Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BjarkeT

Falling into the trap of comfort and how to overcome it

3 posts in this topic

I think this is a huge trap and probably the biggest trap in my own life 

i am aware that leo have a video on one simple rule to ace life which sort of talk about this but i think it would be nice on a video about specifically this part(and how to overcome it)

there is both good and bad things about comfort but it can be a trap to only pursue comfort as it will have little of the larger reward in life that are outside ones comfort zone especially if one keep seeking comfort for decades and the danger of it is that it can be done subconsciously so you may not even be aware of you are doing it and by doing it you become limited of what you can do

if you can't go outside your comfort zone there is in a way no personal development or growth 

you could for example be limited to: learning hard things because it's uncomfortable, being on a stage in front of a lot of people, being 100% honest with your self and other people, taking 100% responsibility, taking action towards your goals, taking action towards big goals, being more social, being authentic 24/7, quitting addiction, letting difficult things in life stop your personal growth, letting difficult things in life make your comfort zone smaller because of something dangerous instead of growing as a person etc.

the world is huge but by only pursuing comfort you limit your experience in it, the most dangerous of pursuing comfort is being alive but not actually living the life.

Edited by BjarkeT

Yeah something about the balance between comfort and stressors to optimize progress should be amazing.

Like a way to determine if you're pushing yourself too hard or too little.