0ne

Why is the illusion so persistent?

34 posts in this topic

As I meditate, I can't help but notice how unshakeably stuck I am in my perception, and how much suffering it causes. Why is that? How do I break it? How can I be more persistent than myself? Or is enlightenment necessarily produced by an "external" factor?

Please offer your different perspectives!

Because you are still believing it, its true. Ask why? What am I believing? What experience triggered my belief?

Why is the illusion so persistent?

oh shit, it is! so much! baffles me every time. so persistent and so perfect, all the time! the devil's in the detail. 

I don't know why though. I guess it has to be. to the ego it's literally a matter of life and death, so it has no other option. is has to literally be the greatest deception there is..

whatever arises, love that

3 hours ago, 0ne said:

Why is that?

Double check your practice techniques, consider what practices to add. Isolate what you’re holding on to so you can let it go. Self inquire as to the suffering. It is persistent, but there is not an external factor, that’s for sure. 

Lots of practices. Takes a while. Enjoy making the foundation, then take a trip.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@0ne Because you are an illusion. And your very life depends upon you not realizing it.

You're not yet fully appreciating the significance of breaking this illusion. We are talking about breaking reality and the end of life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Because the Core of Society is the illusion you are stuck in. The majority of people still have a great influence with their thoughts on their surroundings. It is not easy to escape the influence of the majority. Thoughts are the illusion ONLY. Transcend thoughts and break free. 

<3

The way i like to look at it, is that if i was ( or am) god, and i like to make the ultimate Game, i make this as game as smooth and as unhackable as it can be ( and as god, i know every infinite possibility, because i am infinite). This is the game for me to surprise myself at the end (and its impossible to surprise me), so it needs to blow me away and make me laugh when i finally (or if ever) figure it out. So can I ever hack it? I dont know! I have until infinity to figure it out. So illusion is not just persistent. Its the game itself. And maybe the rule is that if you want to get out of the game, you need to play it (paradoxical) like Jumanji. 

It’s God’s will.

Keep in mind God isnt some cruel dictator punishing his creation— because actually the real you=God. 

just focus on liberation.

Edited by Bobby

3 hours ago, Malelekakis said:

@Leo Gura why would "I"  want to end life? 

@Malelekakis That’s if you assume you’re alive and living in the first place. If you’re into Truth, God/Self Realization, etc. than the you that you assume yourself to be has to drop. 

There is “something” more alive prior to this dream of a person.

4 hours ago, Malelekakis said:

@Leo Gura why would "I"  want to end life? 

Maybe you care about understanding what reality is. That would require your death.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe you care about understanding what reality is. That would require your death.

Some people misunderstand your saying I guess. I guess you mean death of all attachments. 

@Leo Gura I see you mentioning end of life when breaking illusion quite often. Could you please explain here. So does Enlightenment leads to a real physical death? Surely not, then what do you mean under this statement.

thank you :) 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Leo Gurawhat If I don't want to understand reality and just want to experience it?  @Galynatrue enlightenement probably means pure destruction to everything that you have always known, body, nature, other people, everything. Do not underestimate it, it's too fucking big 

@Malelekakis you are free to do whatever the hell you want to do. You can take one main value in life - the love for example and it will guide you 

24 minutes ago, Malelekakis said:

what If I don't want to understand reality and just want to experience it?

Well, you are experiencing it. You're unconscious of what you're experiencing, but you are experiencing something.

So then you got nothing left to do but kick back and enjoy your pina colada at the beach. You have no interest in Truth. You will live and die in delusion.

6 hours ago, Galyna said:

@Leo Gura I see you mentioning end of life when breaking illusion quite often. Could you please explain here. So does Enlightenment leads to a real physical death? Surely not, then what do you mean under this statement.

thank you :) 

Enlightenment is the realization that you have always been dead.

No one was born. Nothing is happening.

The confusion about this comes from that idea you have of death as being "lights out." That is not death. That is your materialist idea of death, which turns out to be wrong.

Death cannot make sense from the materialist paradigm. It only makes sense once you're dead.

No self = death

The Buddha was a man who sat under a tree and meditated for so long that he died. But then his body kept on living and teaching for another 40 years. How that is possible you cannot understand so long as you are alive.

To awaken, is to awake up from life, in the same way that you can wake up from a bad dream to realize it wasn't ever real.

See my video: Life Is A Dream

@Leo Gura thanks a lot, I will watch you video, I am sure I already did, I always do, sometimes several times. Leo I am impressed what leap you made during this past two years I am following you. It is very sad that people don't comment as much as they used to under your weekly videos. Of course for a usual audience it is hard to go that deep. I left you a comment under Quantum Mechanics Video,  so far the best series made by anyone that I've ever found. Thanks for contributing and sharing wise content . I am sure you are aware that it might take a whole a lot of time before people start to appreciate your work. Never seen any teacher capture so much material and information in his work. But, yeah... Chuck Hillig gave me the same response about the illusury nature of the self. I was just a bit confused when you said about physical death.

Thanks a lot.

Hugs. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"