Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lupe

A moment of no self?

2 posts in this topic

About a week ago I had this experience. Before going to therapy I went to the restroom, I think its important that i mention that directly from the toilet there is a mirror. As soon as sit to pee my usual experience of reality completely changes, like it shifted so quickly I suddenly froze and I just sat and watch, my thoughts were gone because its like i became shocked with being. I couldn't even recognize myself as I looked in the mirror. Like holy shit I remember being so still and everything fell away, everything! 

This wasn't a unifying experience for me were i recognized myself as everything. More like everything shattered so much, I didn't know who I was. 

Nothing existed in me during those moments, only after when I thought about how freaky and scary it was. Does this make sense?

what can I take from this? what does this mean?

@Lupe Awesome. Touched on the awareness, which is aware of the thinking. Consider which do you identify with?  Let thoughts pass on through, they were never you, just seemed that way. Mirrors are very helpful. Is identifying with the person you see in the mirror as logical as identifying with the body/brain? I say yes, as in, that logic is just another thought. You are neither of those, and the mirror tells you this. You obviously are very honest. Thanks for sharing that precious moment. 

You can think about what you see, be aware of what you think, and BE what is Being aware. 

Journey of a lifetime!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE