Peter Zemskov

How to meditate when not getting enough sleep?

30 posts in this topic

@Max_V exactly what I meant, thanks for expressing it so nicely, I feel you! maybe one day it will become our second nature, so that everything else becomes a distraction from just sitting there and being. xD let's be gentle and loving towards ourselves until we eventually get there <3

whatever arises, love that

You might get some value out of this. I find that the do nothing technique goes well with what he talks about.

We don't need sleep actually. Less and less sleep at the same pace we awaken.

<3

@Peter Zemskov To meditate through sleepiness requires becoming a fucking god. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Make sure you get enough sleep.  That’s the #1 priority.  Enforce it.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 18.04.2018 at 6:38 AM, Charlotte said:

@Peter Zemskov  I feel you dude! I'm an 8 hours solid kinda person also. 

I meditate daily even if I've had 3/4 hours sleep. To me personally it's non negotiable. Ways I prevent actually falling asleep... 

Back straight af.

Depending on how tired I am I do it with eyes open.

If your that tired your back starts to bend forward go meditate with your back upright against a wall, that way when you feel your back coming away from the wall you can adjust very very slowly. 

Go to the root issue as to why you aren't getting enough sleep.

I also think "so what if I become sleepy during meditation sometimes, at least I'm still putting in the effort everyday regardless" ?.

Try not to be too harsh on yourself also. 

♥️

Thanks for the advice. Really helped me not to doze off today

On 18.04.2018 at 3:39 PM, Max_V said:

@phoenix666 Yes I can understand what you're talking about. 

I'm very committed to meditation so it doesn't even come up as something I have to decide to do every day. I just find myself being moved to the cushion and sitting.

My self-love has gotten a lot better but I think nevertheless, I would really struggle and give myself a hard time when I miss a day

The mix of motivation towards meditation is swinging to the positive side but there is still a part of negative motivation that drives me to do it because I will inevitably suffer if I don't.

I face that problem too. It's really a shame when such an effortless thing as meditation starts feeling as an obligation. I think the problem is in moralization. We shouldn't say we should meditate :)

9 hours ago, Peter Zemskov said:

I face that problem too. It's really a shame when such an effortless thing as meditation starts feeling as an obligation. I think the problem is in moralization. We shouldn't say we should meditate :)

true! I just trust that one day it will become my second nature. not something I have to do, but the single most beautiful option there is, being. it fluctuates, there are days where I enjoy it so much I'd want to meditate all day. other days I get lost in work and being busy, and I feel resistance to go, leave everything and just sit on the cushion. being is something we have to cultivate :)

I wish you all the best with your practice <3

whatever arises, love that

Haritaki 300% +- oxygen boost, tested by myself.