YoungSingh

Where do you find a community for enlightenment in day to day life.

11 posts in this topic

I believe one of my biggest obstacles in self-actualization is not being able to find people in my day to day life that are also working consciously towards enlightenment/destroying the ego. How does one find this type of crowd. I want to make friends that are on the same level but where does one look?

Depends on your area. Obviously no-one can tell you exactly how it looks like in your own town. But generally you can try buddhist sanghas or look out for spiritual satanists covens or something like that. Check out your town. Even a Qi-Gong or Kung Fu school can turn out to be pretty good.

But maybe your town offers nothing at all. Wouldn't suprpise me, self-actualizing people are rare to find. But even if you manage to find for example a buddhist sangha you still need to be very lucky to find people who actually take their practice serious and are not completely degenerates. It's not easy, I would stick to online communities first and from there look if I can find people in my area. I have never found a good community in "real"(outside) life, they all proved to be a huge dissapointment.

If you work on your siddhis and open your third eye, learn astral traveling and you will get in contact with others easier. Especially if you learn telepathy you are bound to get to know others because most likely you will be contacted first by other telepathics and various spirit entities. As a self-actualizing person having no access to telepathy is like for the regular mundane person having no access to the internet. A whole other world passing you by.

If everything fails you can still hope for pure luck. I once saw a cute girl sitting in the park reading a Eckhart Tolle book. Usually Eckhart Tolle doesn't impress me but it was still a rare sight to randomly meet another person who at least seems to be interested in self-actualization and spirituality. Maybe you will meet someone by accident.

Edited by Otogi

People into Western yoga are generally into self-improvement. Try joining a local yoga class and schmooze with them. They will introduce you to like-minded people. Western yoga classes exist in every city in the world at this point I think.

But don't expect people there to be into hardcore enlightenment work. That kind of community is very rare. For that you need an ashram or a spiritual workshop lead by some enlightened guru.

As always, be careful with group-think. Even the most enlightenment-oriented communities are full of corruption, dogma, idol worship, politics, rituals, and distractions (see Osho documentary to see how bad it can get).

Serious spiritual work is best done solo. 10-day solo meditation retreats are the shit. But for newbies, a community can be useful to start off.

Sign up to a Vipassana retreat in your area. You will meet some serious spiritual practitioners there.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hey Leo,  I know it is not the main topic but I wanted to ask you : I have done a Vipassana retreat and I am very motivated to do the experience again. My only concern is about my kriya practice that I have started almost for 1 month now. When I attended the vipassana retreat they were clear about the rules and the importance of not using any other spiritual technique there. 

Do you thinks it will reduce my work on my yoga practice to stop for 10 days and coming back to the practice after the vipassana retreat ? Do you have any recommmandation ? I am thinking about solo retreat or another group retreats where I can practice yoga...

?

Well enlightened being doesn’t depend on a community. It depends on understanding/comprehension of ones own nature. 

But this forum is where you might find like minded people so??‍♂️

Edited by Faceless

3 hours ago, Taha mouline said:

Hey Leo,  I know it is not the main topic but I wanted to ask you : I have done a Vipassana retreat and I am very motivated to do the experience again. My only concern is about my kriya practice that I have started almost for 1 month now. When I attended the vipassana retreat they were clear about the rules and the importance of not using any other spiritual technique there. 

Do you thinks it will reduce my work on my yoga practice to stop for 10 days and coming back to the practice after the vipassana retreat ? Do you have any recommmandation ? I am thinking about solo retreat or another group retreats where I can practice yoga...

I don't follow such rules. But that is me.

The retreats I've gone to, they pretty much let me do whatever the hell I want. Some are very strict, others aren't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There is no such group. We all are in different levels of experience, reality, growth.

<3

@Taha mouline in Goenka's discourses, he tells you the significance and importance of committing to only vipassana for 10 days. You can do more harm than good by mixing those techniques. 

Thanks for your answers both of you, I'll find a different retreat, not the goeka one who offert more freedom even if I 'll pay in my pocket to go, it is worth it for me ! :) 

19 hours ago, Quanty said:

We all are in different levels of experience, reality, growth.

"Everything is the Light of divine perfection at various levels of maturity" - Matt Kahn

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.