed to help.  I'm a donor myself too, and will go again when my time comes up. 

2 hours ago, silene said:

do they make you drink water beforehand? 

It was my first time and i didn't expect to get dizzy. No but my brother was waiting me in the car with water and food. A nurse wiped my forehead with a wet tissue and this helped.

2 hours ago, silene said:

I'm a donor myself too, and will go again when my time comes up. 

Congratulations! I too will keep doing this from now on.

Edited by Everyday

I was a lazy bastard again today. Woke up at 10, ate sweets, unhealthy food and drank. Went to bed and switched between tv series and sleeping until 21:00. Studied for one and a half our. Did one questionnaire. Now i am listening to Arnold's autobiography. 

Edited by Everyday

I forgot to say that the company i visited in NL last summer before returning home responded to my e-mail. I told them I might come this year to do an internship but i will e-mail them in February/ March. I did so on 15th of March and only now they replayed. They wished me good luck and told me there is a place available- but we'l keep in touch because of this crises. 

I am quite happy. I have a plan B in case the other company doesn't want me. I also wanted to do a summer  internship with them but the day scheduled for an online interview, last November, i forgot. Lol- what a dumb mistake. Hope they'll forget. i will have scholarship from Erasmus hopefully, thing they insisted a lot. Also, still waiting for Erasmus to decide when they'll chose some of us. 

BTW i am starting work again at my family's business from tomorrow. If not everyone is obeying the quarantine why would we do it then? We close it for a few weeks already but our competition didn't. 

Edited by Everyday

On 03/04/2020 at 5:54 PM, Everyday said:

BTW i am starting work again at my family's business from tomorrow. If not everyone is obeying the quarantine why would we do it then? We close it for a few weeks already but our competition didn't. 

I have zero motivation to go there each day but i have to. I didn't accommodate yet with this time boundary. I spent the last two days just laying in bed until i had to leave to work. Came home and struggled to study. Oof. 

I will just buy seedlings from the store when they appear on the market. I am pissed that i still have no seedlings doing good yet. I either water too much or not enough. Ooof. Whatever. 

I slaked off on studying last few days. 

Krav makes me so tired lately. I feel so drained each time and i am not looking forward to the next session. 

d

Edited by Everyday

I had an ONLINE CLASS this Monday, which lasted for 30 min =)))))))) I'm not even joking and half of it was talking about coronavirus. 

I had my second ONLINE CLASS today in the morning. WOW. The professor was late one hour because she didn't know how to send us the password for the zoom meeting. It lasted for one hour and consisted of her reading each powerpoint page. =))))))))))

The thing is that the people who should guide them said they are working on two platforms through which the classes will take place. So a month passed and they probably told them that both platforms are useless and gtfo and use Zoom instead. We could have done this weeks ago but whatever. And one of the platform is just so the people above them can say we are actively learning smth. Lol. Just BS.  We are supposed to upload our home work there but it isn't working.

Edited by Everyday

We had two online classes scheduled for yesterday. For the first one, the professor didn't even show up and at the second, the professor couldn't fix his microphone so it was also canceled. =))))))))))))))

Oh I bought seedlings from the market and planted them two days ago. I am really happy. I have tomatoes, red peppers and cucumbers. I have two types of mint, one bought now and the other one i have it for two years in my garden. I used some stolons from the older one. I also have basil and potatoes. I seeded a bunch of spring and medicinal flowers and i am waiting to see what happens.

I am still going to work. We have more and more clients. Nobody is obeying the quarantine. 

My parents are arguing as they do during each holiday. I think this is normal =))). It was always like this.

My studying routine is barely alive although i am doing questioners on a daily basis.

I am still doing krav online and kegels. I try to do them 3 sets 4 days a week. But i mainly do just 2. 

I have 15h left from arnold's autobiography.

I am still speaking with her. Is going good. 

Edited by Everyday

On 14/04/2020 at 3:39 PM, Everyday said:

Oh I bought seedlings from the market and planted them two days ago. I am really happy. I have tomatoes, red peppers and cucumbers. I have two types of mint, one bought now and the other one i have it for two years in my garden. I used some stolons from the older one. I also have basil and potatoes. I seeded a bunch of spring and medicinal flowers and i am waiting to see what happens.

They are doing really good.

BTW i sawed new seed in the same soil in my living room. Turns out my watering method was the problem but the soil itself is actually horrible. Next year i am going to get a good one. I put a basil and a mint plant. The mint is a gift from my sis' boyfriend. The basil is from my best friend, since he visited me last autumn. 

I have 15h left from arnold's autobiography.

13 h left

My studying routine is barely alive although i am doing questioners on a daily basis.

So bad! I am so behind at botany. 

About the second internship: i asked him if i can help writing articles for his site. He agreed. I was reminded again how much i have to learn. She helped me make the article look really professional. I am really glad she offered to do it. I didn't expect. 

On 28/03/2020 at 10:54 AM, Everyday said:

My father is yelling like usually. I am responding back. All is good. He is taking it down in front of adversity. Interesting. 

This is still going on. I am surprised that my family is ok with her except my father and sister. My father makes jokes about her being a redneck all the time. I pointed out his miserable marriage and how unhappy he makes my mom. My mom said she learned to tolerate him and that she is indeed unhappy. My father got upset on me; my mom was sad.

My father didn't like responding back and attacking his marriage. The argument degenerated into him yelling about his parents not caring about him like he does for us. I told him i don't care that isn't my business. I just smiled and apologised. He calmed down even if i wasn't serious. I don't regret arguing with him. I don't really mean to apologise. Found it funny how he can forgive me just by saying sorry. 

I had 4 shitty clients at work in the last few days. I had the opportunity to push myself even if it wasn't as perfect as i would have hoped. Is progress. I remembered about all of this during a conversation with her.  I got upset but forced myself to set aside the time spent with her and the time i spend at work. 

Went cycling with my brother. No police. Everyone outside. I had a good time. I remembered about NL- felt nostalgia, guilt, regret, excited. The stress coming from doing bad in uni kinda altered the whole NL experience. 

I haven't drank alcohol for two-three weeks. I don't want to- it makes me feel sad and lazy. Years of getting drank or dizzy and feeling sad and frustrated. I noticed i want to drink more unhealthy juices now.  I will continue this for months. I went on for like 2 years more or less without drinking or smoking. I felt good. This was all before NL. 

Edited by Everyday