Shu

Enlightened leaders

20 posts in this topic

is/was there somewhere/ever example of enlightened leaders who got it, sort of?

Edited by Shu

Krishna from the hindu religion. He was a part of the bloodiest war in human history. 

I ment of someone with legitimate human biography who succeded in a "positive" way))

Edited by Shu

Lolol Krishna has a legitimate human biography and he succeeded in a "positive" way in the bloodiest war. Check out what this guy did. He was incarnation of God and what im saying cannot make sense to you until you go research this dude. Not everything in religion is black and white, our highly dogmatic mind dismisses any grey areas because we're lazy. 

I am a born leader and i am enlightened. However it doesn't make me more empathic. Many people misunderstand enlightenement

8 hours ago, Vipassana said:

Lolol Krishna has a legitimate human biography and he succeeded in a "positive" way in the bloodiest war. Check out what this guy did. He was incarnation of God and what im saying cannot make sense to you until you go research this dude. Not everything in religion is black and white, our highly dogmatic mind dismisses any grey areas because we're lazy. 

Krishna is a literary charachter. Shu was talking about actual living teachers/leaders. Many spiritual leaders claim enlightenment. It is impossible for anyone else to say for sure if this is self engrisement or legitimate. 

@okulele dalai lama has actualy claimed not to be enlightened. He probably have a far more traditional notion of the term "enlightenment" than most members of this forum tho, who seems to label any mystical experience as "enlightenment", as a way to stroke their own spiritual egos. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

Yes we cant say nothing for sure... but surly there some outstanding big leaders thet been witnessed in general as fruitfull for at least for a generation or two and not for a couple of years after which each of theirs afforts were smothered by wind.

Edited by Shu

1 hour ago, Ether said:

@Egoisego You are not enlightened. stop it.

Everybody are enlightened. Realize this or keep trying your whole life

@Shu Shunyamurti is the leader of the Sat Yoga Institute in Costa Rica. 

I AM.

What do you want to know?

Abraham Lincoln gets my vote.  I could read Lincoln quotes all day long.   One of my favorites...

"I desire so to conduct the affairs of this administration that if at the end... I have lost every other friend on earth, I shall at least have one friend left, and that friend shall be down inside of me."

Abraham Lincoln

@Slade lol

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

was: OSHO

is: Mooji, Rupert Spira, Adyashanti

"I thought if you are a Buddhist you gonna be nice"

"Nope"

The emperor Ashoka (Died 232 BCE) is considered to be one of India's greatest monarchs. Historian call him Enlightened. Ashoka, was so troubled by the effects of the conquests on humanity that he converted to Buddhism. Asoka went under the Bodhi tree and found enlightenment. This was the same tree that the Buddha sat under. Ashoka was responsible for the spread of Buddhism.

Chandragupta Maurya (Died 297 BC) , great king Ashoka was the grandson of the famous ruler Chandragupta Maurya. Chandragupta was the first emperor to unify India into one state. Chandragupta Maura sought enlightenment by becoming a Jain.

Pre historic enlightened kings

Krishna

Janaka

King Trisong Detsen, ruler of Tibet, was the emanation of an Enlightened Being and only had one wish, to establish the sacred Dharma teachings in his kingdom.

The Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius (reigned A.D. 161–80), the archetypal “philosopher-king,” is perhaps best known today as the author of the Stoic philosophical treatise 'Meditations'. 

Philosophy for a Stoic is not just a set of beliefs or ethical claims, it is a way of life involving constant practice and training. Stoic philosophical and spiritual practices included logic, Socratic dialogue and self-dialogue, contemplation of death, training attention to remain in the present moment (similar to some forms of Buddhist meditation), and daily reflection on everyday problems and possible solutions. Philosophy for a Stoic is an active process of constant practice and self-reminder.

When the yogi is established in nonpossessiveness, when he possesses nothing except himself; he may be a king, he may live in a palace, but he does not possess it. If it is lost, not a ripple will arise in his mind.

There is a story of a great yogi; his name was Janak. India has worshipped him for centuries, and India has not worshipped anybody else like him because he is unique in one way. Buddha left his palace, kingdom; Mahavir left his palace and kingdom; Janak never left. He remained in the palace; he remained a king.

It happened that a young seeker was told by his Master, "Now, you go to Janak.

Your last initiation will be done by him. Whatsoever I could teach I have taught you, but I am a beggar. I don't know anything about the world; I have renounced it. You must go to a man who knows about the world. This is going to be your last initiation. Before you renounce you must ask somebody who knows the world. I don't know it, so go to Janak the king."

The disciple was a little hesitant because he was ready to renounce and he didn't believe that this Janak can be an enlightened man. If he is enlightened, then why is he in the palace? Ordinary logic: he should renounce everything. He should not possess anything because that is one of the basic things -- to become nonpossessive, to remain in nonpossessiveness, in pure austerity of nonpossessiveness. One becomes so simple, so innocent, why is he living as a king? But when the Master said, he had to go. Hesitantly, reluctantly, he reached.

The evening he reached, Janak invited him to the court. There was much jubilation. Beautiful girls were dancing, wine and women, and everybody was almost drunk. This young man from an ashram could not believe his eyes, and he could not believe his old Master -- why that fool has sent him here. For what?

He was disturbed so much that he wanted to leave immediately, but Janak said, "That will be insulting. You have come; be here at least one night. Tomorrow morning you can leave. And why are you so disturbed? Rest a little while. In the morning I will ask you for what purpose you have come."

The young man said, "Now there is no need to ask anything. I have seen with my own eyes what is happening here."

Janak laughed. The young man was taken care of -- fed well, given a good massage and a bath, given a beautiful room, very costly bed. He was tired, coming on foot from the jungle monastery to the capital, and he wanted to rest.

The moment he lay down on the bed, he saw a sword hanging just above him by a very thin thread. He could not believe what was the point of it all, and he has been received so well and now why this joke. He could not sleep the whole night -- continuously the fear. He could not enjoy the bed, he could not enjoy the palace -- the sword was hanging on top of him.

In the morning the king inquired, "Did you sleep well?"

He said, "How could I sleep? What nonsense are you talking to me? Everything was okay, but that sword just hanging by a thin thread -- any moment it can fall.

Just a breeze, and I will be killed."

So the king said, "You couldn't enjoy the bed? It is the most beautiful we have in this palace, and the room that I have given to you is the most luxurious."

He said, "I don't even remember that room and that bed. I have never been in such suffering -- because of that sword."

The king said, "Then it is better you don't go. I am in this palace, but the sword is hanging on me -- the sword of death. And the thread is thinner than this, and any moment I can die."

When one remembers death, how can one possess anything? The place is there, the palace is there, the kingdom is there -- but death is more there than anything else. How can one possess? When death is there, and one remembers it, one becomes non-possessive. Then one knows, "I can possess only myself. Death will take everything else."