Dodo

The Real Enlightenment

16 posts in this topic

I read about the effects of opening the Heart Chakra: 
"Opening the heart chakra is an essential practice in a number of spiritual traditions. The fourth chakra becomes the mediator for divine love and access to non-dual states where there is only love, where the one who loves and the object of love, the lover and the beloved are one. As a person living in your 4thchakra, you may start to see love in anything and everything, being at peace and centered in your heart no matter the circumstances. You may find yourself effortlessly trusting other and interacting with people in a loving and graceful way."

This sounds awfully familiar.

So I guess the Enlightenment we are all seeking is opening the Heart Chakra?

The other Enlightenment (which everyone has and you don't have to seek for) is something different :D 

So LOVE is the way then! 

Buddha taught the middle way.

There are 7 chakras. The middle is number 4! What a coincidence! 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Dodo don’t get stuck in experiences or states. You’re goal is enlightenment. Stop chasing chakras and whatnot. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Just now, How to be wise said:

@Dodo don’t get stuck in experiences or states. You’re goal is enlightenment. Stop chasing chakras and whatnot. 

How can I chase it if it's right here! 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Dodo By chasing it, I mean you’re working very hard to ‘get it open’. 

The point is, what is your goal. Is it enlightenment, or opening the chakras. 

If you’re goal is enlightenment, make sure to remember that opening the chakras is a means, a tool, and not the goal. Don’t get too obsessed with them. 

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Just now, How to be wise said:

@Dodo By chasing it, I mean you’re working very hard to ‘get it open’. 

The point is, what is you’re goal. Is it enlightenment, or opening the chakras. 

If you’re goal is enlightenment, make sure to remember that opening the chakras is a means, a tool, and not the goal. Don’t get too obsessed with them. 

I was not aware of my hard work ethic... You overestimate me, padawan. I'm lazy af

Do nothing meditation it is.. :( 

3 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I was not aware of my hard work ethic... You overestimate me, padawan. I'm lazy af

Do nothing meditation it is.. :( 

If you want permanent enlightenment for the smallest input of work, I would suggest that you check out this technique. Regular meditation will not get you to enlightenment (probably). 

Opening the heart chakra is wonderful stuff, but it is not enlightenment.

There are many facets of growing yourself which are great and wonderful to do, but are not enlightenment.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are many facets of growing yourself which are great and wonderful to do, but are not enlightenment.

How can a state of non-dual love not be what enlightenment is?
That would be one of my definitions of enlightenment... I probably heard a guru or two talking about Enlightenment in these terms! The highest high. 
Unconditional Love? The Love/Bliss that passeth understanding and is your true nature? <3 <3 <3 <3 YAM <3 <3 <3 <3  :D Mu

@Dodo It's one facet of the larger jewel.

I've had awakenings which were far more profound than infinite love. But infinite love is great.

The most profound awakening I've had so far was pure Nothingness, pure Mu. It was beyond love.

1 hour ago, brovakhiin said:

Because chakras are content and love is content. But what ARE they?

Love is not content. Love is the space in which content appears. 

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The work of Byron Katie does lead to enlightenment. And very quickly to be honest. 

What else is standing between you and permanent enlightenment other than your beliefs?

By the way, Byron Katie actually used ‘The Work’ for her enlightenment. Her first enlightenment experience was just an experience. She did ‘The Work’ on her self and became permanently enlightened after one year of doing it. There are similar stories from her clients.

What is the difference between Ramana Maharishi and someone who completed ‘The Work’?

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

The work of Byron Katie does lead to enlightenment. And very quickly to be honest. 

What else is standing between you and permanent enlightenment other than your beliefs?

By the way, Byron Katie actually used ‘The Work’ for her enlightenment. Her first enlightenment experience was just an experience. She did ‘The Work’ on her self and became permanently enlightened after one year of doing it. There are similar stories from her clients.

What is the difference between Ramana Maharishi and someone who completed ‘The Work’?

What very few people appreciate is just how many degrees of enlightenment there are.

There is enlightenment, and then there is ENLIGHTENMENT!!!

And then there is....

P.S. Don't take this to mean that "The Work" is bad or wrong or useless. It just means, there might be more.

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

It's a huge, vast difference. Study Ramana's life and you'll begin to see the depth of the enlightenment journey, maybe. Ultimately you'll have to experience it for yourself.

Just a glimpse of the Absolute totally shatters everything you knew and throws all prior experiences out the window. Many states of nonduality can be similar in description, for instances, there are many void states which seem absolute, but people stagnate and fail to go deeper. They still have karma and aren't really free from bondage--they retain their vasanas, don't see the whole of reality, and never know Sat Chit Ananda.

When Ramana talks about the Bliss of the Self, it's not some fancy, roundabout way of saying you become happy when you're enlightened. He's describing the nature of reality.

Edited by username

@Leo Gura @username ‘The work’ destroys all vasanas and karma. If one completes ‘The work’, they will feel blissful and ecstatic for every moment of their lives until their death, no matter what happens or what they do. Total unconditional love will come from doing it. And it’s so easy!