mohdanas

Need Self Mastery Channel Name Feedback

19 posts in this topic

I would like to have your honest view/feedback on the selection of my channel named "Sultan Of Smile" intended for the following purpose. 

- Life Coaching

- Self Mastery

- Wisdom

Btw - "Sultan" means King. 

What is "Sultan Of Smile? 

"Sultan Of Smile" is my concept of an individual that has achieved life/wealth mastery or self actualization.

This is what I intend to learn and teach. 

My Motta - "Grow Bigger Than Your Problems" ( WILL REPHRASE IT ) 

Or Should I Go with my Personal Brand? 

I do own the name Md Anas but I like "Sultan Of Smile" 

Edited by mohdanas

I think it sounds cool and has charm, I really like the image, however but my gut feeling is that it's not ideal from a branding standpoint. The meaning and feeling is a bit too cryptic and it has a bit of clumsiness in its phrasing/grammar. 

My opinion: keep looking within 

6 minutes ago, Arman said:

I think it sounds cool and has charm, I really like the image, however but my gut feeling is that it's not ideal from a branding standpoint. The meaning and feeling is a bit too cryptic and it has a bit of clumsiness in its phrasing/grammar. 

My opinion: keep looking within 

I totally relate to you and this is why I am confused. 

It suits my personality as sultan is a term for muslim and I am muslim, plus I speak very emotionally often using alot of expression with the dominant being smile with dimples, lol. :) 

I will try to rephrase it around this - 

Plus, long before when I was extremely depressed and in trauma, I wondered if a month can go by where I can feel absolute happiness every single moment with not even a negative thought. I was just amazed at that thought, and wondered that would be truly magical. I would like be smile king a.k.a sultan of smile. 

And, I realized self actualization is a path towards that. 

Edited by mohdanas

Just now, mohdanas said:

I totally relate to you and this is why I am confused. 

I will try to rephrase it. 

It suits my personality as sultan is a term for muslim and I am muslim, plus I speak very emotionally often using alot of expression with the dominant being smile with dimples, lol. :) 

I love the word Sultan... and it does feel fitting for you. 

I really love the imagery of the desert, kingdoms, warriors, red sunsets and the majesty and beauty that comes with it all. I have a middle eastern background so maybe I am biased. 

Perhaps try picking a handful of words that you like the feeling/idea/power of and then put each of them into www.thesaurus.com to see what comes up

you can then write down all the ones that stick out to you from what you see, and create a kind of brainstorm of ideas and feelings 

---

also, theres nothing wrong with branding it after yourself, but you could even possibly have the name inclusive in a kind of community/family way, for example, from Sultan of Smile (you) to Sultans of Smile (you and your followers) 

just an idea 

ps. I'd be remissed not to leave this here :D

Just now, mohdanas said:

haha, I like the vibes of this song. Gonna play it driving on a long road through a sunny day. 

I will consider your advice, thank you :)

No problem, btw I really liked the backstory you shared about the name - it made me like it even more. If it feels right for you in the end, go for it. Mashallah! 

2 hours ago, Arman said:

No problem, btw I really liked the backstory you shared about the name - it made me like it even more. If it feels right for you in the end, go for it. Mashallah! 

Thank you brother :)

My first attempt at rephrasing it, how did you find it? 

Intro

If there is anything worth conquering then its happiness, your lasting smile but it isnt easy, because there are enemy in the form of many problems. 

But how to overcome your problems? The besy way is to outgrow them, becoming bigger than the our problems. 

So, here we aim to reach our max potential, towards self mastery, wisdom and self actualization to conquer happiness by overcoming various challenges of our life , in order to become what I refer to as 

"Sultan Of Smile" 

I am Anas, and this is what I intended to become and teach. 

8 hours ago, mohdanas said:

Thank you brother :)

My first attempt at rephrasing it, how did you find it? 

Intro

If there is anything worth conquering then its happiness, your lasting smile but it isnt easy, because there are enemy in the form of many problems. 

But how to overcome your problems? The besy way is to outgrow them, becoming bigger than the our problems. 

So, here we aim to reach our max potential, towards self mastery, wisdom and self actualization to conquer happiness by overcoming various challenges of our life , in order to become what I refer to as 

"Sultan Of Smile" 

I am Anas, and this is what I intended to become and teach. 

I think it's striking a very inspiring chord. great stuff. Reminds me a lot of yogananda.

I particularly like the idea of 'outgrowing' problems instead of spending energy trying to solve them. 

@mohdanas  I like the name really. It makes me remember of Sultans of Swing, a song played by Dire Straits in the 70's / 80's

I think is really original and people will know about the content of your channel and associate it with the name. Don't worry about that. It's good, really.

This is the song if you didn't know about it

:-)

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

@mohdanas  I like the name really. It makes me remember of Sultans of Swing, a song played by Dire Straits in the 70's / 80's

I think is really original and people will know about the content of your channel and associate it with the name. Don't worry about that. It's good, really.

Thank You, I am going with this domain. My family liked it too, so maybe it doesn't strike a 100% from a branding view point but so far witht he feedback I have received. It does have a great face value. 

This is the song if you didn't know about it

haha, Arman introduce me to this song just couple of post before in this very thread.

6 hours ago, Arman said:

I think it's striking a very inspiring chord. great stuff. Reminds me a lot of yogananda.

I particularly like the idea of 'outgrowing' problems instead of spending energy trying to solve them. 

Thank You, I have his book "The Auto Biography Of Yogi", will be reading it at some point, my plate is full atm.

P.S. - I am extremely grateful for this site for connecting me to such awesome people. 

28 minutes ago, mohdanas said:

haha, Arman introduce me to this song just couple of post before in this very thread.

Oh, hahaha... I didn't see he put a link to the song! Lol...

Nice. Maybe you have to do a similar song for your channel hehehe... 

Cool

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Oh, hahaha... I didn't see he put a link to the song! Lol...

Nice. Maybe you have to do a similar song for your channel hehehe... 

Cool

hahah, actually, I have written a song in which a guy is praying continuously to god about everything that is going wrong with his life and the world and then in the end as he is crying, praying and singing, he will stumble on his reflection in the water, and realize and he himself is the God. So, instead of praying and depending on external entity, he would wipe his tears and start to solve all these issues himself. 

I guess, that would be the theme song for my channel :D

8 hours ago, mohdanas said:

hahah, actually, I have written a song in which a guy is praying continuously to god about everything that is going wrong with his life and the world and then in the end as he is crying, praying and singing, he will stumble on his reflection in the water, and realize and he himself is the God. So, instead of praying and depending on external entity, he would wipe his tears and start to solve all these issues himself. 

I guess, that would be the theme song for my channel :D

Awesome! Sounds great!!! Now I wanna listen to that song!

hehehehe

Good!

5 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

Is your channel name more important than your vision?

A good channel name will make him achieve his vision more efficiently. ;)

@mohdanas Please notify us when you start your channel. Looking forward to seeing it!

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

13 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Awesome! Sounds great!!! Now I wanna listen to that song!

hehehehe

Good!

haha, its a long project but you will me the first person, I will send it too once I do it. 

5 hours ago, Torkys said:

A good channel name will make him achieve his vision more efficiently. ;)

@mohdanas Please notify us when you start your channel. Looking forward to seeing it!

Thank for such support and love, guys, not really used to it. 

made me emotional :P

Cool! I like the name but I guess it sounds a bit corny. its hard getting a good name. Sultan I like but smile idk. It feels like putting a serious word with a very non serious word if you know what I mean.

A good tip I have is to ask yourself: Would I like this name in 10 years? this really helped me.

Looking forward to seeing some content brother! as for advice I would say, just start and do. Your improvement will come along the way.

Sultan has a negative connotation to me.  I don’t know where that comes from.  I think something like dictator when I hear it.  

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Sultan has a negative connotation to me.  I don’t know where that comes from.  I think something like dictator when I hear it.  

Yes, dictate your own happiness :P 

Perhaps I can have a mascot logo of a smiley sultan and that can take that mood off. 

I understand, somebody like you, who is a student of philosophy and history, would hold on the meaning that they signify in their learning. 

This made me realize, whatever I come up with is going to be subjective. And, if I should think of the name, than, I should think from the mindset of average person that is beginner or amateur in the field of self help and personality development. 

On 4/16/2018 at 3:44 AM, dude said:

Cool! I like the name but I guess it sounds a bit corny. its hard getting a good name. Sultan I like but smile idk. It feels like putting a serious word with a very non serious word if you know what I mean.

A good tip I have is to ask yourself: Would I like this name in 10 years? this really helped me.

Looking forward to seeing some content brother! as for advice I would say, just start and do. Your improvement will come along the way.

Thank You.

Idk, how well would I think of this in 10 years of time, I guess it would depend on what I do with it.

And,

In the end, I guess, it all come down to individual associations. So, I cannot really come across a time that would fit and be fascinating for all or maybe I can but it would undoubtfully take time and delay what actually matters is producing content.