egoless

Separate self fully collapsed

77 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, LiakosN said:

So why is there frustration? Isn't frustration a form of resistance? 

That’s the difference between holistic realization and holistic action born of realization. 

Realization grows into embodiment. Like a flower blooming. Embodiment will deepen if one remains religiously attentive. 

If that makes sense. 

Edited by Faceless

2 hours ago, ppfeiff said:

Indeed, it's inevitable, the universe conspires to "wake" up when we commit to the path. 

that would be wonderful :x how come that so many people seem to be on the path and only a small part of them wakes up? 

@egoless did you deliberately start looking for signs of the universe or did they appear unwillingly/spontaneously? I wonder whether I'd see them too if I started looking for them....but people also keep saying to 'not force' 'not search' (that's all I'm doing anywayxD) sometimes this stuff just confuses the shit out of me. o.OxD 

whatever arises, love that

3 minutes ago, phoenix666 said:

that would be wonderful :x how come that so many people seem to be on the path and only a small part of them wakes up? 

@egoless did you deliberately start looking for signs of the universe or did they appear unwillingly/spontaneously? I wonder whether I'd see them too if I started looking for them....but people also keep saying to 'not force' 'not search' (that's all I'm doing anywayxD) sometimes this stuff just confuses the shit out of me. o.OxD 

It all was happening on itself when I started surrendering and letting go of attachments. I fully let go of control. Now it went full circle and I am in the full control and fully conscious. 

Edited by egoless

21 hours ago, egoless said:

Agree. Search and self inquiry is over. But post awakening sadhana is inevitable anyways. 

What is your sadhana and why can't you just drop it. Do you still have your old goals, can you afford and enjoy doing nothing? What about your physical body, do you feel like protecting it, are you inclined to explore the worlds beyond it? 

Edited by iamme

31 minutes ago, iamme said:

What is your sadhana and why can't you just drop it. Do you still have your old goals, can you afford and enjoy doing nothing? What about your physical body, do you feel like protecting it, are you inclined to explore the worlds beyond it? 

post awakening sadhana is just a conceptual term which means that after awakening you are slowly but surely embodying your realization in all aspects of your life - it is inevitable once you are fully conscious. The questions you ask can only be answered from the relative perspective. One must awaken to the oneness of relative and absolute to know that there is no difference and you have both perspectives.

Edited by egoless

@phoenix666

4 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

This is probably a gross simplification, and I'm not going to pretend to know what enlightenment is without being enlightened, but I would say, boiled down to it, it's simply a lack of commitment, including the lack of commitment to being open-minded enough when things don't work to explore different techniques that will work, and surrendering to the Infinite guidance. If you're 100% committed, I think the universe will only assist you in realizing your true nature. "And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall he opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

Edited by ppfeiff

4 hours ago, ppfeiff said:

"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall he opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opene

this is very comforting, where is the quote from? the bible? 

it fluctuates, sometimes I feel like everything is helping me to wake up, sometimes it just feels like a big, endless struggle no one else around me seems to deal with. it's confusing. maybe that's exactly my next step though? embracing confusion, paradox and chaoso.O

9 hours ago, egoless said:

It all was happening on itself when I started surrendering and letting go of attachments. I fully let go of control. Now it went full circle and I am in the full control and fully conscious. 

surrender and letting go of attachments. I keep forgetting that, fighting for control. some day it will click and surrender will become effortless and permanent for me too I guess.

thanks for patiently answering all our questions <3 I'm happy for you! that's where your life actually begins....I'm excited! <3

@Timothy relationships with people are more loving and compassionate. You are not affected by social pressures that much anymore. Of course that’s all relative. But as time goes it’s getting better and better. You should understand that after Awakening  you still have relative perspective, but you have absolute as well. You still need food, drink, sex or whatever... but you have more consciousness and neuroses can not control you anymore. You may be the same person but not attached to separate elements. You just take everything as it is and then you can consciously decide what to change. 

Edited by egoless

2 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

it fluctuates, sometimes I feel like everything is helping me to wake up, sometimes it just feels like a big, endless struggle no one else around me seems to deal with. it's confusing. maybe that's exactly my next step though? embracing confusion, paradox and chaoso.O

You just need to disolve all ideas and attachments of separate self. Also let go of all ideas and concepts about Enlightenment. Investigate your sincere experience. Where it feels that you are located. Then become conscious of that thing and notice that your source can not be coming from “there”. You just need more self enquiry at this point.

Edited by egoless

37 minutes ago, egoless said:

disolve all ideas and attachments of separate self. Also let go of all ideas and concepts about Enlightenment. Investigate your sincere experience. Where it feels that you are located. Then become conscious of that thing and notice that your source can not be coming from “there”. You just need more self enquiry at this point.

<3 thank you!

@egoless thanks for sharing your experiences, they are really helpful.

In reality it's existence talking to itself, right? hehehehe... nice!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Relevant point from Peter Ralston in his newsletter:

Peter,
My question is about Purpose. I have had a number of breakthroughs, where I have discovered that 'I' do not exist, that everything and nothing is met in every moment, that 'this' is timeless. That this is creating itself, and in being an observer to it, I am surrendering to truth. To be entirely present, consciously, in every moment, seems to be something that I have not yet mastered, and I say this with a recognition of an I, that needs to master anything at all. While I may experience conscious 'states', truth is eternal and timeless, and thus my relative reality is meaningless, as truth is not a state.

When everything exists in emptiness, the form is formless, empty in its fullness, and still, I, which I recognize to be my ego, is wondering what it is that I am supposed to be doing with my 'life'. I say life in inverted commas, because I recognize life to be in the present, effortlessly alive. Life as we perceive it to be, this linear birth death cycle, what am I to do with that? I know these are worries of the mind, the mind's attempt to identify as something, in search of something that is not now, or whatever the mind is up to.

I'm aware that I am writing to you from mind. Forgive my nonsense.

I was questioning purpose openly and was told "Peter is good with purpose, you should write to him." So I did. Thank you for your time.
Annabelle

Annabelle,
As you apparently know, your consciousness doesn't need a purpose. There is no need for you to pursue anything. You could simply live out your life from day to day without any aim or plan—if you are happy to do so. But there's the rub. You obviously have angst about this matter so such an aimless course doesn't seem OK for you. Not to worry, it is a common malady, and there are reasons it is so common.

The self that you are doing is founded on selfsurvival. This is the same as saying it is founded on life—or persisting in life as that self. You don't need, however, to be what ever you have formed as a self so far, or be attached to that identity, or even the human condition. But as a person and an activity, you will be some form, otherwise you don't get to manifest or exist, you don't get to act out a life. The very nature of life demands not only form but the will to maintain and manage that form in the face of dissolution. You are doing that. It is natural and comes with the package. What doesn't come with the package is the consciousness of what is actually true. Yet as you suggest becoming conscious of this nature doesn't change the fact of "the package." And so you are confused.

Your first mistake, in my view, is assuming that your purpose is something to find. It is not. Purpose is created not found. What is "found" as the motivator for your actions and your plans is what I refer to as your "self-agenda." Absent of any consciously created purpose, this is the activity that takes place as the force that drives your life—being motivated to manage daily circumstances—in general, to pursue comfort and avoid pain on every level. Toward that end, the agenda also pushes you to pursue the resolution of any sense of being incomplete or not "perfect" in some way, and these unfold as plans and strategies to attain whatever seems to promise such resolution—such as trying to be liked or approved of, becoming rich or successful, proving something to yourself or others, being loved, rebelling, being acquiescent or fitting in, and so on—whatever you pursue in the attempt to "fix" you, or improve your lot in life. This force, however, is built on ignorance, not consciousness.

Purpose, on the other hand, has to be consciously created. It is what you decide to devote your life to, other than simply "being." If you are not happy and complete absent of any purpose, and apparently you aren't, then creating a purpose may be appropriate. Since the self is wed to survival, as long as there is a self—and no matter how conscious you become this is overwhelmingly likely—survival will be pursued. Given you are conscious of your true nature and perhaps that of life, you can "survive" in different ways, or maintain very simple and existential elements of being, but you will have to act out life until you die.

In order to be satisfied in life most people require a "project" or something to which you can give yourself, some endeavor or purpose that you consider worth pursuing. Nothing more than devoting yourself to something "greater" than your self—meaning it is not wed to or has as its sole purpose that of serving the self (as does self-survival)—creates a "purposeful" life and a sense of satisfaction. Nothing needs to be done, but if you're going to do something what is it that you are willing to give your life to, what are you willing to take a stand for and "be?" What do you want to contribute?

Such questions shouldn't be limited to a project or cause, but applied to what you think, feel, and do. What do you want to manifest "as?" What do you want to take a stand for being? What would you like to contribute to humanity? This is not about you, it is about what you can give or create. When you devote yourself to a purpose you consider worthy, you will be settled as well as even more powerful and full in your life. If you want satisfaction in your living, then whatever it is you take on, even the mundane aspects of life, master it. This will change your relationship to it, you, and life; and teach you more than you imagine it will.

Remember, even Gautama Buddha maintained a person and body, he took action to be fed (begged), dressed, groomed himself (if all the statues are to be believed), and took on teaching as his life purpose, until he died. All that time, we imagine, he was conscious of what's absolutely true, as he lived out a life.

Peter

Edited by Phrae
Formatting

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --