Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malelekakis

To any jed mckenna fans out there.

41 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Faceless Yeah, Im spending more time outside. Where do you sleep?

Sleeping bag on a mat on the ground 

Edited by Faceless

Yard. I grew up in the outdoors so I feel very comfortable outside. I use to live in Yosemite and got very comfortable camping and resting my head where ever I happened to be. Now I live in more of a small city setting so to get back to that feeling I get with nature I sleep out in my back yard othen. 

My girlfriend and others see as wierd but??‍♂️

I do what I do when I want to do it?

Edited by Faceless

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

I do what I do when I want to do it?

15 year old me couldn't but 18 year old Ether can relate

6 minutes ago, Ether said:

15 year old me couldn't but 18 year old Ether can relate

Yeah man. The earlier you get exposed to that the easier it is. I started doing that at 11 when I moved to Yosemite 

Just now, Faceless said:

@Ether

you sleep on the floor? 

nah, on a bed 

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Yeah man. The earlier you get exposed to that the easier it is. I started doing that at 11 when I moved to Yosemite 

I meant, doing what I want.

1 minute ago, Ether said:

nah, on a bed 

I meant, doing what I want.

Oh lol ? 

yeah I was non compliant as a kid and now 

Edited by Faceless

5 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Faceless Dont consideer yourself as anything. 

That’s what I mean. That’s what makes being free of a self image so sweet. 

Whats the weather like where you are ? 

Try sleeping outdoors man. It’s great?

Edited by Faceless

@Markus @Malelekakis @Nahm Did you guys read the 4 books?  Seems pretty enlightened to me... I didnt get any heartless vibes... seems like he wanted to tell the truth as best he could without sugar coating it.  He does seem to care for his audience

33 minutes ago, Faceless said:

That’s what I mean. That’s what makes being free of a self image so sweet. 

Whats the weather like where you are ? 

Try sleeping outdoors man. It’s great?

I dont know if i will sleep but I would like to take a walk at night. Never tried it without my dad.

Just now, Ether said:

I dont know if i will sleep but I would like to take a walk at night. Never tried it without my dad.

Yeah man?

1 hour ago, Nexeternity said:

@Markus @Malelekakis @Nahm Did you guys read the 4 books?  Seems pretty enlightened to me... I didnt get any heartless vibes... seems like he wanted to tell the truth as best he could without sugar coating it.  He does seem to care for his audience

Non-duality is quite a spectrum with people being in states with deepening clarity, and either a flavor more towards emptiness or God. Not saying he is heartless, just nihilistic. And nihilism is still a perversion of Truth caused by vasanas. The character clearly does have vasanas.

Edited by Markus

9 hours ago, Malelekakis said:

Who will choose to go beyond? What is the point? There is no one there to experience love, why go for it? 

Why not go for it?

Awakening is just nihilism fully realized.

If McKenna sounds "nihilistic" to you, that's because that's the way YOU are reading him.

Don't confuse lack of sugar-coating with "nihilism".

There is a certain compassion (masculine compassion) that comes with being ruthlessly blunt about a matter, as opposed to glittering it up with promises of 72 virgins. The ego-mind tends to hate direct Jihad. It's too much for an ego to stomach unless one is really spiritually mature.

But also, keep in mind, that people will have different journeys to awakening. For some people the journey will be very hellish and bleak, for others it will be more heavenly and lovey-dovey. That's gonna depend a lot on your personal karma and how your mind interprets the journey.

Also, keep in mind, there are many degrees of awakening. Certain levels may be sweet while others bleak. Again, depending on how your mind interprets it. For example, some minds will find it horrifying to discover that there is no right/wrong, while others will find this delightful. Some minds will find it atrocious to discover that God is nothingness, while others will find this beautiful.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 4/14/2018 at 7:55 PM, Leo Gura said:

Awakening is just nihilism fully realized.

If McKenna sounds "nihilistic" to you, that's because that's the way YOU are reading him.

Don't confuse lack of sugar-coating with "nihilism".

There is a certain compassion (masculine compassion) that comes with being ruthlessly blunt about a matter, as opposed to glittering it up with promises of 72 virgins. The ego-mind tends to hate direct Jihad. It's too much for an ego to stomach unless one is really spiritually mature.

But also, keep in mind, that people will have different journeys to awakening. For some people the journey will be very hellish and bleak, for others it will be more heavenly and lovey-dovey. That's gonna depend a lot on your personal karma and how your mind interprets the journey.

Also, keep in mind, there are many degrees of awakening. Certain levels may be sweet while others bleak. Again, depending on how your mind interprets it. For example, some minds will find it horrifying to discover that there is no right/wrong, while others will find this delightful. Some minds will find it atrocious to discover that God is nothingness, while others will find this beautiful.

I feel like my worldview is probably what you refer to as realized nihilism but would you mind defining what you think realized nihilism is? (as opposed to unrealized)

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 No, you are tricking yourself. Having a worldview of any kind is false nihilism.

True, realized nihilism is total nonduality. You ain't even close to that yet.

All ideas about reality are basically false. So start dropping them.

Reality is Nothingness. This cannot be understood using the mind. It requires a deep awakening out of materialism and duality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.