Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malelekakis

Why the fuck would I want to kill me?

23 posts in this topic

Why not maintain the illusion, I like  life,I like girlfriend, I like  mom, after all of this consciousness work I can't see any bad in the world, there's  a lot of peace in life,  suffering levels are very very low but I start to see that enlightenement will end all of this... Why destroy it and not enjoy it while I have it. After all death will come some time soon, why chase it then? 

You see the world with your own eyes.If you are in peace then you will see others in peace.It is OK not wanting letting go.I am chasing truth and power.They come through the death of the ego and you are even more happier.I guess you don't refer to physical suicide!

10 minutes ago, Crystalous said:

You see the world with your own eyes.If you are in peace then you will see others in peace.It is OK not wanting letting go.I am chasing truth and power.They come through the death of the ego and you are even more happier.I guess you don't refer to physical suicide!

I have been chasing truth for years, I have had enormous insights, my life became amazing after this process, I live in total peace and contentment but at this level where it feels like the next step is enlightenement, which is like physical suicide... 

No it's simply a detachment from the sense of the self.Your life is all right and you don't want something more but imagine having a serious problem in your life...this would speed up the process.It is OK not wanting become enlightened.Enlightenment is not for everybody, even if you fucking love enlightenment and you chase it probably you won't achieve it.Relax you are OK you are alive and you can chase enlightenment in two five or ten years from now.Or maybe never that's OK too.There is nothing bad or good there is only different...

Yeah. Enlightenment should not be forced. If you don't understand the meaning or concepts now, you can just wait and feel the moment as @Crystalous said.

A point I'll like to address. You enjoy life so why "kill" the ego? Well the ego is all about "me" and will always have a hunger to improve life and when that improvement is not met, you start to swim in emotions and thus, become suffered. But sometimes you may feel like that work on enlightenment is not worth it? Perhaps it isn't. Ultimately, be in the moment and enjoy the flow :)

You're not human, you're the universe

19 minutes ago, Crystalous said:

@Crystalous who's detaching from the self?how do you know what enlightenement is?  At this point where I am it's just a matter of choice, I don't have to chase it, it 's waiting for me at the corner. I'm just afraid, to go around the corner because I'm attached to my life.brother it's far more than you could ever have imagined. This path is going to kill you. 

41 minutes ago, Malelekakis said:

Why not maintain the illusion, I like  life,I like girlfriend, I like  mom, after all of this consciousness work I can't see any bad in the world, there's  a lot of peace in life,  suffering levels are very very low but I start to see that enlightenement will end all of this... Why destroy it and not enjoy it while I have it. After all death will come some time soon, why chase it then? 

I see a lot of people like you trying to put a complex topic into very simplified and over generalized terms, then they confuse that for the reality. 

The thing you're not understanding is that illusion and "you're life" is predicated on falsehood, and for the people who don't understand this are suffering and not knowing why they're suffering. There's nothing wrong with having a girlfriend, having peace and being happy (that should be obvious right?), Enlightenment reveals the Truth of everything, and if that Truth goes against your agenda (being happy, having a girlfriend) then you're gonna resist it, and it's that resistance is the thing that causes ALL of your suffering in life, especially if you're dependent on external things to make you happy, you're guaranteed to suffer. 

Enlightenment is just Truth, can you handle the Truth? If you can't then that's the exact reason why you'll always suffer in life. (if or whenever you find yourself suffering.)

This thread is a good indicator that you're suffering right now, resisting the Truth. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

I see a lot of people like you trying to put a complex topic into very simplified and over generalized terms, then they confuse that for the reality. 

The thing you're not understanding is that illusion and "you're life" is predicated on falsehood, and for the people who don't understand this are suffering and not knowing why they're suffering. There's nothing wrong with having a girlfriend, having peace and being happy (that should be obvious right?), Enlightenment reveals the Truth of everything, and if that Truth goes against your agenda (being happy, having a girlfriend) then you're gonna resist it, and it's that resistance is the thing that causes ALL of your suffering in life, especially if you're dependent on external things to make you happy, you're guaranteed to suffer. 

Enlightenment is just Truth, can you handle the Truth? If you can't then that's the exact reason why you'll always suffer in life. (if or whenever you find yourself suffering.)

@TruthWhy not enjoy suffering ?I mean that is the beauty of life, why try to avoid suffering? 

3 minutes ago, Malelekakis said:

@TruthWhy not enjoy suffering ?I mean that is the beauty of life, why try to avoid suffering? 

I agree :) In a sense you could say Enlightenment is the enjoyment of suffering, I never said you should avoid suffering, if anything I said you should completely surrender yourself to it and allow it to purify you. 

Memento Mori

You will avoid suffering when your suffering will become so big that you will tell to yourself enough with this shitty emotion and you will fix it with your inner power.Everyone suffer, you have to suffer way more to understand this

@Malelekakis haha no need to do anything - killing means you are killing the sense of separate self attached to thing - basically you are killing all the attachment. Afterwards You will go full circle. I am enjoying life. I am enjoying time with my girlfriend and last night's burger after clubbing. 

1 hour ago, Crystalous said:

Are you fully enlightened? 

@Malelekakis Who says all of that will be destroyed? After enlightenment you can do anything you could do before, the question is just whether you want to. You don't have to renounce life, leave your girlfriend or your family, if you don't want to. And if you did want to, it wouldn't be a problem, would it?

Just because you give up Ego doesn't mean your life has to become like some kind of monk.  You will still do lots of things after you become awakened.  You just won't be striving after them for egoic reasons.  You'll be much more grounded and calm with life.  You won't be neurotic about things.  You're not gonna fall off the face of the earth after awakening.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

16 hours ago, Malelekakis said:

Why the fuck would I want to kill me?

That's like being a tyrant and asking yourself: Why the fuck would I want to stop being a tyrant?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 hours ago, Malelekakis said:

Are you fully enlightened? 

No

Once you become aware of Absolute, You are not satisfied with less than It. It will cost my life. I am thankful for it. Honestly, pursuing personality and everything that comes with it wasnt worth anyway. 

The pursuit shouldnt be aimed towards "killing yourself", the pursuit should be a pursuit towards wisdom and truth. when you pursue truth, you will naturally die because the ego is built upon falsehood.

people i feel get caught up in "getting enlightened" like it's some goal that will bring the ego fulfillment. Im not enlightened but I dont think it's so. when the ego "gets conscious" of what enlightenment truly is it will try to run away from it. only the pursuit of Truth will push the ego over the edge.